Create Account

Board Performance Issues We are aware of performance issues on the board and are working to resolve them! The board may be intermittently unavailable during this time. (May 07) x

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
***OFFICIAL Jaguars @ Texans Game Day Thread***

Yeah guys, Texans really want to win this game but our defense is really just this good.

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

Quote:25% of the time since the 2000 season a 1st overall QB won the superbowl. Much better odds than any other pick except 199 overall.

Two players don't make a trend.

Since 1998 there have been 12 QBs drafted with the first pick. 2 of them have won Super Bowls. That's a 16% chance of success using your logic.

Sorry, that's not enough to get me to root against my team.

Quote:Bradley definitely has Branch drinking the Gus-Juice.   Dude looks like a different player today.

He has. Last week he was getting a lot of penetration at least compared to usual.

No pain, no gain.

Will this be MoJo's first 100 yrd. game of 2013?

NH3...
"AZANE"

Quote:Bradley definitely has Branch drinking the Gus-Juice.   Dude looks like a different player today. 

They went out for a drive and to have a nice chat.  Gus rode slowly past the unemployment office.

JJ!!!!

Quote:Not necessarily. You don't HAVE to have the 1st pick to be successful.

Joe Flacco was drafted with the 18th pick.

Aaron Rodgers was drafted with the 24th pick.

Drew Brees was drafted with the 64th pick.

Ben Roethlisberger was drafted with the 11th pick.

Tom Brady was drafted with the 199th pick.

Brad Johsnon was drafted with the 227th pick.

Trent Dilfer was drafted with 6th pick.

Kurt Warner was undrafted.

The only QBs drafted with the 1st pick to win a Super Bowl since 2000 are the Mannings.

I don't know why this is so complicated for some.

You still have to hit on your pick. If you assume you will miss, well you can miss at pick 1 or pick 28. Either way, you have to hit on your pick. But if you were picking at spot 1-11 in 2004 then you had the chance to draft Roethlisberger. If you picked after that, you didn't. I want my team to have the choice between all of the players and get the best one.

Capt Hold da ball at work.

Step up Henne wow.

No pain, no gain.

And we're out of FG range...

NH3...
"AZANE"

Pasztor just got Watt-ed
"Before you criticize a man, walk a mile in his shoes. That way, if he gets angry, he's a mile away and barefoot."

Our o-line will always remove all hope for optimism!!!

anger is a weapon

(This post was last modified: 11-24-2013, 03:07 PM by The Mad Dog.)

Quote:Yeah guys, Texans really want to win this game but our defense is really just this good.

lolz..... Laughing Laughing 

(This post was last modified: 11-24-2013, 03:08 PM by rollerjag.)

You, my friend, just made my Favorite Post Hall of Fame.

May I use '...drinking the Gus-juice" going forward?

If something can corrupt you, you're corrupted already.
- Bob Marley

[Image: kiWL4mF.jpg]

What is this?

Why can't the Jags ever find a coach who knows how and when to use a challenge?

"The season's not over... we still have a bunch of games to lose..." - TemporaryName

"The middle of the field is like Narnia to us, we don't believe it really exists" - Marvsin

How much more will our D have to endure?

NH3...
"AZANE"

Line is horrible. Rackley and Bradfield are just dancing out there whiffing on air. Pastor just being worked. At least Meester is holding up surprisingly.

I like Mike Carey and the way he usually explains the rulings on the field if it's questionable or unclear. 

Quote:I don't know why this is so complicated for some.

You still have to hit on your pick. If you assume you will miss, well you can miss at pick 1 or pick 28. Either way, you have to hit on your pick. But if you were picking at spot 1-11 in 2004 then you had the chance to draft Roethlisberger. If you picked after that, you didn't. I want my team to have the choice between all of the players and get the best one.

Sure, you still have to hit on your pick but the #1 overall is far from the guarantee our adorable little Bridgits are preaching it to be. Picking 4th, 5th, or 6th puts us in a position draft every Super Bowl winning QB since 2000 except the Mannings.