Create Account

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Is it Henne or is it Fisch?

Quote:I still think it's both.  Bad QB and poor OC.  I think Fisch goes at the end of the year, and Henne is gone too.  Maybe Gabbert as well.  

To be fair to Gus... his choice of OC was hindered by his QB.  Who'd want to come here and have their job tied to Henne or Gabbert?  Most good choices would see better opportunities.  With a new QB better options should be available to us

Either we get a new OC, or we force Fisch to throw away the old Playbook that has for some reason been there since the Del Rio Days.
If you apply your logic in the second paragraph to Caldwell, then you have to apply it to the guy Caldwell hired in Fisch.

TravC59, aka JacksJags. @TravC59 on Twitter
;
; "This is really good, you want a bite, Honey?"

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

Quote:I have to see him with a real QB first 

Well, there's just too much logic in that.

Shad Khan - Please click below:

http://www.from-the-heart-feng-shui.com/...curse.html

(This post was last modified: 11-17-2013, 05:35 PM by Jinjo.)

Quote:I think Fisch has no confidence in either Henne or Gabbert, and game plans accordingly. I've seen nothing that makes me fault him for that.

Thank you. To answer the question though, its really both. 

To take continuous shots with Henne is asking for trouble. Especially when we only have 1 WR who can make contested catches, and he is often double teamed. At this point I guess he should say screw it and try that anyway, because everything else is not working. Dont be expecting better results though. 

Next year if the offense looks like this with JB, CS3, a more experienced Ace, Teddy and a revamped line, then I will start complaining. But right now your asking him to turn water into wine. 

Quote:Garrard was cut the year before Henne was signed.
Yes he was.

Brought in as a back up though still. Not to be the man.

TravC59, aka JacksJags. @TravC59 on Twitter
;
; "This is really good, you want a bite, Honey?"

Quote:If you apply your logic in the second paragraph to Caldwell, then you have to apply it to the guy Caldwell hired in Fisch.

uhh... what?  

I don't think Fisch has shown anything that makes me think he's a good choice to coach this offense.  Especially with a young Quarterback likely coming in next year.  What would be worse for whatever QB we get is for Fisch to stay an extra year, then get fired.  Because then our QB would be going thorugh two OC's in two years.  

I was wrong about Trent Baalke. 

Henne sucks and Fish sucks....

What you see from Henne each game is all you are going to see. He isn't any better now then the first game he started and he's not ever going to be much better then what you see on the field today. He is what he is, a mediocre backup at best who will end his career with a losing record as a starter. There is absolutely NO upside at all with Henne.

I think I speak for all Jaguar fans when I say we want to see a new QB under center next year. Any QB not named Gabbert or Henne would be fine. I also think it's fair to say we have seen enough of those 2 guys, it's time for someone else to get a chance.

Personally I would like to see someone other then those 2 next game, but I think that's asking to much, so i will settle for next year.

I survived the Gus Bradley Error.

Quote:I was just thinking........ If DC was to cut Henne, Gabbert and fire Fisch tomorrow morning, how would the majority of fans feel? Wouldnt it show that mediocrity wont be tolerated? Would it light a fire under the rest of the team?.......... I cant wait for the draft
Then what? Hire another scrub OC or promote the line coach? Start Stanzi or Scott?

Then what happens when they play poorly or make bad play calls, let them go too? Where's the line drawn?

Nothing that is done at this point will improve this team let's wait until the offseason.

They both suck and I agree getting rid of all of them including gabbert.

Fisch has got to go.  Terrible

[Image: mvp.avia8a99974486b2b89.md.png]

I think Henne does pretty well for himself considering he's the NFL's first developmentally disabled starting NFL QB...

Quote:I think Henne does pretty well for himself considering he's the NFL's first developmentally disabled starting NFL QB...

This feels over the line. Judges?

(This post was last modified: 11-17-2013, 05:50 PM by Mowerguy.)

like Cheech and Chong I'm really "sick up and fed" with these so called quarterbacks.

Flush 'em now flush 'em later. Really doesn't matter but please...

FLUSH 'EM!

Fisch?...Don't know how Gus could want him another year but its his call I guess.

