Create Account

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Mary Lou Retton will lead the Texans onto the field Sunday and all fans get pom-poms

In her day, Mary Lou Retton could have done a single leg swing with a circle and flair on my pommel horse any day.  

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

We must destroy them.

1-9 is bad enough.  This is just a slap in the face.

I always thought the Texans fans take this game a whole lot more serious than we do.  I mean, in our division, I would place this well behind the Titans and the Colts games.  Does anyone agree with that statement?  I mean, I like the game, its a rivalry and all since we are in the same division, but it doesn't seem quite as exciting for us as it does for them.

“It is the job of thinking people not to be on the side of the executioners.”
― Albert Camus

Quote:I always thought the Texans fans take this game a whole lot more serious than we do.  I mean, in our division, I would place this well behind the Titans and the Colts games.  Does anyone agree with that statement?  I mean, I like the game, its a rivalry and all since we are in the same division, but it doesn't seem quite as exciting for us as it does for them.

I don't know who told you that, but it's never been true.

The order went Titans (for obvious reasons, although with the death of Bud, we'll see if it carries, probably will)... main reason the players view it as a rivalry as well, see Andre smacking Innegan around and all the other times things got out of control and almost went to blows. There was even a big brawl on the sideline befores

Colts,  they were always the ones to beat with Peyton, now they're back on top

and then

the Jags, just because the Jags were a team they were always able to compete with and get wins against (for some reason y'all always made David Carr look decent and Walter would have career days against them as well) doesn't mean they were the top rivalry.

Quote:yikes.....thats embarrassing. 

Glad its them and not us. 

How is that embarrassing?  Because she's a woman?   Rolleyes

She's a national icon and was the first American to win a all around individual gold medal.  I'm glad she's being honored Sunday. It's something I'll actually look forward to, which hasn't happened to often this season.

(This post was last modified: 11-23-2013, 10:43 PM by Vicbow Rules.)

Quote:I don't know who told you that, but it's never been true.

The order went Titans (for obvious reasons, although with the death of Bud, we'll see if it carries, probably will)... main reason the players view it as a rivalry as well, see Andre smacking Innegan around and all the other times things got out of control and almost went to blows. There was even a big brawl on the sideline befores

Colts,  they were always the ones to beat with Peyton, now they're back on top

and then

the Jags, just because the Jags were a team they were always able to compete with and get wins against (for some reason y'all always made David Carr look decent and Walter would have career days against them as well) doesn't mean they were the top rivalry.
I guess they always seem really fired up for this particular game.  For example, it seems that they wear the "battle red" when they play the Jags an awful lot.  I am not criticizing them for feeling like it is a big game, just saying its not something I quite understand.  I know a couple Texans fans and it seems they really look forward to this particular game.

As for the Titans vs Texans being the big rivalry, I can see that being important to the fans, but the players don't necessarily have that same feeling.  It's not as though the players on the Texans get more pumped up knowing that in 1997 or so, some guy they never knew existed at the time moved his  team to another city.  

“It is the job of thinking people not to be on the side of the executioners.”
― Albert Camus

Quote:How is that embarrassing?  Because she's a woman?   Rolleyes

She's a national icon and was the first American to win a all around individual gold medal.  I'm glad she's being honored Sunday. It's something I'll actually look forward to, which hasn't happened to often this season.
Hasn't happened TOO often for either team Tongue

Seriously though, What does it matter? You guys have pom poms and a gymnast. We have swimming pools and scorebords dancing in our heads. What do we have in common? We both are looking at a team's attempt to keep us interested in the game and spending money. This is a business, first and foremost. We have to pay the salaries of guys like Poz and Marcedes. You guys have to pay the salaries of Brian Cushing and Andre Johnson. They all may deserve it or not, but that's not the point. The bill must still be paid, and we, as fans, must foot that load. This is just one way our respective teams do so under trying circumstances. 

What lies behind us, and what lies before us are tiny matters compared to what lies within us.

(This post was last modified: 11-23-2013, 11:19 PM by Trindon Holliday.)

Quote:I guess they always seem really fired up for this particular game.  For example, it seems that they wear the "battle red" when they play the Jags an awful lot.  I am not criticizing them for feeling like it is a big game, just saying its not something I quite understand.  I know a couple Texans fans and it seems they really look forward to this particular game.

As for the Titans vs Texans being the big rivalry, I can see that being important to the fans, but the players don't necessarily have that same feeling.  Its not as though the players on the Texans get more pumped up knowing that in 1997 or so, some guy they never knew existed at the time moved his  team to another city.  

The players are the ones who recognize it as a rivalry and have said it's a rivalry..  There is bad blood between players involving multiple games, that has had multiple punches thrown and ejections. 

Early on the ownership tried to force the rivalry because of the move, but like you said, that didn't involve the players.. the players over time have now formed their own rivalry.  Mainly because of the cheap shots the Titans were always known for.. and then when their proud to be labeled the "dirtiest player in the NFL" tried to punk Houston's leader it took things to another level.  I don't know how hot the rivalry is now, because Titans have had so much overturn over the last couple of years, but the Titans didn't like Houston and Houston (talking about players here) did not like the Titans.  There was genuine bad blood that went beyond the play on the field.

