Create Account

Board Performance Issues We are aware of performance issues on the board and are working to resolve them! The board may be intermittently unavailable during this time. (May 07) x

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
The United States Men's National Team Thread

(This post was last modified: 12-06-2013, 02:36 PM by TravC59.)

Thread already started, http://jungle.jaguars.com/index.php?/top...am-thread/

Tough group. Just need to get out of it. One or two, just get it done.

We already knew the group was going to be tough based on the pots. This was just about the worst case scenario. But you just have to play with who you are grouped up with.

Can't wait!

TravC59, aka JacksJags. @TravC59 on Twitter
;
; "This is really good, you want a bite, Honey?"

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

Quote:Why would you want to watch the draw? It is quite possibly the most boring show in the history of mankind.
I've seen more boring things and its a really slow work day. Plus I've been eager to see anything about the next World Cup. Too bad USA is probably screwed. Germany, Portugal, and Ghana... Crap

By the way, this draw was another example of just how corrupt and misguided FIFA is. First of all the seeds are a joke; Argentina, Germany & Spain, fine. But there's no way a team like Belgium or Switzerland (who hasn't qualified for a final tournament since 2002) should be ranked ahead of Italy, Portugal or even the US. Then there's the European team in Pot 2, originally that was supposed to be the lowest ranked European team which was France. But lo and behold, they changed the rules to a random draw. Now guess who's very good friends with Sepp Blatter and what nationality he has?

Quote:By the way, this draw was another example of just how corrupt and misguided FIFA is. First of all the seeds are a joke; Argentina, Germany & Spain, fine. But there's no way a team like Belgium or Switzerland (who hasn't qualified for a final tournament since 2002) should be ranked ahead of Italy, Portugal or even the US. Then there's the European team in Pot 2, originally that was supposed to be the lowest ranked European team which was France. But lo and behold, they changed the rules to a random draw. Now guess who's very good friends with Sepp Blatter and what nationality he has?

FIFA is no doubt corrupt.

The Qatar World Cup is about the biggest joke in sports I have ever seen. I have no doubt it will be a disaster if they still allow it to happen. Old Sepp probably spent all the cash he pocketed.

Quote:By the way, this draw was another example of just how corrupt and misguided FIFA is. First of all the seeds are a joke; Argentina, Germany & Spain, fine. But there's no way a team like Belgium or Switzerland (who hasn't qualified for a final tournament since 2002) should be ranked ahead of Italy, Portugal or even the US. Then there's the European team in Pot 2, originally that was supposed to be the lowest ranked European team which was France. But lo and behold, they changed the rules to a random draw. Now guess who's very good friends with Sepp Blatter and what nationality he has?
Yeah they are indeed corrupt. I was getting a headache trying to figure out how Belgium and Switzerland were seeded over a team like Netherlands. I was thinking Portugal isn't seeded because they didn't finish first in their group during Europe FIFA qualifiers maybe? And France barely making it in, but getting an incredibly easy group is a joke too. 

Quote:FIFA is no doubt corrupt.

The Qatar World Cup is about the biggest joke in sports I have ever seen. I have no doubt it will be a disaster if they still allow it to happen. Old Sepp probably spent all the cash he pocketed.
Absolutely. Qatar doesn't even have a tradition in the sport. They'll finally qualify only because they're hosting that tourney. 

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

Quote: 

Absolutely. Qatar doesn't even have a tradition in the sport. They'll finally qualify only because they're hosting that tourney. 

And probably get a favorable draw.

;

;