Create Account

Board Performance Issues We are aware of performance issues on the board and are working to resolve them! The board may be intermittently unavailable during this time. (May 07) x

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Who is your Kirk Cousins?

(This post was last modified: 12-04-2013, 02:46 AM by Jungle Cat.)

Quote:theres a huge chance we go qb in the first round and seeing that henne is gonna be a FA and theres no hope for gabby, if we draft another qb who would you prefer in the 4th round and/or beyond?

i prefer david fales, it seemed he didnt have a better season than most anticipated and his stock has plummeted, he was projected to go in the 2nd before the season. he has all the tools and a very smart qb, the most notable knock against him is his arm strength, i see chad pennington in the future.

I think there's a huge chance we won't select a QB in the first round.

One QB that I really liked this year was:

Corey Robinson - Troy - 6-1 210  285 completions on 421 attempts for 3219 yards - Holds several Sun Belt all-time passing records. Excellent arm. Great accuracy. Fine deep ball. Fiery leader. Very good in come-from-behind results. Career totals of interest - 13,477 passing yards and 81 TDs.

This is the best video I can find on him. He really makes it look easy. You can see he follows progressions. Makes all the throws. Shows poise and confidence. I haven't seen a single college passer with better accuracy. Some of his stuff is moving forty yards on a dime. He's lucky, too.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jlLccmB4S2w

I don't know who #75 is for Troy, but the guy really hustles on that first play.

First they ignore you, then they ridicule you, then they fight you, then you win. - Mahatma Gandhi

http://s6.postimg.org/vyr2ycdfz/Teddy_Br...cked_4.gif

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

Corey Robinson's claim to fame around here: http://www.maxpreps.com/news/HSxxZFohsEW...passes.htm

That's about it.

(This post was last modified: 12-04-2013, 03:24 AM by Jungle Cat.)

Quote:Corey Robinson's claim to fame around here: http://www.maxpreps.com/news/HSxxZFohsEW...passes.htm

That's about it.

I tell you what you do with him. You draft him and tuck him away. Let him grow quietly. Teach him the pro game. The production indicates he is a prolific passer. The only thing I don't see is Robinson playing under center. He demonstrates a great deal of intelligence and a real gift at throwing the football. The accuracy, quick release, sound reads, and production are incredibly valuable provided he can eventually hit the NFL playing field.

At very least, he can develop into a solid veteran back-up with a chance to start.

First they ignore you, then they ridicule you, then they fight you, then you win. - Mahatma Gandhi

Hundley will probably stay in school,  but if not,  a late round pick for his upside would be interesting.  Jaguars have too many holes for drafting two qbs though. Look for a new free agent veteran backup.

Coughlin when asked if winning will be a focus: "What the hell else is there? This is nice and dandy, but winning is what all this is about."

I've liked Fales and Matthews (Cornell).  Matthews' knock is once he's pressured he kind of panics.  He isn't afraid to get hit, just ends up not really knowing where to go if there's heat in his face.  If you want to see Fales' potential, look no further than his game last week against Fresno.  Not saying he does this every game, because he obviously does not.  But you can see he can fit the ball into tight places, he can throw his WR's open, he can lead guys for YAC, and he has the arm strength that a lot of people don't give him credit for.

Fales vs Fresno: http://draftbreakdown.com/video/david-fa...tate-2013/

Quote:I tell you what you do with him. You draft him and tuck him away. Let him grow quietly. Teach him the pro game. The production indicates he is a prolific passer. The only thing I don't see is Robinson playing under center. He demonstrates a great deal of intelligence and a real gift at throwing the football. The accuracy, quick release, sound reads, and production are incredibly valuable provided he can eventually hit the NFL playing field.

At very least, he can develop into a solid veteran back-up with a chance to start.

I haven't seen him mentioned anywhere as an actual prospect that teams are looking at. He's tiny and throws sidearm without much zip; that video was extremely unimpressive. You have to be trolling.

Quote:lynch out of NIU will be skyrocketing up draft boards soon...
Sweet lord, HeeRo is probably praying we select a white guy named Lynch.

Quote:I haven't seen him mentioned anywhere as an actual prospect that teams are looking at. He's tiny and throws sidearm without much zip; that video was extremely unimpressive. You have to be trolling.

I have no idea what your own agenda here is, but NFL teams are always looking at everybody in the college ranks. In responding to the question, I felt the time was right to give a name of a player that might fit the criteria.

For what it's worth to investigate if size matters "tiny" players at the quarterback position do seem to find their way into the NFL. This is NOT an effort to compare anything other than size.

Robert Griffin III - 6' 2" 217 Lbs.

Drew Brees - 6' 0" 209 Lbs.

Russell Wilson 5' 11" 206 Lbs.

Michael Vick 6' 0" 215 Lbs.

Case Keenum 6' 1" 204 Lbs.

The Jaguars own Mark Brunell was (tah dah) 6' 1" 217 Lbs.

Joe Theismann was 6' 0' 192 Lbs.

How do you know if Corey Robinson doesn't attract interest of NFL scouts. Some of the more reputable scouting sites rank him around 30th. That can and most likely will improve should he come into better focus. He has a long, proven track record of producing outstanding results. He has real knack for throwing the football. Who doesn't care about that? He is a senior so maybe he'll be invited to the Senior Bowl.

What's most impressive is the relative ease with which he makes throws and the pin-point accuracy on his passes. All I see are highlights, but that's enough to get a general idea of what he's about. His deliver actually varies. Side arm delivery is fine in a variety of passing situations. He orients the ball fast and has a quick release.

What impresses most about a QB like Tampa Bay's Glennon is he has the ability to project he is playing the game three steps ahead of everybody else and his task is rounding up his team mates and guiding them through those steps.

I see the same headiness in Corey Robinson. 

Troy wasn't a very good team. .500 ball.

Quote:I have no idea what your own agenda here is, but NFL teams are always looking at everybody in the college ranks. In responding to the question, I felt the time was right to give a name of a player that might fit the criteria.

For what it's worth to investigate if size matters "tiny" players at the quarterback position do seem to find their way into the NFL. This is NOT an effort to compare anything other than size.

How do you know if Corey Robinson doesn't attract interest of NFL scouts. Some of the more reputable scouting sites rank him around 30th. That can and most likely will improve should he come into better focus. He has a long, proven track record of producing outstanding results. He has real knack for throwing the football. Who doesn't care about that? He is a senior so maybe he'll be invited to the Senior Bowl.

What's most impressive is the relative ease with which he makes throws and the pin-point accuracy on his passes. All I see are highlights, but that's enough to get a general idea of what he's about. His deliver actually varies. Side arm delivery is fine in a variety of passing situations. He orients the ball fast and has a quick release.

What impresses most about a QB like Tampa Bay's Glennon is he has the ability to project he is playing the game three steps ahead of everybody else and his task is rounding up his team mates and guiding them through those steps.

So are you just going to keep throwing out random names and see what sticks?

The more QB's that get mentioned, the more I can't help but think of how everyone wanted Matt Scott in round 4 last year.

I was wrong about Trent Baalke. 

Quote:Sweet lord, HeeRo is probably praying we select a white guy named Lynch.
Oh boy...

Quote:Sweet lord, HeeRo is probably praying we select a white guy named Lynch.

Hilarious.  Banana

Coughlin when asked if winning will be a focus: "What the hell else is there? This is nice and dandy, but winning is what all this is about."

Quote:I have no idea what your own agenda here is, but NFL teams are always looking at everybody in the college ranks. In responding to the question, I felt the time was right to give a name of a player that might fit the criteria.

30th among quarterbacks?