"Stay tight, stay close. Great things are going to continue to happen for this football team."  - Doug Peterson

What are peoples expectations from this current offense. Its been proven that the majority of the line cannot run block. Thats not a coaches fault. We are running zone and gap plays and neither are working. 

So considering we cant run, that means you want Henne to air it out. To whom exactly once the defense rolls coverage to Cecil? 

If you are refering to taking more shots downfield then I agree to some extent. But dont you understand why Fisch is trying to do that very often? 

Would just like a reason other than "He sucks"

Quote:What are peoples expectations from this current offense. Its been proven that the majority of the line cannot run block. Thats not a coaches fault. We are running zone and gap plays and neither are working. 

So considering we cant run, that means you want Henne to air it out. To whom exactly once the defense rolls coverage to Cecil? 

If you are refering to taking more shots downfield then I agree to some extent. But dont you understand why Fisch is trying to do that very often? 

Would just like a reason other than "He sucks"

It's both, hopefully neither will be back next year.  I still have no idea why they can't just give Scott or Stanzi a shot.  I know when either of those 2 are mentioned the default answer is "hur der dey sukk", but will anyone really notice?  The offense has been completely inept near 3 years, if they suck nothing is lost. 

Well, Ryan O'Halloran is going to report that Cecil Shorts is "no longer going to hold his tongue" per JP Shadrick.

Cecil Shorts says not passing to him until the third quarter is "just dumb".

This was said by Cecil as he was leaving the locker room. 

(Grabs popcorn.....)

Shad Khan - Please click below:

http://www.from-the-heart-feng-shui.com/...curse.html

it has to be henne. if it is fisch and henne is playing as bad as Gabbert then it was fisches fault and not Gabberts, ergo hennes fault.

There are several reasons why they don't let Henne "air it out".

#1  Henne is NOT very accurate with his deep throws.

#2  Henne is NOT mobile enough back there to give himself the extra time for the deep route to develop.

#3  The OL does NOT pass block well enough to give Henne time for the deep route to develop.

#4  Basically, the coaches just don't have enough confidence in Henne that he can "air it out" successfully.

Even with all that being stated, I wish they would let Henne, or whoever the QB in there is, air it out at least a few times a game. 4 things could happen if the Jags attempt the deep ball: an incomplete pass, an interception which means they will have to tackle, a PI call against either the def or off or a completion ( I know this is the least likely but it's still possible). 

I just think "airing it out" is fun for the fans and fun for the players and who knows, it might even open up a little running room if you somehow complete 1 or 2 of them. What have they got to lose??

Quote:There are several reasons why they don't let Henne "air it out".

#1  Henne is NOT very accurate with his deep throws.

#2  Henne is NOT mobile enough back there to give himself the extra time for the deep route to develop.

#3  The OL does NOT pass block well enough to give Henne time for the deep route to develop.

#4  Basically, the coaches just don't have enough confidence in Henne that he can "air it out" successfully.

Even with all that being stated, I wish they would let Henne, or whoever the QB in there is, air it out at least a few times a game. 4 things could happen if the Jags attempt the deep ball: an incomplete pass, an interception which means they will have to tackle, a PI call against either the def or off or a completion ( I know this is the least likely but it's still possible). 

I just think "airing it out" is fun for the fans and fun for the players and who knows, it might even open up a little running room if you somehow complete 1 or 2 of them. What have they got to lose??

This. We are 1-9 and going nowhere. At this point, why not? Why not make some lineup changes and gameplan changes? Try something different. 

Today's passing game is a combination of both. Henne and Fisch. Henne simply needs to be BENCHED. His passing was simply unbearable. He stared down the receivers, he didn't throw deep as he did when he was playing to become the starter and his perfect passes of the day were directly to the defenders... SMH...

As for Fisch, his play calling regardless of whome the personnel was, was HORRIFIC. I mean w/eleven minutes into the fourth qtr while down by ten, we're throwing laterally and hoping that receivers/backs win that battle. Why not a TE over the middle or stretch the field? Why did we continue to try to run the ball against a top five run D knowing that we were consistently being stopped?

NH3...
"AZANE"