Create Account

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Is it Henne or is it Fisch?

I think we need to pound the rock regardless of down and distance. Worse case scenario the games end quicker.

"I just know we need to win." - Coach Jack Del Rio

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

Give Fisch a chance with a real QB. I like his high tempo offense. When you don't have the players to execute that, you are bound to fail.

Fisch is a genius

Quote:This feels over the line. Judges?

"We'll allow it."

It is a lack of Blackmon, lack of a tight end, and a little Fisch.

Henne is "ok" given protection(as are most QB's despite fans thinking there are huge differences in middle of the pack QB's. Harass any of them and it causes most trouble.). Henne  looks a WHOLE LOT BETTER with a star receiver in there. It would also help to have a star TE that didn't just block.

Henne isnt great, he is below average probably, but  Henne is not God awful and with a star TE and Star Receiver he might be servicable. His throws are tight, fast,, but he isn't throwing to men getting separation in the middle of the field.

The reality is you have an average QB, no stud reciever, no stud TE, no RB who can catch like Faulk,  mix that with the coaches who tighten up super conservative, and a shuffled O line,  and it's a perfect storm for shutting down the passing game.

Its a team, TEAM, and when something gets totally shut down in the second half, it's multiple failures.

Quote:Give Fisch a chance with a real QB. I like his high tempo offense. When you don't have the players to execute that, you are bound to fail.
WUT?

First they ignore you, then they ridicule you, then they fight you, then you win. - Mahatma Gandhi

http://s6.postimg.org/vyr2ycdfz/Teddy_Br...cked_4.gif

Quote:Maybe Gabbert as well. 

Maybe Gabbert? Gabbert was gone from the moment he lost the starting job to Henne, I'm thinking. Henne may still be fighting for a spot on the roster next year in case our drafted QB can't start immediately (and as a backup) but it's a fight he's probably losing.

Quote:All I kept saying during the Cardinals game was, "when did Henne turn into Gabbert 2.0?" How does Henne go from sucky to really, really sucky? I understand the team is really, really sucky, but this was just God awful.

And then there's the play calling - especially in the 4th quarter down by two touchdowns. When you've run for a total of 3 inches, is a run play fake really going to do anything but get under my skin?

IF the Jaguars select a new QB in the first round, Fisch has to go.

I say ditch Henne, Gabbert, and Fisch.

Tomorrow, perhaps?

It's not Henne.  It's not Fisch.   It's Rackley, Meester, and Uche.   And it's Justin Blackmon getting suspended. 

"Is it Henne or is it Fisch?"  

People always want simple answers.   They want to know which is the one guy to blame.   Who can they make the scapegoat.   There is never one single answer.   It's a lot of things.  

Lets go back to tape last year.   Henne aired it out many times.   How did that work?

Bleeding Teal since 1995. The Icon Teal Time Radio aka ctjags

#Gojags

My worst fear realized is that we draft Bridgwater (or whoever) and that QB is being coached by our current OC.  (shivers)

Quote: 

Maybe Gabbert? Gabbert was gone from the moment he lost the starting job to Henne, I'm thinking. Henne may still be fighting for a spot on the roster next year in case our drafted QB can't start immediately (and as a backup) but it's a fight he's probably losing.

Signing Henne again makes absolutely no sense. Even if he's willing to work for the league minimum the team would be better off bringing in undrafted guys and seeing if they can find a Romo or Keenum. Someone that isn't afraid to make plays.

I'd rather see Gabbert throwing deep interceptions than another year of checkdown Chad. How does QB end up with 6YPA after having (a short pass go for) a 62 yard TD?

Quote:Signing Henne again makes absolutely no sense. Even if he's willing to work for the league minimum the team would be better off bringing in undrafted guys and seeing if they can find a Romo or Keenum. Someone that isn't afraid to make plays.

I'd rather see Gabbert throwing deep interceptions than another year of checkdown Chad. How does QB end up with 6YPA after having (a short pass go for) a 62 yard TD?

When you don't have time to throw, there is a tendency to start looking first for the checkdown.   All these checkdown throws are as much the fault of the offensive line as anything else. 

It seems like people can't look beyond  the quarterback when they're analyzing  things.   Football is not that  simple.  But it seems like a lot of people can only follow the ball.   They blame the runner, they blame the passer, and they fail to look at all 11 guys executing the play.   

