Create Account

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Is it Henne or is it Fisch?

Quote:One thing i noticed after watching last nights Denver game is almost all thier reciever routes cross. I cant rember seeing any of our routes cross and if they do it is very rarely. The rub you can get off crossing routes is way Manning always has someone open most the time. Alot of teams use crossing routes to the same effect i just dont remember seeing many in our play calling. I think Fisch needs to sit in the film roomo and watch all those indy tapes we have and learn how to design professianl football plays not college.

The Jaguars can't have WRs cross routes with each other because Henne gets confused and thinks the WRs turn into one player when they're in front of each other and he can't tell which way they'll be running once they're combined.

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

Quote:The Jaguars can't have WRs cross routes with each other because Henne gets confused and thinks the WRs turn into one player when they're in front of each other and he can't tell which way they'll be running once they're combined.

That's pretty good...some thought behind that one..lol

Quote:One thing i noticed after watching last nights Denver game is almost all thier reciever routes cross. I cant rember seeing any of our routes cross and if they do it is very rarely. The rub you can get off crossing routes is way Manning always has someone open most the time. Alot of teams use crossing routes to the same effect i just dont remember seeing many in our play calling. I think Fisch needs to sit in the film roomo and watch all those indy tapes we have and learn how to design professianl football plays not college.
There was one play to shorts in the 4th quarter, henne led him out of bounds. But yeah, more plays like that one would have been nice...

Also the 4th down play for a TD was also a nice play that I would have liked to see more of...

The OC just doesn't seem to have a good idea of when to call certain plays, he seems to fall in love with a couple, and then runs those until the game is over

Quote:All I kept saying during the Cardinals game was, "when did Henne turn into Gabbert 2.0?" How does Henne go from sucky to really, really sucky? I understand the team is really, really sucky, but this was just God awful.

And then there's the play calling - especially in the 4th quarter down by two touchdowns. When you've run for a total of 3 inches, is a run play fake really going to do anything but get under my skin?

IF the Jaguars select a new QB in the first round, Fisch has to go.

I say ditch Henne, Gabbert, and Fisch.

Tomorrow, perhaps?

Agreed!

It's pretty much both. Henne is a high school talent QB playing in a college offense. Unfortunately they can't combine forces and be an NFL caliber offense.

No pain, no gain.

Is it Henne or is it Fisch?   Is there no other possibility?  

Simple minded people think:  

Who's holding the football?  The quarterback.  So everything that happens must be his fault.  

Or, the play didn't work, therefore they called the wrong play. 

Pure simple mindedness, and not enough self awareness  to recognize it.  

So, next year, would you guys rather have Fisch and Bridgewater, or Henne and another coordinator? Tough decision, right?

Quote:So, next year, would you guys rather have Fisch and Bridgewater, or Henne and another coordinator? Tough decision, right?

How about some better offensive linemen and Justin Blackmon back from suspension?  

Quote:How about some better offensive linemen and Justin Blackmon back from suspension?  

It's not a good idea to go counting on Blackmon. The guy is most likely for all intents and purposes done, even though the team will keep coddling him in the hopes that he gets enough sloppy wet kisses to suddenly take a step back and reevaluate his life...

Fisch's job isn't guaranteed.

However, if you give him Blackmon, whichever rookie QB they take, 2 upgrades on the interior O-Line, and Joeckel  -  he'll do quite well.  I'd bet good money on it.  

Quote:Fisch's job isn't guaranteed.

However, if you give him Blackmon, whichever rookie QB they take, 2 upgrades on the interior O-Line, and Joeckel  -  he'll do quite well.  I'd bet good money on it.  
I would too.

Players, not plays.  But I didn't like the play calling last week at all.