Create Account

Board Performance Issues We are aware of performance issues on the board and are working to resolve them! The board may be intermittently unavailable during this time. (May 07) x

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Special Teams played well today!

Why draft Wilson when Gabbert looked so promising?

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

Quote:Why draft Wilson when Gabbert looked so promising?
Stop that logic you're gonna hurt peoples feelings. People need to appreciate anger and stop holding the draft pick over him. He didn't draft himself.

Quote:Anger has been solid all season. Are people really complaining about the only draft pick in the past 8 years actually living up to his hype?

Would you really rather have had another bust like 90% of the rest of the draft picks?
Thank god you dont run an NFL franchise.

(This post was last modified: 11-18-2013, 01:16 AM by Joe.)

Quote:Stop that logic you're gonna hurt peoples feelings. People need to appreciate anger and stop holding the draft pick over him. He didn't draft himself.
Boy that logic really worked out didnt it?

How is it logic anyway? You seriously think it was more logical to pick PUNTER Bryan Anger over Russel Wilson?

Quote:Stop that logic you're gonna hurt peoples feelings. People need to appreciate anger and stop holding the draft pick over him. He didn't draft himself.

You act like people hold a grudge against him, which isn't true. Is he a good punter? Absolutely. Was he an atrocious 3rd round pick? Absolutely.

Quote:Boy that logic really worked out didnt it?
Regardless if it worked or not it was the right decision to not draft a qb early after you just used a top10 pick recently.

(This post was last modified: 11-18-2013, 01:20 AM by Joe.)

Quote:Regardless if it worked or not it was the right decision to not draft a qb early after you just used a top10 pick recently.
I know right... dont want too much talent at that QB position.

Ever heard of RG3 and Kirk Cousins?

Quote:You act like people hold a grudge against him, which isn't true. Is he a good punter? Absolutely. Was he an atrocious 3rd round pick? Absolutely.

Almost every time someone mentions him there's usually a follow up comment regarding his draft spot. He and Russell Wilson will be forever tied in this forum and there's some grudge over that still

Quote:Almost every time someone mentions him there's usually a follow up comment regarding his draft spot. He and Russell Wilson will be forever tied in this forum and there's some grudge over that still

Yeah there's resentment but not towards him. It's a grudge against Gene Smith.

Quote:I know right... dont want too much talent at that QB position.

You're embarrassing yourself bro

Quote:Yeah there's resentment but not towards him. It's a grudge against Gene Smith.
I guess you're not reading the "he could be the greatest punter in the world but still not worth the pick" comments

Quote:I know right... dont want too much talent at that QB position.

Joe - Your Avatar freaks me out!

Quote:I guess you're not reading the "he could be the greatest punter in the world but still not worth the pick" comments

I agree with that statement. For a 5-11 team with tons of holes, using a 3rd round pick on a punter will always be looked at as a colossal mistake. That pick contributes to the lack of talent on this roster. That pick contributes to why Gene was canned. At the time, for this team, Anger in the 3rd round was a terrible pick.

Quote:You're embarrassing yourself bro
Id say that too if I lost an argument.

Quote:I agree with that statement. For a 5-11 team with tons of holes, using a 3rd round pick on a punter will always be looked at as a colossal mistake. That pick contributes to the lack of talent on this roster. That pick contributes to why Gene was canned. At the time, for this team, Anger in the 3rd round was a terrible pick.
gene smith is gone and anger is still on the team and to keep bringing that up is sounding like having a grudge on anger.

Quote:I guess you're not reading the "he could be the greatest punter in the world but still not worth the pick" comments
Its actually funny that you get this butt hurt over a punter.

Quote:Id say that too if I lost an argument.
lol because drafting a qb top 10 in 2011 and then another qb in the 3rd round in 2012 would show confidence in gabbert. if wilson didnt pan out you wouldnt be here.  we had a lot of holes in the roster and drafting a player who wouldnt get any playing time is pretty much a wasted pick (being that everyone hoped gabbert wouldve panned out)

Quote:Its actually funny that you get this butt hurt over a punter.
youre the one butthurt holding his draft slot over him. get over it we didnt draft wilson just appreciate we actual have a good punter, be a fan and cheer he had a great game instead of the blah blah 3rd round we couldve had wilson schtick.

Quote:lol because drafting a qb top 10 in 2011 and then another qb in the 3rd round in 2012 would show confidence in gabbert. if wilson didnt pan out you wouldnt be here. we had a lot of holes in the roster and drafting a player who wouldnt get any playing time is pretty much a wasted pick (being that everyone hoped gabbert wouldve panned out)
Wouldnt show confidence in Gabbert? That must of been why the signed Chad Henne too, to show their confidence in Gabbert.

Go home, bro.

Quote:youre the one butthurt holding his draft slot over him. get over it we didnt draft wilson just appreciate we actual have a good punter, be a fan and cheer he had a great game instead of the blah blah 3rd round we couldve had wilson schtick.
I said one thing about picking Russel Wilson and you started crying about how someone " has a grudge " on him.