Create Account

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Predict the top 5 picks

With all of the talk about Teddy Bridgewater, Marcus Mariota, and Jadaveon Clowney, it seems we should be talking about the top 5 just in case David Caldwell decides it would not be a bad idea to trade down or the Jaguars somehow don't get one of the first two picks. I will not discuss trade options until after the Super Bowl, or even after the NFL Combine if we need a coin flip with the Buccaneers, but there is no reason we can't think about who should be 3, 4, and 5 in addition to 1 and 2.

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

1. Bridgewater

2. Clowney

3. Lewan

4. Barr

5. depends on team

Didn't exactly understand what you were trying to say in your original post, but I read it as predict Caldwell's top 5 big board.

I'd say...

1. Theodore

2. Clowney

3. Barr

4. Matthews

5. Mosely

(This post was last modified: 11-08-2013, 09:05 PM by JaxJagsForever.)

Quote:Didn't exactly understand what you were trying to say in your original post, but I read it as predict Caldwell's top 5 big board.

Not his big board - who you actually think will be picked at each spot.

FYI I am JaguarsWoman, now unable to access my most widely-recognized account.

JaguarsWoman

1: Teddy Bridgewater

2: Teddy Bridgewater

3: Teddy Bridgewater

4: Teddy Bridgewater

5: Teddy Bridgewater

Since I keep seeing that name practically everywhere on this board I figured there must be more than one person in college football right now named Teddy Bridgewater.

1. Teddy

2. Mariota

3. Clowney

4. Barr

5. Manziel (unfortunately)

(This post was last modified: 11-08-2013, 09:13 PM by The Eleventh Doctor.)

#1. Jacksonville Jaguars - Teddy Bridgewater, QB, Louisville

#2. Green Bay Packers (TRADE) - JaDeveon Clowney, DE, South Carolina

#3. Minnesota Vikings - Anthony Barr, LB, UCLA

#4. Atlanta Falcons - Louis Nix, DT, Notre Dame

#5. New York Giants - Jake Matthews, OT, Texas A&M

I was wrong about Trent Baalke. 

Quote:#1. Jacksonville Jaguars - Teddy Bridgewater, QB, Louisville

Why would a team that runs a 3-4 defense trade up for a 4-3 DE?

JaguarsWoman

Quote:Why would a team that runs a 3-4 defense trade up for a 4-3 DE?

Because Clowney can fit either?

Do they give up an entire draft for him, Ricky Williams style?

Teddy

Clowney

Matthews

Barr

Mariota

Packers will not have ammo to trade up that high. Especially when their future first round picks are going to be near 2nd rounders.

TEST

Quote:Packers will not have ammo to trade up that high. Especially when their future first round picks are going to be near 2nd rounders.
If anything they trade up to the 3rd spot to get Barr

Quote:Packers will not have ammo to trade up that high. Especially when their future first round picks are going to be near 2nd rounders.

Rodgers misses most of the rest of the season, and the team won't be trading back that far.  I think the Buccaneers will trade down to get Manziel.  Not sure with who obviously -- but I think some team that is close to being a competitor will trade up.  I picked the Packers because of Rodgers injury for now.  And I doubt the Buccaneers want the Falcons getting Clowney.  

Quote:Rodgers misses most of the rest of the season, and the team won't be trading back that far. I think the Buccaneers will trade down to get Manziel. Not sure with who obviously -- but I think some team that is close to being a competitor will trade up. I picked the Packers because of Rodgers injury for now.  And I doubt the Buccaneers want the Falcons getting Clowney.  

The Packers are 5-3 and their month without Aaron Rodgers is the easiest four weeks of their schedule. Future opponents include the Eagles, Vikings, and Falcons.

1. Bridgewater

2. Clowney

3. Barr

4. Mathews

5. Manziel

(This post was last modified: 11-09-2013, 04:02 PM by Bullseye.)

This projection of a Green Bay trade to number 2 overall to take Clowney doesn't make much sense on any number of levels.

1.  As another poster pointed out, it's doubtful Green Bay would have the ammunition to get that high to get him, even if you assume the Packers somehow lose out.

2.  Clowney is NOT a scheme fit for the 3-4, and the last thing you'd want to do is experiment with the 2nd overall pick.

3.  The Packers are set at 3-4 OLB.  They have Clay Matthews and just spent a first round pick last year on Nick Perry out of USC.  Now even assuming Green Bay could trade up to 2, I don't think it would be for Clowney.  More likely, they might deal up to about 4-5 and get Matthews or Lewan.

4.  That said, I think the Louis Nix pick for Atlanta makes a lot of sense.  Atlanta has NEVER had the dominant stud interior DT.  EVER. The pick itself may be too high for Nix, but he would be a great fit in Atlanta.

Worst to 1st.  Curse Reversed!

Quote:Not his big board - who you actually think will be picked at each spot.

FYI I am JaguarsWoman, now unable to access my most widely-recognized account.

Okay, in that case...

1. Jacksonville - Bridgewater

2. Tampa Bay - Clowney

3. Minnesota - Mariota

4. Atlanta - Barr

5. St. Louis - Mathews

lol at trading the farm for clowney when barr fits their scheme so much better. and i doubt they trade for a dline when their secondary is terrible,

but heres my list

teddy

clowney

barr

lewan

mariota/matthews

Quote:Because Clowney can fit either?

Somebody said in a different thread Clowney is strictly a 4-3 end and would not fit in Jacksonville. If that is true, there is no way he fits in Green Bay.