Create Account

Board Performance Issues We are aware of performance issues on the board and are working to resolve them! The board may be intermittently unavailable during this time. (May 07) x

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Jaguar 1st & 2nd Round Draft Picks

Quote:Brian DeMarco was NOT a big hit. He was just big.

I want Clowney and McCarron. I want my QB from a big time program who's played big in big games and I want a DE who will destroy the other guy.

Not a bad option. Not a bad option at all. I thought DeMarco was pretty decent on the line till he hurt his back.

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

Quote:Brian DeMarco was NOT a big hit. He was just big.

I want Clowney and McCarron. I want my QB from a big time program who's played big in big games and I want a DE who will destroy the other guy.
Do me a favor. Go look at all the starting QB's and where they went to college. You will find "big name schools" like Boston College, Purdue, Deleware, Vanderbilt, Utah, Cal, Miami (OH), NC State (they have 2)... list goes on.

McCarron is a game manager. He has played and won in big games but was he the reason they won? or is Alabama so stacked that anyone can win there? McElroy was a guy who played in big games... how's he doin? Same with Leinart and Young.

Quote:Do me a favor. Go look at all the starting QB's and where they went to college. You will find "big name schools" like Boston College, Purdue, Deleware, Vanderbilt, Utah, Cal, Miami (OH), NC State (they have 2)... list goes on.

Kind of a weak argument, you could easily argue the opposite and make the same point you just made.  I'm indifferent, just give me someone who can play.

you missed a big hit in the 98 draft double D was taken first round 25th pick

<a class="bbc_url" href='http://sprtshumor.lockerdome.com/media/110622182'>http://sprtshumor.lockerdome.com/media/110622182</a><p><a class="bbc_url" href='http://remotecontrol.mtv.com//wp-content/uploads/rc/2013/08/Justin6.gif'>http://remotecontrol.mtv.com//wp-content/uploads/rc/2013/08/Justin6.gif</a>

Quote:you missed a big hit in the 98 draft double D was taken first round 25th pick

Your absolutely right.....had him on my memo sheet and didn't transfer it. We had 2 #1 draft picks......that was the year we got Freddie T. Can't believe I missed him.....I served him prime rib 3 different times.

the Shack Harris and GS drafts look horrible...because they are! It will take years to fix all that they ruined.  Matt (coke zero) Jones has to be in the top 10 of worst #1 picks in the history of the NFL. When you look at that list there is lots of 3rd round talent we drafted in the first round!

Quote: the Shack Harris and GS drafts look horrible...because they are! It will take years to fix all that they ruined.  Matt (coke zero) Jones has to be in the top 10 of worst #1 picks in the history of the NFL. When you look at that list there is lots of 3rd round talent we drafted in the first round!

Jones sucked, but at least he put up some mediocre numbers for a few years. There are many 1st rounders who did absolutely NOTHING for their whole career. So I wouldnt say he was one of the worst picks ever.

Quote:Jones sucked, but at least he put up some mediocre numbers for a few years. There are many 1st rounders who did absolutely NOTHING for their whole career. So I wouldnt say he was one of the worst picks ever.
RJ Soward is worse than Matt Jones

Quote:2014: (Rd1) Manzeil    (Rd2) Murray

I don't know if I could handle another 4-5 years of 3 win seasons.

(This post was last modified: 11-15-2013, 01:17 PM by Jaguar Warrior.)

Quote: the Shack Harris and GS drafts look horrible...because they are! It will take years to fix all that they ruined.  Matt (coke zero) Jones has to be in the top 10 of worst #1 picks in the history of the NFL. When you look at that list there is lots of 3rd round talent we drafted in the first round!

Matt Jones actually put up some stats his first couple seasons. Reggie Williams also had a couple productive season. RJ Soward, Gabbert, Derrick Harvey dear god, Reggie Nelson. All in my opinion worse than Matt Jones.

Quote:12'. J. Blackmon (?). A. Branch. 2-14

* denotes "Big Hit"
.? denotes TOO MANY "ONE HITS"

FIXED

Quote:Do me a favor. Go look at all the starting QB's and where they went to college. You will find "big name schools" like Boston College, Purdue, Deleware, Vanderbilt, Utah, Cal, Miami (OH), NC State (they have 2)... list goes on.

McCarron is a game manager. He has played and won in big games but was he the reason they won? or is Alabama so stacked that anyone can win there? McElroy was a guy who played in big games... how's he doin? Same with Leinart and Young.

I think McCarron is going to end up the "most pro ready" of all the QBs coming out this year. TB has competition issues, Mariotta plays in a gimmick offense, Johnny Football is a Smurf, Hundley and Metts haven't done anything, and Winston isn't eligible. Don't get me wrong, I won't be upset if they go QB number 1...I just think Clowney represents the greater scarcity in this class because the top 5 qbs are closer than the top 5 pass rushers.

“An empty vessel makes the loudest sound, so they that have the least wit are the greatest babblers.”. - Plato

Quote:Matt Jones actually put up some stats his first couple seasons. Reggie Williams also had a couple productive season. RJ Soward, Gabbert, Derrick Harvey dear god, Reggie Nelson. All in my opinion worse than Matt Jones.

Reggie Nelson is still in the league and starts on a very good team/defense.  It isn't his fault the last GM traded him for David "I give up 150 yrds every game" Jones.

I disagree in some of your big hits. Justin Durant? Come on. I want you to be my teacher who grade my math.

Quote:Reggie Nelson is still in the league and starts on a very good team/defense.  It isn't his fault the last GM traded him for David "I give up 150 yrds every game" Jones.

It is his fault that he's a terrible, terrible player though.

“An empty vessel makes the loudest sound, so they that have the least wit are the greatest babblers.”. - Plato

Quote:Matt Jones actually put up some stats his first couple seasons. Reggie Williams also had a couple productive season. RJ Soward, Gabbert, Derrick Harvey dear god, Reggie Nelson. All in my opinion worse than Matt Jones.
Matt's last season was his best. 65 grabs for 761 yards in only 12 games.  Not bad -  but maybe not first round material.   He may have put up much better numbers if he had someone opposite him better than Northcutt that year.  He looked like he finally figured something out about playing WR that year.   I think he was actually headed in the right direction after the bust.  

Quote:It is his fault that he's a terrible, terrible player though.

Terrible terrible player?  Playing in his 8th NFL season?  Starting on a pretty darn good team.  Bengals don't seem to think he is a terrible terrible player.  David Jones was a terrible terrible player.  Who is he playing for?

Quote:Terrible terrible player?  Playing in his 8th NFL season?  Starting on a pretty darn good team.  Bengals don't seem to think he is a terrible terrible player.  David Jones was a terrible terrible player.  Who is he playing for

Yes, gawd awful terrible. Horrible. The "Eraser", what a joke. All he erased were Jaguars leads with his garbage in the back field.

Quote:Yes, gawd awful terrible. Horrible. The "Eraser", what a joke. All he erased were Jaguars leads with his garbage in the back field.

Better than Don Carey and David Jones.  Talk about GOD AWFUL

Quote:I disagree in some of your big hits. Justin Durant? Come on. I want you to be my teacher who grade my math.

You may be right....my girlfriend gave me a tee shirt.....it says.......I'm Easier Than Junior College.....hmmmmm.......I wonder what that's supposed to mean?