Create Account

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Trent Murphy SI article

If this has already been posted, I apologize.  But I know a few folks on here are a big fan of his.  With his size, agility, and production, seems hard to believe he would fall to the 2nd round.

http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/college...-cardinal/

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

I pray he falls to the second round..

Too bad he will be a top12 pick. He'd be a nice selection top of the second.

Your beliefs become your thoughts,
Your thoughts become your words,
Your words become your actions,
Your actions become your habits,
Your habits become your values,
Your values become your destiny.

Quote:Too bad he will be a top12 pick. He'd be a nice selection top of the second.

No way he goes top 12. Top 28 maybe.

TEST

My best guess is he will be asked to work out at DE at the Combine.

He's too light for DE and heavy for OLB. 

Stay away from tweeners. 

First they ignore you, then they ridicule you, then they fight you, then you win. - Mahatma Gandhi

http://s6.postimg.org/vyr2ycdfz/Teddy_Br...cked_4.gif

Quote:My best guess is he will be asked to work out at DE at the Combine.

He's too light for DE and heavy for OLB. 

Stay away from tweeners. 
Unless of course you play a hybrid defense.

...in which we do...

Too light?  he is over 260 pounds.  which is big enough as is.... but just wait until he gets some professional grade "strength enhancers" and he'll be 270 easy.

we've been burned by tweeners before but they were all 6'2 240 ish.  This kid is 6'6 260+  thats almost ideal.

Currently, most of the services have Murphy as a late round 1 guy.  If he slips to round 2, he would be a nice choice there.  He is not too small to play DE.

I'd like him or the LDE role but not the LEO spot.

If he falls to our pick in the second, it's a no brainer. I doubt it, he is there so I will take a guard/center instead. The young man would be an upgrade to Branch ten fold.

LOVE THEM JAGUARS!

Quote:I'd like him or the LDE role but not the LEO spot.
I doubt he'd ever bulk up enough to play our LDE spot, he fits much better as a LEO

He's not a LEO though. Slow and can't bend the edge. It'd be like drafting a slower, harder-working version of Branch.