Create Account

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Back from Los Angeles - USC

Thats a heckuva long flight to do back to back days.  Flew out yesterday morning.  Got back today.  Ugh!  Anyways did all the family stuff I needed to take care of and then went to the USC-Stanford game.  

Has anyone here been to a game at USC?  I have to admit I was highly impressed with the pre-game atmosphere/tailgating.  Those people got out there pretty early and it was PACKED.  This was no late arriving Dodgers crowd.  These people did it right.  There was one big square where all the students were at.  And then all throughout campus were big tents that had really nice looking, a little classier tailgates that were for big donors I assume.  I just grabbed a bite to eat at the student center which actually had really good food.  Had a California Pizza Kitchen that made pretty big pizzas for $6.50.  

USC's campus is lets just say about 6 blocks by 6 blocks in the middle of the hood... and not too far from LA Live/Staples Center.  Just south of campus is the history museum and the Coliseum.  So I parked on the north end of campus, walked through campus and then down past the museum to the Coliseum.  Walked into the old arena next door where the Lakers used to play a LONG time ago before they moved out to the Forum and then more recently to Staples.  All around the Coliseum was big parking lots with even more tailgates.  I just couldnt believe how many people were out there.  Looked like the kind of tailgating you see down here in the South.

The Coliseum itself is cool.  Theyve got all the memorials to the Olympic game that had been played there.  Theyve actually got a huge stone from both the real Colosseum in Rome and the Olympia in Greece.  That was cool.

And the atmosphere itself was really cool.  Ive always kinda digged the USC fight song.  The pre-game intro as the Trojans took the field was arguably the best intro Ive heard.  And some of the different chants USC fans did I thought was cool.  If you are a college football fan, its definitely worth it to see a game there.  I imagine if it wasnt such a big game(and it was homecoming) then the atmosphere could be lacking.  So try to go for a big game.

And who can go to USC and not talk about the song girls.  Always thought the white sweaters were the best cheerleading outfits.  And they did not disappoint.  Girls are even prettier in person.  And one thing I never knew but a ton of girls who are there just attending the game also dress up in the song girls white sweaters.  Although bless the heart of a few of them, some of those ladies shouldnt have been donning the uniform!

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!