Create Account

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Is it Henne or is it Fisch?

I think it is a little both. We all know henne isn't the answer. But Fisch's play calling isn't all that either.

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

Henne.

Seriously? OK, I would give Fisch the benefit of the doubt... Until you watch the games....Henne is average, his 70 something QB ranking reflects that, but average isn't awful it's just OK.. Gabbert  probably a bust, this isn't the big 12 anymore... But Fisch obviously will be gone. The team knows he never played football.... If you're in that locker room and your offense is dead last across the board and your OC never played football are you buying in? Do you think they respect him? It's hard to watch the offense and all the 2 yd passes....hmmmm wonder why they can't run...

http://www.engagingnews.us/feature/Jedd-Fisch.html

Byline: MARK CRAIG; STAFF WRITER Jedd Fisch is in love with, obsessed by and working bleary-eyed hours in a sport he never played. Ever. At any level. But that's OK with a guy like John Carlson, who was all-state at Litchfield High School and a two-time captain at Notre Dame and is now a tight end for the Seattle Seahawks. "You know," Carlson said, "the fact he has that love and passion without ever playing is pretty cool, I think." Of course, Carlson is biased since it was with Fisch's help that Carlson played a starring role in a game plan that helped the Seahawks upset the defending Super Bowl champion Saints 41-36 and shock …

By the way, Fisch was a tennis player at Hanover high in NJ... hilarious.. from a high school tennis player, 15 years later to OC in the NFL.....wow

Quote:Today's passing game is a combination of both. Henne and Fisch. Henne simply needs to be BENCHED. His passing was simply unbearable. He stared down the receivers, he didn't throw deep as he did when he was playing to become the starter and his perfect passes of the day were directly to the defenders... SMH...

As for Fisch, his play calling regardless of whome the personnel was, was HORRIFIC. I mean w/eleven minutes into the fourth qtr while down by ten, we're throwing laterally and hoping that receivers/backs win that battle. Why not a TE over the middle or stretch the field? Why did we continue to try to run the ball against a top five run D knowing that we were consistently being stopped?

NH3...

I think some people are giving Fisch a pass here because Dirk Koetter had some success in Atlanta.  The problem is, too many people don't realize that changing the variables changes the equation.  Just because an OC here struggled with bad QB play went on to be successful, doesn't meant that another OC that's struggling here with bad QB play will <i>also</i> go on to be successful.  

Success is dependent on the variables.  People love to say "Players, not plays"  but the truth is, the equation is closer to Plays + Players. Players have to execute, but Coaches have to gameplan properly too.  Players have more weight in the equation.  But that doesn't meant that plays aren't important too.

Jedd Fisch needs to do more to show he's the guy we want planning our offense for the next two years.  At least I think he does.  People want to give him a shot because he doesn't have much to work with.  But I'm not confident that if we gave him more to work with that we'd see much better results.  

I was wrong about Trent Baalke. 

(This post was last modified: 11-17-2013, 07:30 PM by Jungle Cat.)

Quote:All I kept saying during the Cardinals game was, "when did Henne turn into Gabbert 2.0?" How does Henne go from sucky to really, really sucky? I understand the team is really, really sucky, but this was just God awful.

And then there's the play calling - especially in the 4th quarter down by two touchdowns. When you've run for a total of 3 inches, is a run play fake really going to do anything but get under my skin?

IF the Jaguars select a new QB in the first round, Fisch has to go.

I say ditch Henne, Gabbert, and Fisch.

Tomorrow, perhaps?

Chad Heinous is supremely over-confident to the level of top-flight arrogant. Has been comparing himself to Tom Brady since he was drafted. 

