Create Account

Board Performance Issues We are aware of performance issues on the board and are working to resolve them! The board may be intermittently unavailable during this time. (May 07) x

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Don't Look Now But.........

Quote:Like Boselli said last night. Your hope is that the team continues to get better. If they start winning games, that means they are getting better. Seattle might be the best team in the league and the only top 5 pick on their roster is Okung and he's been hurt all year.

Except our win wasn't really a sign that our team is getting better.  4+ turnovers and we couldn't beat them by more than 2 points.  Simply winning the way we did doesn't show any signs at all.  Also Seattle got lucky with a 3rd round Quarterback.  That doesn't happen often.  

I was wrong about Trent Baalke. 

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

Quote:I find it odd how it almost seems that Gus Bradley is bragging about beating the 4-4 titans without locker.  I see your post and figure you wonder what is the point of winning this late in the game a handful of games pushing us further down the top draft pick.  I am however wondering if the Jaguars can even pull off another win let alone 3.

In the words of Vic Ketchman

I wouldnt worry about that

I think that having the #1 pick THIS season helps this franchise in the long term. Some experts say that the Titans were already looking ahead towards their huge Thursday Night Game with Indy. If so......big mistake.....this is the NFL. Teams have bad games all the time and if you don't take a team like the Jags or Bucs seriously, they could make you pay. Despite being 1-8, there is some talent on this team. And thanks to coach Gus Bradley........some serious fight left in it. The team had enthusiastic practices at 0-8 going into Tennesee. Go figure. I think this team really likes this coach and will lay it all on the line for him. That bodes well for the future but, short term, I can see 2 wins left in us. Me.....I'm hoping for good close competitive games the rest of the way. Let's just say that I hope we don't win too many......for my own teams long term sake. Still.......I'm glad we beat the Tacks. I really hate those guys.

Quote:Minnesota has a brutal schedule 

Not really, no Rodgers, no Cutler, The Ravens are certainly beatable, and Foles could come down to earth.

Quote:I would actually rather have the second pick... A half price Manzeil is 2x as good as a whole cost Bridgewater

Straw man argument incoming.

Is David Garrard better than Peyton Manning because he is cheaper? How bout no. I want a QB who can lead this team to the playoffs and win consistently.

Give me Teddy. If you can't get TB, then get Clowney and try and find a diamond in the rough. We don't need another Gabbert.

What does JaguarsWoman look like?

I don't know. I'm new here. This was my very first new topic to start and woman gave me a pretty severe beatdown. I should probably ask her first before I post again. (-;

Quote:We had more go our way this week than virtually the whole first half of the season combined. Two fumbles led directly to touchdowns. And we still barely beat an average team that lost their starting QB during the game.

That doesn't exactly inspire confidence with me that this team can eek out 3-4 wins. I say one more tops.
exactly we are not winning 2 more games, TB won they held Miami to 2 rushing yards and has been in all but 1 game this year, we are still the worst team

<B><FONT color=cyan>Jags this is your year</FONT></B>

Quote:I don't care that much about getting the #1 pick.  

Getting the #1 pick would mean we are a really lousy team, a long way from the playoffs. 

Winning some games down the stretch would mean we are not as far away as I thought we were.   It would also mean that maybe we do have the right coaching staff.  

A lot of people want this or that one single guy who can turn things around for us.  But what we really need is just better personnel management on all levels than we've had the last few years.  
Thats just dumb, one GM said you either wanna be very good or very bad, you dont want to be in the middle, unless we already have an up and coming team then yea you wanna show improvement, but we stink so winning meaningless games will hurt the team. Have people forgot that we won games and lost out on Luck and RG3? Even if we didnt draft RG3 we could have gotten a kings ransom for him.

<B><FONT color=cyan>Jags this is your year</FONT></B>

Quote:What does JaguarsWoman look like?
I heard similar to Jennifer Anniston but with a different nose eyes ears mouth jaw line waist legs and butt... that's all I heard tho.

Quote:We had more go our way this week than virtually the whole first half of the season combined. Two fumbles led directly to touchdowns. And we still barely beat an average team that lost their starting QB during the game.

