Create Account

Board Performance Issues We are aware of performance issues on the board and are working to resolve them! The board may be intermittently unavailable during this time. (May 07) x

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
defense on the rise!

Yes they looked better against the Cards in some areas. I expect them to look better in general when playing scrub teams, and make no mistake about it the Cards are nothing special. I think individually Branch and Ball had good games, both shined, I think the rest of the secondary struggled however, Palmer was able to put up some numbers on the secondary and he's nothing special. 

[Image: 5_RdfH.gif]

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

Quote:Coach bradley days in seattle look like its rubbing off on the jags! I wanna see more of the first half effort become more consistent! Go jags!!!

I don't recall Seattle making Carson Palmer look like Payton Manning.

Joking aside (kind of), we're getting there.

Quote:This game proved we need a real pass rush.

Caldwell im hoping is keeping an eye on any news of top tier pass rushers to sign in this offseason or the next. Im tired of drafting duds. Im willing to give Caldwell and Bradley a chance with this draft to find a Qb and take on the D-line / O-line like they did in the secondary this past draft but i really want us to supplement it and make the job easier by signing a proven pass rusher.

We will have the cap space and i always think a new regime should find 1 or 2 studs in the 2nd -  3rd years of a rebuild in FA to sign for long term success. Maybe not the first as the team is still shaping up but i think Bridgewater + 3 O-lineman + Drafted DE + Proven FA DE on a big deal would be a monster improvement for the team and would accelerate the rebuild process. Basically adding a little spice to the recipe and cooking at a higher temp. Just gotta be careful not to burn it.
I hear you Ninja but it seems as if teams will not part with proven pass rushers until they are on the downhill. See Osi, Freeney and Dumervill. Good players but are these the type of guys you are talking about Caldwell landing? Sincere question.

I do not see JPP or JJ Watt hitting the market anytime soon. Who are some realistic free agent targets you would like to see on the D line?

Quote:I hear you Ninja but it seems as if teams will not part with proven pass rushers until they are on the downhill. See Osi, Freeney and Dumervill. Good players but are these the type of guys you are talking about Caldwell landing? Sincere question.

I do not see JPP or JJ Watt hitting the market anytime soon. Who are some realistic free agent targets you would like to see on the D line?

I know you asked him but I'll throw some out there.

Michael Bennett from the Seahawks or a cheaper option might be Willie Young from Det. 

Also, I think Orakpo is a FA this year as well. 

Quote:I know you asked him but I'll throw some out there.

Michael Bennett from the Seahawks or a cheaper option might be Willie Young from Det. 

Don't forget Michael Johnson. 

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap1000000...n-unlikely

Quote:I know you asked him but I'll throw some out there.

I think Michael Johnson from the Bengals is available next year. I'm sure the Bengals would love to keep him, but I'm not sure they'll be able to.

He has been playing very well this season. He seems to be getting a lot of pressure,, and has been batting down passes pretty consistently. He helps make that Cincy D-Line very formidable, even without Geno Atkins.

Quote:Don't forget Michael Johnson. 

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap1000000...n-unlikely

Quote:I think Michael Johnson from the Bengals is available next year. I'm sure the Bengals would love to keep him, but I'm not sure they'll be able to.

He has been playing very well this season. He seems to be getting a lot of pressure,, and has been batting down passes pretty consistently. He helps make that Cincy D-Line very formidable, even without Geno Atkins.

I didn't include him only because the "perfect LEO" is said to be around 6' 2" and 250lbs. I have no clue if Bradley would exclude a guy for being too big? If not, them I'm totally on board with Michael Johnson - although I'm 91% sure his price tag will be significantly higher than the first two guys I mentioned.

They front 7 looked better. The secondary got torched, though.

Quote:I think Bridgewater at 3 is better value than Mack at 3, yes.

<div> 
LOLOLOLOLOLOLOL. Clown.
</div>

Quote:Our offense is a struggle to watch.  
The offense is, well....., offensive.

Defense is coming along though. Not great, but improving, not regressing.

What lies behind us, and what lies before us are tiny matters compared to what lies within us.

bumped for update:

<div style="margin:0px;font-size:17px;background-color:transparent;font-family:'Times New Roman';">@ESPNdirocco why are the jaguars not the worst team in the nfl anymore?
</div>
<b>DiRocco</b>: My Stat of the Week, which will run Thursday morning, will break this down more thoroughly, but the main reason is how much better the Jaguars are playing on defense. They’ve gone from being last in the NFL in rushing defense and scoring defense in the first nine weeks to ranking third and 13th<span style="margin:0px;background-color:transparent;">, respectively, in the games played over the past four weeks.<span style="margin:0px;background-color:transparent;"> They’ve also recorded nine of their 20 sacks and forced eight of their 16 turnovers in the four games since the bye week.</span> The offense still has its issues, but the defense is keeping the Jaguars in games better than it did in the first half of the season.</span>

dude, we just gave up 370 yards to a terrible QB.  The D is facing very bad QBs.   We may be getting better than sucking but to say we are on the rise is really a stretch.   Also, the fact that the offense can now get beyond midfield helps out a whole heck of a lot as well.

TO summarize.... early in the year, the D wasn't as bad as people think .... now, the D isn't as good as people think.

Quote:dude, we just gave up 370 yards to a terrible QB.  The D is facing very bad QBs.   We may be getting better than sucking but to say we are on the rise is really a stretch.   Also, the fact that the offense can now get beyond midfield helps out a whole heck of a lot as well.

TO summarize.... early in the year, the D wasn't as bad as people think .... now, the D isn't as good as people think.
And we won? ??? Dude.. I think we all know we are not good - what is wrong with being better than someone else? (winning) P.S. better than sucking is the same as on the rise...

Quote:dude, we just gave up 370 yards to a terrible QB.  The D is facing very bad QBs.   We may be getting better than sucking but to say we are on the rise is really a stretch.   Also, the fact that the offense can now get beyond midfield helps out a whole heck of a lot as well.

It's an old thread that I bumped with a blurb from a beat reporter.   Consider the context of the twitter question to DiRocco.  (not the worst)