And as far as only wearing battle red jersey's against the Jags. That isn't true either, we've worn the red jerseys against every divisional opponent (and non divisional opponents), we just wore them vs the Colts a few weeks ago.

(This post was last modified: 11-23-2013, 11:23 PM by Trindon Holliday.)

Quote:Hasn't happened TOO often for either team Tongue

Seriously though, What does it matter? You guys have pom poms and a gymnast. We have swimming pools and scorebords dancing in our heads. What do we have in common? We both are looking at a team's attempt to keep us interested in the game and spending money. This is a business, first and foremost. We have to pay the salaries of guys like Poz and Marcedes. You guys have to pay the salaries of Brian Cushing and Andre Johnson. They all may deserve it or not, but that's not the point. The bill must still be paid, and we, as fans, must foot that load. This is just one way our respective teams do so under trying circumstances. 

lol, I don't think the poms poms are them trying to keep us interested in the product as much as it's them trying to subconsciously stop us from booing and maybe be positive and cheer.  Mary Lou is the cute little button to help get Texan fans sidetracked off their anger before the game even begins.  Smile , I mean we already cheered when Schaub exited the game and Yates came in.. and that came after we burned his jersey in the parking lot.  Last week I think we were pretty close to burning the whole stadium down when moron Kubiak put Schaub back in the game. (and he still can't give a straight answer why he did it.. infact that move cemented his exit from Houston as the owner held a meeting with other minority owners after that game to discuss the firing of Kubiak).

The pom poms is a strategic move more than just a money move.  It's like painting prison walls neutral non violence inducing colors.  They're trying to blindside us with distracting "cheering apparatuses".  It will not work, not after this season.. we all have our eye on the prize (Kubiak's firing)   Right now we have a stadium with 70,000 "Banes" sitting in the seats.. Smile  All we want to do is watch the world burn...so it could back fire.  Those pom poms might make good fire tinder out in the parking lot if we lose Sunday or Matt steps back out on the field.

Quote:lol, I don't think the poms poms are them trying to keep us interested in the product as much as it's them trying to subconsciously stop us from booing and maybe be positive and cheer.  Mary Lou is the cute little button to help get Texan fans sidetracked off their anger before the game even begins.  Smile , I mean we already cheered when Schaub exited the game and Yates came in.. and that came after we burned his jersey in the parking lot.  Last week I think we were pretty close to burning the whole stadium down when moron Kubiak put Schaub back in the game. (and he still can't give a straight answer why he did it.. infact that move cemented his exit from Houston as the owner held a meeting with other minority owners after that game to discuss the firing of Kubiak).

The pom poms is a strategic move more than just a money move.  It's like painting prison walls neutral non violence inducing colors.  They're trying to blindside us with distracting "cheering apparatuses".  It will not work, not after this season.. we all have our eye on the prize (Kubiak's firing)   Right now we have a stadium with 70,000 "Banes" sitting in the seats.. Smile  All we want to do is watch the world burn...so it could back fire.  Those pom poms might make good fire tinder out in the parking lot if we lose Sunday or Matt steps back out on the field.
...I smell burning pom poms in Texas.

Quote:...  Right now we have a stadium with 70,000 "Banes" sitting in the seats.. Smile  All we want to do is watch the world burn...so it could back fire...

I do not know how I will forgive you for mixing up your Batman references. It's not something that I want to do, but I will try. I will try.

I'm trying to make myself more informed and less opinionated.

Stop saying whatever stupid thing you're talking about and pay attention to all the interesting things I have to say!

Quote: 

It's like painting prison walls neutral non violence inducing colors. 

Oh, you mean like teal?... Wink It may not be technically a neutral color, but its definitely a non violence inducing color thats for sure... 

Glad Khan has moved away from it. 

Quote:lol, I don't think the poms poms are them trying to keep us interested in the product as much as it's them trying to subconsciously stop us from booing and maybe be positive and cheer.  Mary Lou is the cute little button to help get Texan fans sidetracked off their anger before the game even begins.  Smile , I mean we already cheered when Schaub exited the game and Yates came in.. and that came after we burned his jersey in the parking lot.  Last week I think we were pretty close to burning the whole stadium down when moron Kubiak put Schaub back in the game. (and he still can't give a straight answer why he did it.. infact that move cemented his exit from Houston as the owner held a meeting with other minority owners after that game to discuss the firing of Kubiak).

Um, this was definitely the Joker.  First a Texans fan, then messing up a Batman reference....Two strikes, CB.  Two strikes.

Quote:Oh, you mean like teal?... Wink It may not be technically a neutral color, but its definitely a non violence inducing color thats for sure... 

All uniforms should be black...because apparently grown men are really scared of people wearing black! Rolleyes
What in the Wide Wide World of Sports is agoin' on here???

Quote:Oh, you mean like teal?... Wink It may not be technically a neutral color, but its definitely a non violence inducing color thats for sure... 

You don't live in Jax.  You've hated every GM and coach but Coughlin.  You hate one of their primary colors.  Everything the team does you hate.  

WHY ARE YOU HERE!?

Huh