The main problem with this team isn't the quarterback, or the offensive coordinator, or the coach, or the running backs.   It's the overall talent level, particularly on the offensive line.  

Quote:When you don't have time to throw, there is a tendency to start looking first for the checkdown.   All these checkdown throws are as much the fault of the offensive line as anything else. 

It seems like people can't look beyond  the quarterback when they're analyzing  things.   Football is not that  simple.  But it seems like a lot of people can only follow the ball.   They blame the runner, they blame the passer, and they fail to look at all 11 guys executing the play.   

The main problem with this team isn't the quarterback, or the offensive coordinator, or the coach, or the running backs.   It's the overall talent level, particularly on the offensive line.  

That still doesn't mean Henne should be here next year. He's awful, and I don't even want to watch the game when I know he's the guy starting. I can't take another year of that crap. Gabbert's bad, too, but at least he was young. Resigning a checkdown machine that's close to 30 makes no sense. Go young.

Quote:That still doesn't mean Henne should be here next year. He's awful, and I don't even want to watch the game when I know he's the guy starting. I can't take another year of that crap. Gabbert's bad, too, but at least he was young. Resigning a checkdown machine that's close to 30 makes no sense. Go young.

They will.

(This post was last modified: 11-18-2013, 11:02 AM by iapetus.)

Quote:Signing Henne again makes absolutely no sense. Even if he's willing to work for the league minimum the team would be better off bringing in undrafted guys and seeing if they can find a Romo or Keenum. Someone that isn't afraid to make plays.

Sounds like exactly what we were saying about Gabbert last season...

The long and short of it is that neither QB has shown they're good enough to start - in fact they've both shown the opposite repeatedly. Gabbert being younger and having had fewer chances, it seemed like there was a chance he'd be able to step up and take the starting job (or at least compete for it) but once he lost the starting job to Henne this year it was clear that the coaches have decided that's not going to happen.

But I suspect there's still going to be a desire to have a (cheap) veteran to be the default starter so we don't have to throw our young QB of the future right in at the deep end. Of course, that was the plan with Gabbert too, and those of us with functioning memories remember how well that worked out...

tbh, I'd like to see a new OC next year, and ideally a good backup signed in free agency as well as maybe a backup option in the draft unless there's a can't miss player, and you feel confident in your QB.

People defending Fisch seem to only stand on the fact that he doesn't have a Quarterback.  The fact is our OC last year got more out of Henne (granted we did have Blackmon then, but even with Blackmon, Henne hasn't been lighting it up)

I think Fisch was a questionable choice to begin with (much like I did Mularkey, though I'm not using that as 'proof' that I'm good at picking out coaches, but rather comparing one year scenarios).  I think if this team wins less than 3 games, someone's going to be fired.  It won't be Gus or Dave.  I think Fisch is the obvious answer.  He's never stuck around in one place for long anyway.  I wish him all the luck back in the college ranks.  But I'd love to see a competent OC to build an offense around a young Quarterback (whoever it might be.)

I was wrong about Trent Baalke. 

Quote:That still doesn't mean Henne should be here next year. He's awful, and I don't even want to watch the game when I know he's the guy starting. I can't take another year of that crap. Gabbert's bad, too, but at least he was young. Resigning a checkdown machine that's close to 30 makes no sense. Go young.

If I were Chad Henne, and I was getting limited time to throw, and Cecil Shorts was being covered by Patrick Peterson, Cecil Shorts would not be my first option.   In those circumstances, I think I would be looking checkdown, checkdown, checkdown.  

I'm  not saying that's the right thing to do, or the right way to play, but it's at least an understandable tendency, in those circumstances.  

Quote:"We'll allow it."

Should be disqualified because Terry Bradshaw.

“An empty vessel makes the loudest sound, so they that have the least wit are the greatest babblers.”. - Plato

Quote:I think Fisch has no confidence in either Henne or Gabbert, and game plans accordingly. I've seen nothing that makes me fault him for that.
This ^

One thing i noticed after watching last nights Denver game is almost all thier reciever routes cross. I cant rember seeing any of our routes cross and if they do it is very rarely. The rub you can get off crossing routes is way Manning always has someone open most the time. Alot of teams use crossing routes to the same effect i just dont remember seeing many in our play calling. I think Fisch needs to sit in the film roomo and watch all those indy tapes we have and learn how to design professianl football plays not college.