Create Account

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
2013 NFL TV Distribution Maps - Week 12

Quote:That would make more sense. But I don't think anybody calls that The Ice Bowl.

I remember seeing something on NFL Films and those are the two coldest games in NFL history.

The name that the Chargers-Bengals 1981 season AFC Championship game is often referred to as is the ' Freezer Bowl ' .   It was played in January, 1982.   Dick Enberg and the late Merlin Olsen were the NBC Announcers.   

Regarding Dan Dierdorf,  he was still a player with the old St. Louis Cardinals at that time.   The Cardinals were often called  ' Big Red'  when they were in St. Louis.

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

Cris Collinsworth played in that game.

Quote:Cris Collinsworth played in that game.

That's correct.  Cadillac Collinsworth was a rookie that season.

Quote:Dan Dierdorf will be leaving CBS at the end of this year. I always liked Dierdorf. He was one of my favorite announcers. I thought the #2 team of Gumbel/Dierdorf was better that the top team of Nantz/Simms.

You listen to NFL radio? I do too. I love Moving the Chains. Ross Tucker does a good job too. Press Pass which is one of their lesser known Saturday morning show is also very good for NFL junkies.

I've always liked Dan Dierdorf as an announcer more than most people.   Dierdorf has a very good combination of football knowledge and communications skills.

I have NFL Radio in my car and listen to it often when driving.   Gil Brandt and Bill Polian are probably my favorites on NFL Radio.    Both have a wealth of knowledge about football from the past and present. 

Quote:I've always liked Dan Dierdorf as an announcer more than most people. Dierdorf has a very good combination of football knowledge and communications skills.

I have NFL Radio in my car and listen to it often when driving.   Gil Brandt and Bill Polian are probably my favorites on NFL Radio.    Both have a wealth of knowledge about football from the past and present. 

But he had a hearing problem one night when Eagles fans chanted for Bobby Hoying, the backup quarterback, in the fourth quarter of a blowout loss. He thought they said "Boring boring."

Quote:But he had a hearing problem one night when Eagles fans chanted for Bobby Hoying, the backup quarterback, in the fourth quarter of a blowout loss. He thought they said "Boring boring."

Considering the vast knowledge Gil Brandt brings to the table,   even if he makes age related mistakes,   I hope he remains on the radio as long as he wants to continue.   

I said nothing about Gil Brandt.

(This post was last modified: 11-21-2013, 04:58 PM by D6.)

Quote:I said nothing about Gil Brandt.

You didn't indicate which person you were referring to.   You said he.   I assumed it was Gil Brandt,  based on his age.   

Quote:So how do you explain the fact the book about the Ice Bowl says Dan Dierdorf was the color analyst for that game?

Blackouts are for the area the game is played in. The blacked out areas are in California and Arizona. The game is in New Jersey. Explain that.

I don't even know when that game was played. And why did you call me a man?
Here is how I explain the blackout.  Arizona is playing at home on CBS at 4PM, therefore no game is allowed on FOX.

I hope that explained it.

This is unbelievable. When I could not find the Gators on any TV channel (again), I checked 506 Sports to see if I missed something. I didn't: the Gators really are not on TV today - not even on a channel I don't get. That will never make any sense to me because when I lived in Ohio, even a bad season did not prevent me from watching a Buckeyes game every week.

Quote:Here is how I explain the blackout.  Arizona is playing at home on CBS at 4PM, therefore no game is allowed on FOX.

I hope that explained it.

CBS can only show one game this week and Fox gets the doubleheader.

Now explain your username. Plain City is not Columbus, so you are really the #1 Jaguars fan in Plain City. (I know because I have been there.)

Quote:This is unbelievable. When I could not find the Gators on any TV channel (again), I checked 506 Sports to see if I missed something. I didn't: the Gators really are not on TV today - not even on a channel I don't get. That will never make any sense to me because when I lived in Ohio, even a bad season did not prevent me from watching a Buckeyes game every week.
Just an FYI...  The Gator game yesterday in Florida was on PPV only....  Outside FL, it was available and probably still on archive on Watch ESPN...  Not that any Gator fan would want to watch that mess...  Lots of the SEC teams were playing FCS payday games yesterday and it was the same thing..

Quote:Bill Mac Atee, former Buffalo Bill defensive back Steve Tasker, and former Jaguars and NFL quarterback Steve Beuerlein, are announcing the Jaguars road game out west down Interstate 10 with the 2012 AFC South Champions Houston Texans at Reliant Stadium this Sunday afternoon, seen primarily in Southern Texas, Savannah, Georgia, and in Florida on Gainesville, Orlando, and Jacksonville on WTEV CBS channel 47, seen live on HD.  Smile  :yes:

WAWS FOX channel 30 will also televise the Panthers @ Dolphins early regional, and Cowboys @ N. Y. Giants primary late, NFL On FOX doubleheader games locally  in the Jacksonville area, also seen live on HD.        :thumbsup:   ^_^

http://506sports.com/

http://www.the506.com/

On the Cole and Sam postgame podcast, Sam K ripped McEntee and Tasker for being lousy...  There's a reason why the Jags-Texans get the dregs of CBS announcers...

Quote:Just an FYI...  The Gator game yesterday in Florida was on PPV only....  Outside FL, it was available and probably still on archive on Watch ESPN...  Not that any Gator fan would want to watch that mess...  Lots of the SEC teams were playing FCS payday games yesterday and it was the same thing..

That is backwards. It should be free in Florida and PPV everywhere else.

Quote:CBS can only show one game this week and Fox gets the doubleheader.

Now explain your username. Plain City is not Columbus, so you are really the #1 Jaguars fan in Plain City. (I know because I have been there.)
I moved five years ago to Plain City.  Nobody outside of central Ohio is going to know where it is.

Please tell me you did not eat at the fake Amish restaurant in Plain City.