Create Account

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Aaron Murray - ACL

5th round no higher.

Your beliefs become your thoughts,
Your thoughts become your words,
Your words become your actions,
Your actions become your habits,
Your habits become your values,
Your values become your destiny.

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

Quote:Why not just wait for the decline in performance to occur before you say we need to replace him?
As long as he is playing at a high level, we are fine at MLB and don't need to pick one.

That's like saying "why not wait for my tire to blow out when I'm doing 65 on the freeway instead of replacing them now since the tread is worn."

As a maintenance guy we have a saying, the best time to replace a part is the day before it breaks. That way you get the most out of that part that you can and you reduce the amount of time that the replacement is taking up space in your inventory. Once Poszluzny's production drops, his replacement should be on the roster and ready to fill in. Not in the college ranks awaiting the draft.

I'm trying to make myself more informed and less opinionated.

Stop saying whatever stupid thing you're talking about and pay attention to all the interesting things I have to say!

Quote:5th round no higher.

In other words, not at all. Our next quarterback needs to be a first or second round pick.

Quote:In other words, not at all. Our next quarterback needs to be a first or second round pick.

And we can also draft a guy in the fifth.

Quote:That's like saying "why not wait for my tire to blow out when I'm doing 65 on the freeway instead of replacing them now since the tread is worn."

As a maintenance guy we have a saying, the best time to replace a part is the day before it breaks. That way you get the most out of that part that you can and you reduce the amount of time that the replacement is taking up space in your inventory. Once Poszluzny's production drops, his replacement should be on the roster and ready to fill in. Not in the college ranks awaiting the draft.

I am just trying to figure out why people are panicking about the MLB position when he is actually better than the two outside linebackers.

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

Quote:I am just trying to figure out why people are panicking about the MLB position when he is actually better than the two outside linebackers.

There is a difference between panicking and seeing the need to be prepared. Folks aren't saying that he needs to be replaced, just that his replacement -- for a very critical position on the Defense -- needs to be ready to go in once Poz's production goes down.

I'm trying to make myself more informed and less opinionated.

Stop saying whatever stupid thing you're talking about and pay attention to all the interesting things I have to say!

Quote:It took a long time for me to see Geno Hayes actually is a good player. He struggled during the first half of the season. Now he looks better, but I want to see him keep that up the next three weeks.
i think he took time to adjust to the system

what i would say is both of them are capable, allen does his job day in day out but i wouldn't mind having a better player in the mix for rotation purposes if reynolds or louteleli don't step up

Quote:Why would you want David Caldwell to pick two quarterbacks when we need three offensive linemen, two defensive linemen, two outside linebackers, a tight end, and a running back?

Because of this wacky thing called Free Agency during an off season when the Jags will have something in the neighborhood of $30-40 million in cap space.

Many of the picks will end up being players who will never perform and many will not perform after some seasoning. After seeing what Caldwell did last year with getting some steals on players with 1 year deals & UDFA to impress, who is to say he cannot plug in more holes in a similar fashion.