Create Account

Board Performance Issues We are aware of performance issues on the board and are working to resolve them! The board may be intermittently unavailable during this time. (May 07) x

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Don't Look Now But.........

Quote:I would actually rather have the second pick... A half price Manzeil is 2x as good as a whole cost Bridgewater

Huh? The first pick gets like 1 million more.

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

I don't care that much about getting the #1 pick.  

Getting the #1 pick would mean we are a really lousy team, a long way from the playoffs. 

Winning some games down the stretch would mean we are not as far away as I thought we were.   It would also mean that maybe we do have the right coaching staff.  

A lot of people want this or that one single guy who can turn things around for us.  But what we really need is just better personnel management on all levels than we've had the last few years.  

(This post was last modified: 11-12-2013, 09:29 AM by Bullseye.)

Quote:.....we have lots of other competition for the #1 pick.

Tampa 1-8.......plays ATL, DET, CARO, BUF, SF, STL, NO

ATL 2-7..........plays TAMPA, NO, BUF, GB, WASH, SF, CAR

MINN. 2-7......plays SEA, GB, CHI, BALT, PHI, CIN, DET

HOU. 2-7.......plays OAK, JAX, NE, JAX, INDY, DEN, TENN

BUF. 3-7.......plays NYJ, ATL, TAMPA, JAX, MIA, NE

PITT. 3-6.......plays DET, CLE, BALT, MIA, CIN, GB, CLE

OAK. 3-6......plays HOU, TEN, DAL, NYJ, KC, SD, DEN

WASH. 3-6...plays PHI, SF, NYG, KC, ATL, DAL, NYG

NYG 3-6....,plays GB, DAL, WASH, SD, SEA, DET, WASH

JAGs 1-8....play ARI, HOU, CLE, HOU, BUF, TEN, INDY

I think we may have 2 more wins left in us.....maybe even 3 if we get lucky (or unlucky). If I was a bettin' man....and I ain't.....I'd say we're a top 3 pick. Who do you think our biggest competition is after Tampa?
If we have to lose out to any team for the number one pick, it should be Atlanta...or maybe Buffalo.

Atlanta already has their QB*** and need DE and OT.  Plus, Caldwell just came from there, so maybe if any team is going to "look out" for us, maybe Atlanta might.

Buffalo just drafted EJ Manuel this year and he's performed pretty well.

Pittsburgh and the Giants both have good to great QBs, but both are in their 30s.  If they wound up with the number one pick, it could go either way.  Both could take the young QB to groom behind the great QBs, or they could go more immediate needs. 

Washington's pick actually goes to St. Louis.  They are loaded at DE, but need a QB.  Between these teams, St. Louis is the last team we want to get the top overall pick if we want Bridgewater.

***-credit to Ninja117 for bringing this to mind.

Worst to 1st.  Curse Reversed!

Quote:If the Bucs have the first pick, it's still a problem. If they don't go QB they'll trade to the highest bidder.
True.

TravC59, aka JacksJags. @TravC59 on Twitter
;
; "This is really good, you want a bite, Honey?"

The Vikings are a good home team. I see them winning a few of their remaining games

Quote:I would actually rather have the second pick... A half price Manzeil is 2x as good as a whole cost Bridgewater

Who is Manzeil?

Quote:.....we have lots of other competition for the #1 pick.

Tampa 1-8.......plays ATL, DET, CARO, BUF, SF, STL, NO

ATL 2-7..........plays TAMPA, NO, BUF, GB, WASH, SF, CAR

MINN. 2-7......plays SEA, GB, CHI, BALT, PHI, CIN, DET

HOU. 2-7.......plays OAK, JAX, NE, JAX, INDY, DEN, TENN

BUF. 3-7.......plays NYJ, ATL, TAMPA, JAX, MIA, NE

PITT. 3-6.......plays DET, CLE, BALT, MIA, CIN, GB, CLE

OAK. 3-6......plays HOU, TEN, DAL, NYJ, KC, SD, DEN

WASH. 3-6...plays PHI, SF, NYG, KC, ATL, DAL, NYG

NYG 3-6....,plays GB, DAL, WASH, SD, SEA, DET, WASH

JAGs 1-8....play ARI, HOU, CLE, HOU, BUF, TEN, INDY

I think we may have 2 more wins left in us.....maybe even 3 if we get lucky (or unlucky). If I was a bettin' man....and I ain't.....I'd say we're a top 3 pick. Who do you think our biggest competition is after Tampa?

I find it odd how it almost seems that Gus Bradley is bragging about beating the 4-4 titans without locker.  I see your post and figure you wonder what is the point of winning this late in the game a handful of games pushing us further down the top draft pick.  I am however wondering if the Jaguars can even pull off another win let alone 3.