Read this from a pre-draft scouting report:

Negatives: Lacks upper-body tone and does not have the ideal height you look for in a quarterback...Gets very animated making audible calls and pre-snap changes, but has just adequate judgment...Competitive, but tries to carry too much of the load and lacks the creativity to improvise...Needs to throw the ball away more, as he seems bent on forcing the ball in order to complete the play and it has resulted in several costly miscues (37 interceptions, 159 passes deflected, 20 fumbles)...Has good arm strength, but lacks a quick and explosive release...Quick to set up, but holds the ball too long and will pat it before unleashing it, lacking ideal trajectory, which has resulted in a high amount of passes getting defended on him (168-of-1,113 passes were either picked off or batted away by the opposition)...His arm strength is sometimes negated, as he takes too long to deliver the ball on deep outs...Will also underthrow when passing in the short-to-intermediate areas (better when he takes a three-step drop to throw, as he gets the ball out quicker and with better touch than when he pats the ball)...Very inconsistent on the deep-out, as he can get rattled by pressure...By holding the ball too long, he is susceptible to the costly sacks (sacked 89 times for losses of 588 yards)...Has good field smarts, making his throws into traffic befuddling...Has the strength to fire into the deep secondary, but his receivers often have to break off their routes, as he doesn't lead them well or get the ball to the outside shoulder and away from the defender...Will step up to avoid the rush, but will tuck the ball and run too early, leaving the ball exposed, resulting in a high amount of fumbles...Needs to improve his timing, especially on deep throws, as he does not hit his deep targets in stride that much (will also rush some of his throws)...Tends to get tunnel-vision and stay on his primary target too long. Must do a better job of reading route progressions and locating other targets...Needs to square his shoulders better when trying to throw downfield on the move, as he will look awkward trying to maintain balance on the run.

Compares To: JOEY HARRINGTON-Atlanta...Henne is a good mechanic with the arm strength to air it out, but he needs to do a better job of timing throws, as he tends to hold on to the ball too long. He will get "happy feet" when pressured and run too early, but he lacks good ball-security skills and that has led to 14 fumbles in 39 games. He lacks ideal trajectory on his passes, as he will short-arm often, leading to 30 interceptions and 138 other passes deflected by the opposition. Like Harrington, he is an erratic performer, who can look sensational one minute, but tries to do too much and gets caught with the ball in his hands. Any general manager daring to consider him a first-round target will soon see himself on the unemployment line. Henne has too many of Harrington's deficiencies to be considered a franchise quarterback.

-----

This 2008 scouting report is still true today, some five years later. Caldwell did not cut Henne so there's no dishing this failure off on the previous GM.

First they ignore you, then they ridicule you, then they fight you, then you win. - Mahatma Gandhi

http://s6.postimg.org/vyr2ycdfz/Teddy_Br...cked_4.gif

The play calling is horrible. I understand taking what the defense gives you, but the 2 yard passes on 3rd and 8+ amaze me. We take almost no shots down the field and that allows the defenses to press the line. Hemnne and the line are not setting the league on fire....but the play calling is worse than it has ever been...and that is really bad!!

Quote:uhh... what?  

I don't think Fisch has shown anything that makes me think he's a good choice to coach this offense.  Especially with a young Quarterback likely coming in next year.  What would be worse for whatever QB we get is for Fisch to stay an extra year, then get fired.  Because then our QB would be going thorugh two OC's in two years.  
What do you mean what? Read your second paragraph. He's hamstrung with the same stuff at QB that Caldwell is. Fisch's offense did not look like this at Miami.

TravC59, aka JacksJags. @TravC59 on Twitter
;
; "This is really good, you want a bite, Honey?"

(This post was last modified: 11-17-2013, 07:47 PM by TravC59.)

The cop out answer is "Both".

The right answer is Henne/QB's on roster.

TravC59, aka JacksJags. @TravC59 on Twitter
;
; "This is really good, you want a bite, Honey?"

Quote: 

Jedd Fisch needs to do more to show he's the guy we want planning our offense for the next two years.  At least I think he does.  People want to give him a shot because he doesn't have much to work with.  But I'm not confident that if we gave him more to work with that we'd see much better results.  

