Create Account

Board Performance Issues We are aware of performance issues on the board and are working to resolve them! The board may be intermittently unavailable during this time. (May 07) x

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Don't Look Now But.........

Quote:Personally I think there are a couple QBs in the draft that will do just as well as Bridgewater in the NFL.

I think McCarron is highly under rated and if he is available in a later round like 4 I would love the Jags to pull a Redskins and take a QB high and a backup plan like McCarron or Murray later, if available.

Wouldn't be a bad idea but we have sooooooo many holes to fill. If someone fell and Caldwell had him rated really high......I could see it.

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

Quote:If we pick 3rd overall somehow we could nab Anthony Barr for the LEO and nab a guy like Mettenberger, Hundley, Boyd in round 2.

I think we're still in line for #1 or #2 overall, and TB, imo, won't go QB so Caldwell will have his choice of whoever he wants. 

I think he'll make the right choices for this team

Ya know.....the more I think about it.....I think Bradley & Caldwell go this route if they don't get the top pick. Yes. Definitely can see this.

Quote:Which ones?
I think Mettenberger, McCarron and Murray, Manziel, Hundley  in my opinion, can all be very good NFL QBs. I think the draft is stacked with QBs. Not saying Bridgewater won't be great or the best, mind you. I don't pretend to KNOW the future.

Quote:Those Alabama QB's sure do well in the pros.....
McCarron is far above JP Wilson, McElroy, Brodie Croyle.... the kid is good. Comp % of 69.4 a YPA (TMDs favorite stat) of 8.9, against SOME of THE best defenses in college football.

Quote:No, we will just inform the misinformed poster of our opinion. The right opinion.
The right opinion? Typical message board crap there. Misinformed on what, exactly?

Let's be clear. I didn't say Bridgewater sucks. What I said was I think there are some QBs coming out that will be or can be just as good as him in the NFL. I realize the Teddy Nuthuggers don't agree and that is fine. He may very well be the best QB of the group and he may very well be a Jaguar. Which I'm fine with. But don't act like in this coming draft it is Bridgewater and then everyone else.

But every year there are QBs that slip through the cracks. Whether it be their size or their college that scares GMs off. I watch A LOT of college games. Not just SEC, I watch the Pac12, the big 10, ACC, Division 1... i watch the whole game, not just the highlights. 

Yes Bridgewater throwing all over the likes of the AAC is fine and dandy. But Bridgewater plays a really soft schedule and isn't putting up the #s to have him considered for the Heisman. He lost to UCF. Their defense in Louisville is a big reason they are running teams into the ground. 

Meanwhile guys like McCarron, Mettenberger, Murray, have to play tough teams with tough defenses. Can make the throws that Bridgewater does and are more what I consider "battle tested"

Bridgewater is by no means far and away better than every other QB in the draft. Sorry. Flame away message board GMs. We'll see what Caldwell does in April and I won't be on here complaining about a Bridgewater @ #1 or #2 overall. But I will surely be watching when and where the other QBs go and how well they do in their first 2-4 years at QB as well.

[Image: popcorn-reaction-gifs.gif]

Quote:I think Mettenberger, McCarron and Murray, Manziel, Hundley  in my opinion, can all be very good NFL QBs. I think the draft is stacked with QBs. Not saying Bridgewater won't be great or the best, mind you. I don't pretend to KNOW the future.

McCarron is far above JP Wilson, McElroy, Brodie Croyle.... the kid is good. Comp % of 69.4 a YPA (TMDs favorite stat) of 8.9, against SOME of THE best defenses in college football.

The right opinion? Typical message board crap there. Misinformed on what, exactly?

Let's be clear. I didn't say Bridgewater sucks. What I said was I think there are some QBs coming out that will be or can be just as good as him in the NFL. I realize the Teddy Nuthuggers don't agree and that is fine. He may very well be the best QB of the group and he may very well be a Jaguar. Which I'm fine with. But don't act like in this coming draft it is Bridgewater and then everyone else.

But every year there are QBs that slip through the cracks. Whether it be their size or their college that scares GMs off. I watch A LOT of college games. Not just SEC, I watch the Pac12, the big 10, ACC, Division 1... i watch the whole game, not just the highlights. 

Yes Bridgewater throwing all over the likes of the AAC is fine and dandy. But Bridgewater plays a really soft schedule and isn't putting up the #s to have him considered for the Heisman. He lost to UCF. Their defense in Louisville is a big reason they are running teams into the ground. 

Meanwhile guys like McCarron, Mettenberger, Murray, have to play tough teams with tough defenses. Can make the throws that Bridgewater does and are more what I consider "battle tested"

Bridgewater is by no means far and away better than every other QB in the draft. Sorry. Flame away message board GMs. We'll see what Caldwell does in April and I won't be on here complaining about a Bridgewater @ #1 or #2 overall. But I will surely be watching when and where the other QBs go and how well they do in their first 2-4 years at QB as well.
I highly doubt McCarron will play in his first 2-4 years. If he gets drafted 2nd round or higher i will be shocked.

Quote:I highly doubt McCarron will play in his first 2-4 years. If he gets drafted 2nd round or higher i will be shocked.
I don't think he will be drafted in round 1 or 2. And I suggested grabbing him in the 4th if he is still available. However, Brodie freakin Croyle was drafted in the 3rd. McCarron is way better than he was. 

My whole point is, I won't be mad if Caldwell waits til round 2 to grab a QB. I trust those in position to know more than me. 

And let's face it... Bridgewater, Mettenberger, Manziel... no matter who we end up getting, our QB situation is going to be much better going forward.

Quote:I don't think he will be drafted in round 1 or 2. And I suggested grabbing him in the 4th if he is still available. However, Brodie freakin Croyle was drafted in the 3rd. McCarron is way better than he was.

My whole point is, I won't be mad if Caldwell waits til round 2 to grab a QB. I trust those in position to know more than me.

And let's face it... Bridgewater, Mettenberger, Manziel... no matter who we end up getting, our QB situation is going to be much better going forward.
Well that last part is absolutely true.

I just don't want McCarron... he's a product of Alabama always being loaded. If he was on Arkansas you would never hear of him.

Dammmmmit.......I had Houston beating Oakland at home.....they have a good shot at the top draft pick.......and I believe they may go quarterback in the first

Quote:Dammmmmit.......I had Houston beating Oakland at home.....they have a good shot at the top draft pick.......and I believe they may go quarterback in the first

Houston still faces us twice.

I was wrong about Trent Baalke.