Create Account

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
The Crowd Today

My section was solid again yesterday.

With the last 3 home games coming against bad/below average teams and the holidays around the corner, attendance is going to drop. One thing is for certain.

I WILL STILL BE AT EVERBANK COME GAMETIME!
Whether someone has a liberal, or conservative viewpoint, a authoritative figure should not lock a thread for the sole purpose to get the last word in all the while prohibiting someone else from being able to respond.

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

Quote:The stadium looked half full on TV

It looked more than half full to me. I thought the attendance was pretty good, considering the opponent has a winning record.

(This post was last modified: 11-18-2013, 02:41 PM by trunt87.)

It was just OK IMO.  But come on.  Our team is 1-9, our offense is terrible, and on defense we can't rush the passer to save our lives. 

Not a good recipe for fan attendance. 

Exactly. 

The team is bad, but the core fans are still showing up.  It wasn't a packed house yesterday, but considering where we're at in the rebuilding process right now, it's not a shock there are empty seats. 

Never argue with idiots. They drag you down to their level and beat you with experience.
[Image: attachment.php?aid=59]

Even with the smaller turnout, I think the crowd was in it for most of the game and it was plenty loud in my section even with fewer fans. Playing against the Cardinals didn't really help either, but it was still nice to see the core group of fans still cheering loudly given our putrid effort at home this season. There is still a solid fan base there for the Jags...now they just need to do their part and put a better team on the field. 

Season Ticket Holder - Sec 437

Win and they will come.

(This post was last modified: 11-18-2013, 03:44 PM by Mowerguy.)

You could tell it got loud when the turnover call didn't go our way and the "timeout " pass got intercepted.

The fans really got riled up and you could hear it on TV.

I think the D got fired up/

It was something seeing Babin walking with what looked like a squirrel in his hand. OH Its dreads! :woot:

I have tickets for the bills game, maybe it'll still be a good crowd then.

I love the SEZ.

"Stay tight, stay close. Great things are going to continue to happen for this football team."  - Doug Peterson

(This post was last modified: 11-18-2013, 04:44 PM by Chuckd.)

Wait, we're discussing some empty seats for a 1-9 team's home games? Boy, intelligent conversation has gone out the window here. And who has to point that out anyways? Oh yeah, you're the genius that noticed empty seats for the game! You've cracked on to some underlying plot to persuade you there were zero empty seats yesterday. lol

What next, comparing how guys tie their shoes? Criticizing the guy who paints the field?
<a target="_blank" href="http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v107/chuckd132132/p1_manning_all_200.jpg" target="_blank">VIEW IMAGE</a>

Quote:TV captures the east side of the stadium with most of the camera shots looking at the club sections. We go through this discussion every game. For whatever reason, those people prefer not to be in their seats most of the game. It was a decent crowd today considering the current state of the team.

It always amazes me at every stadium how those who pay the most for seats, care the least to see the action on the field. 

Quote:It was just OK IMO.  But come on.  Our team is 1-9, our offense is terrible, and on defense we can't rush the passer to save our lives. 

Not a good recipe for fan attendance. 

Another factor: The Cardinals aren't exactly a major draw.

Quote:"Half full" is hyperbole, but the crowds have been gradually shrinking. If I had to guess, I'd say we had 55K there yesterday. Winning 3 games over the last couple of years will do that, but we're down to the die hards now and they are behind the team although it's tough some days. When the Jags become a contenders again, the place will be packed.

55k is still 15k better than some games in 2009. And back then we didn't suck half as bad as we do now.

Quote:55k is still 15k better than some games in 2009. And back then we didn't suck half as bad as we do now.

I'm not complaining about 55K given the circumstances. 2009 was a perfect storm due to a combination of going 5-11 in 2008 when some people thought we'd be Superbowl contenders + the housing/economic crisis + 17000 (or whatever the number was) coming up on their contract renewals.  Coming off of the playoffs in 2007, the Jags had a short season ticket waiting list for 2008.  We'll get back to that point eventually.

I'm condescending. That means I talk down to you.

Attendance overall is down this year across the NFL.  The league is expanding the options and agreements for the "home" audience with mobile options.  Dallas attendance is down by 2k so far from last year.  Denver's attendance is up over the Teebow season but we can call that the Manning effect.  The core represents your team and then the fair weather fans fill in from there.  Winning will put in numbers above the core.  What is interesting is our "core" base has never had this team ranked last in attendance across the NFL.

I'm not currently making the drive up from central Florida but my long term plan is to be there.  All my entertainment budget for 2013 went to moving back to FL from MO.  I do buy my merchandise from the Jaguars store and do whatever I can to keep money local to the team.

Go Jags!

The Khan Years

Patience, Persistence, and Piss Poor General Managers.

I'd say between half and two-thirds full......I came home and caught the Dolphins game. Their stadium was definitely less than half full. And they have a competitive team.

Quote:I'd say between half and two-thirds full......I came home and caught the Dolphins game. Their stadium was definitely less than half full. And they have a competitive team.
Two thirds of 67,000 is 44,220. There were way more people than that.

Blame Gabbert

Quote:Blame Gabbert

Agreed.

You can blame the record for the empty seats. 

Quote:I think Bridgewater at 3 is better value than Mack at 3, yes.

<div> 
LOLOLOLOLOLOLOL. Clown.
</div>

Quote:You can blame the record for the empty seats.
Blame Gabbert for the record. We gave up a 1st and a 2nd for the worst QB ever

Quote:Blame Gabbert for the record. We gave up a 1st and a 2nd for the worst QB ever

Close to it. That bum is so bad he makes Henne look acceptable to some people.