Fisch needs to be fired. This is the NFL. You have to run the football to win. He lacks so much in terms of play-calling ability that it's not worth the time to discuss it.

If Bradley lashes himself to Fisch, Gus can hit the door, too.

First they ignore you, then they ridicule you, then they fight you, then you win. - Mahatma Gandhi

Quote:What do you mean what? Read your second paragraph. He's hamstrung with the same stuff at QB that Caldwell is. Fisch's offense did not look like this at Miami.

wrote my second paragraph, and nowhere do I mention Caldwell, or that Gus is hamstrung by his QB.  I said that he was limited in his choices for OC because of the bad QB's.  Not that Gus or Caldwell isn't getting more from this team because of their QB.  

I think its both. The playcalling was what I would expect with a QB that has a real problem with batted balls. The screens worked in the first quarter and then the Cardinals figured it out. Without any threat of running the ball at all, its just impossible to ask Henne to try to win us a game because he simply cannot throw the ball over the middle consistently. 

Season Ticket Holder - Sec 437

Quote:The cop out answer is "Both".

The right answer is Henne/QB's on roster.

The cop out answer is "Henne"

The right answer is both.  

Show me where Fisch has shown that he's worth keeping around.  And please show me in the NFL, not college.  I'll be waiting, but I don't expect anybody to show anything.

Quote:I think some people are giving Fisch a pass here because Dirk Koetter had some success in Atlanta.  The problem is, too many people don't realize that changing the variables changes the equation.  Just because an OC here struggled with bad QB play went on to be successful, doesn't meant that another OC that's struggling here with bad QB play will also go on to be successful.  

Success is dependent on the variables.  People love to say "Players, not plays"  but the truth is, the equation is closer to Plays + Players. Players have to execute, but Coaches have to gameplan properly too.  Players have more weight in the equation.  But that doesn't meant that plays aren't important too.

Plays + Players = Proper Equasion...

Fisch has the receivers to work/w. The OL has surprisingly progressed. The issues are on play calling that is being dampened by the QB play... If you don't trust your QB to throw down the field then sit him down and play Stanzi...

NH3...
"AZANE"

Quote:What do you mean what? Read your second paragraph. He's hamstrung with the same stuff at QB that Caldwell is. Fisch's offense did not look like this at Miami.
Who cares what the Hurricanes' offense looked like? Not David Caldwell, for sure.

Miami Hurricanes 2012 Offensive Ranks

Yards per game - 37th

Passing yards per game - 25th

Rushing yards per game - 85th

Points per game - 49th

Points total - 58th

Net Yards, total - 52nd

Passing yards, total - 33rd

Rushing yards, total - 89th

Miami Hurricanes 2011 Offensive Ranks

Yards per game - 70th

Passing Yards Per Game - 63rd

Rushing Yards Per Game - 71st

Points Per Game - 63rd

Net Yards, Total - 81st

Passing Yards, Total - 73rd

Rushing Yards, Total - 120th

Of course, some of us actually looked at the track record Fisch had at Miami and knew right away that he was NOT going to make it here. We weren't being negative as some suggested.

Oh well????

Stanzi must really stink up the place in practice! All we hear is he has not earned playing time. After watching Gabbert and Henne...Stanzi must not even show for practice!! I find it impossible to believe he could give us worse QB play than we have seen this season so far!

lame is good in practice and goes to pieces in a game, when LB's are trying to take his head

"Stay tight, stay close. Great things are going to continue to happen for this football team."  - Doug Peterson

Quote:Stanzi must really stink up the place in practice! All we hear is he has not earned playing time. After watching Gabbert and Henne...Stanzi must not even show for practice!! I find it impossible to believe he could give us worse QB play than we have seen this season so far!

I think he slept with a coach's wife. 

The way Henne keeps fooling people onto thinking he's not terrible is amazing.

Henne