In the words of Vic Ketchman

I wouldnt worry about that

Quote:I find it odd how it almost seems that Gus Bradley is bragging about beating the 4-4 titans without locker. 

I find it odd that you find that odd

Quote:I don't care that much about getting the #1 pick.

Getting the #1 pick would mean we are a really lousy team, a long way from the playoffs.

Winning some games down the stretch would mean we are not as far away as I thought we were. It would also mean that maybe we do have the right coaching staff.

A lot of people want this or that one single guy who can turn things around for us. But what we really need is just better personnel management on all levels than we've had the last few years.

Not really. It just shows our qb play is absolutely horrendous. Good qbs hide team deficiencies.

Winning some games down the stretch would mean we are not as far away as I thought we were.   It would also mean that maybe we do have the right coaching staff.  

A lot of people want this or that one single guy who can turn things around for us.  But what we really need is just better personnel management on all levels than we've had the last few years.  
Lololololololol.

Quote:I think Bridgewater at 3 is better value than Mack at 3, yes.

<div> 
LOLOLOLOLOLOLOL. Clown.
</div>

Quote:I find it odd how it almost seems that Gus Bradley is bragging about beating the 4-4 titans without locker. I see your post and figure you wonder what is the point of winning this late in the game a handful of games pushing us further down the top draft pick. I am however wondering if the Jaguars can even pull off another win let alone 3.

In the words of Vic Ketchman

I wouldnt worry about that
You want him to tell his team this is a pointless win that there effort means jack

Particularly considering our young d who got spanked by the niners toughed up and dragged us to the win

from Wembley to that is transformation I would brag about

Still I agree nothing to get excited about til it happens regularly

If we win any, it will be against ARI

We will never be good going by your logic. You still are not getting why the first pick is so important. We win two or three meaningless games it just shows we are a below average team. Still one of the worst. Also miss out probably on two QB. WE NEED A QB. We will never win without one. Never. Every year it will be the same story just like it has been since 2007. I'm tired of losing I'll suffer this year to get to the promise land. You can't suffer and want to see a few wins to boost your moral.

Team sucks and they barley got a win, everything went our way this week. By your logic we are a few players away from competing, just a draft and a FA class. Sound familiar...cough.....gene......cough.......

Quote:Sound familiar...cough.....gene......cough.......
And exactly what does ..cough...cough...Gene have to do with cough...cough...David Caldwell? Gene...cough..cough..drafted a QB too. His name is cough..cough Blaine Gabbert. It's not about cough...cough..where you draft but HOW you draft.

Cough...cough...cough...
[Image: IMG-1452.jpg]

(This post was last modified: 11-12-2013, 10:58 AM by Jagsrockmysox25.)

Quote:And exactly what does ..cough...cough...Gene have to do with cough...cough...David Caldwell? Gene...cough..cough..drafted a QB too. His name is cough..cough Blaine Gabbert. It's not about cough...cough..where you draft but HOW you draft.

Cough...cough...cough...
Sure. That was not my point though. And if we had top pick much different than trading up for gabbert.

Quote:We will never be good going by your logic. You still are not getting why the first pick is so important. We win two or three meaningless games it just shows we are a below average team. Still one of the worst. Also miss out probably on two QB. WE NEED A QB. We will never win without one. Never. Every year it will be the same story just like it has been since 2007. I'm tired of losing I'll suffer this year to get to the promise land. You can't suffer and want to see a few wins to boost your moral.

Team sucks and they barley got a win, everything went our way this week. By your logic we are a few players away from competing, just a draft and a FA class. Sound familiar...cough.....gene......cough.......

Like Boselli said last night. Your hope is that the team continues to get better. If they start winning games, that means they are getting better. Seattle might be the best team in the league and the only top 5 pick on their roster is Okung and he's been hurt all year.

Quote:Like Boselli said last night. Your hope is that the team continues to get better. If they start winning games, that means they are getting better. Seattle might be the best team in the league and the only top 5 pick on their roster is Okung and he's been hurt all year.

I pray we aren't banking on getting a franchise qb in round 3.

Quote:I pray we aren't banking on getting a franchise qb in round 3.

Yes.  I am sure that is Caldwell's plan

Quote:Yes. I am sure that is Caldwell's plan

That's what you're implying.

Quote:Like Boselli said last night. Your hope is that the team continues to get better. If they start winning games, that means they are getting better. Seattle might be the best team in the league and the only top 5 pick on their roster is Okung and he's been hurt all year.

Seattle also has the best defense in the league along with a dynamic Russell Wilson and beast mode. They actually drafted well and are now bring rewarded.

Jags drafted terribly and are suffering because of it. Getting a player like bridgewater will speed up the process even faster as his ceiling is higher than Wilson's.