That doesn't exactly inspire confidence with me that this team can eek out 3-4 wins. I say one more tops.

I agree and I hope you are right but the Tacks are not a bad team. It WAS a good win. They beat the Chargers, destroyed the Jets (5-4), were beating the Chiefs (9-0) till the end of the 4th quarter, and they were tied with Seattle going into the final quarter. Oh, and didn't they beat the Rams who just destroyed Luck and Company? God I hate defending the Tacks.....leaves a bad taste in my mouth.

Quote:I agree and I hope you are right but the Tacks are not a bad team. It WAS a good win. They beat the Chargers, destroyed the Jets (5-4), were beating the Chiefs (9-0) till the end of the 4th quarter, and they were tied with Seattle going into the final quarter. Oh, and didn't they beat the Rams who just destroyed Luck and Company? God I hate defending the Tacks.....leaves a bad taste in my mouth.

And we lost to a 'bad' Chiefs team the first game this season.

Winning in this league is tough, and although our team sucks, it is a constant work in progress just like everyone else. Things change so much just week to week that it can be impossible to peg a team as [insert adjective].

Quote:I don't know. I'm new here. This was my very first new topic to start and woman gave me a pretty severe beatdown. I should probably ask her first before I post again. (-;
Just do what she says.....ignore her.

"Stay tight, stay close. Great things are going to continue to happen for this football team."  - Doug Peterson

Jags 3-13

Vikings 3-13

Buccs 4-12

Quote:I think that having the #1 pick THIS season helps this franchise in the long term. Some experts say that the Titans were already looking ahead towards their huge Thursday Night Game with Indy. If so......big mistake.....this is the NFL. Teams have bad games all the time and if you don't take a team like the Jags or Bucs seriously, they could make you pay. Despite being 1-8, there is some talent on this team. And thanks to coach Gus Bradley........some serious fight left in it. The team had enthusiastic practices at 0-8 going into Tennesee. Go figure. I think this team really likes this coach and will lay it all on the line for him. That bodes well for the future but, short term, I can see 2 wins left in us. Me.....I'm hoping for good close competitive games the rest of the way. Let's just say that I hope we don't win too many......for my own teams long term sake. Still.......I'm glad we beat the Tacks. I really hate those guys.
I mean if the Jaguars finish 8-8 I would be very happy even if they didnt go to the playoffs, 7-9 for that matter too.

Heck even 6-10 as long as they showed improvement.  I however will not be happy if the team finishes 4-12 while Chad Henne remains at QB (its obivious he will never get better but only go down over time along with Blaine).  Now is the time for Gus to cut ties with Blaine, bench or cut Chad and give Ricky a or DR a shot at least if the GM wont sign anyone.

Give us some hope for the future.  I mean maybe Bridgewater is their plan if thats the case why try hard to win and lose him in the draft?

Like a female Jaguar?  I dunno this isnt a dating website. 

GO JAGS!

Jags aren't winning more than 2 games this year.   (IMO)

In all reality we lucked out in the Tacks game. Pollard gift wrapped that game to us with dumb mistakes and Reynolds foot looked like it did touch the white line after the punt which helped give us the game winning safety.

Chad Henne snapped the ball into Ace Sanders while he was in motion for crying out loud. I'll be shocked if we manage to win another game.

Wouldn't it be just like the Colts, (in typical customary Colts fashion) to purposely tank the last game ensuring the Jaguars don't get the top spot?

Quote:Wouldn't it be just like the Colts, (in typical customary Colts fashion) to purposely tank the last game ensuring the Jaguars don't get the top spot?

Honestly, if we have the number one pick at that point I don't think the Jags will have any incentive to try and win that game. So if the Colts try to tank that game it's gonna be like the pro-bowl. Nobody hitting eachother and everyone standing around during PATs playing with their thumbs.

Pretty much like Batman from the Animated series in the 90's.

60% of the time, It works Everytime...

[Image: BS5hg.jpg][Image: m5Lb.jpg][Image: 5YnyA.jpg][Image: U2VW7.jpg]