Create Account

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Jags Finally Catch a Must Needed Break

In a season that has given Jags fans arguably more lows than highs, I want to make Jagsnation aware of a very, very positive recent occurrence that gives our team, fans, and coaches a reason for optimism as we head into the second half of the season.

To preface this, The Ponce De Leon Cup is the coveted trophy given out to the NFL team from Florida that finishes the season with the best record. Ponce De Leon of course is the Spanish conquistador who led the first European expedition to the state of Florida. Noted historian Scott Becker has gone as far to state that he believes Ponce and his crew actually first settled in Jacksonville - take that Bucs and Fins fans!!!

Fans of these teams will be the first one to tell you that while the winning the Superbowl is nice, The Ponce De Leon Cup is truly what these teams teams are after. Think about it - what does it really mean if say for example Tampa Bay won the Superbowl, but lost to Jacksonville or finished with a worse record than their PDLC (Ponce de Leon Cup) Rivals during the regular season. Jags fans around the water cooler at the office would still have obvious bragging rights.

"So what is the much needed break???" you are no doubt asking yourself right now.......

(Drum Roll!!!!!!!!!!!!!!)

The Jags have moved into first place in the Ponce de Leon Cup Standings!!! The committee decided last night that Miami is now ineligible for the PDLC based on their franchise turning a blind eye to the bullying and other shenanigans that have been going on down there. This will be a three year suspension.

So now the updated Ponce De Leon Cup Standings are as follows:

Jacksonville 0-8

Tampa Bay 0-8

Miami 4-4 (ineligible for Ponce De Leon Cup - bullying)

Jags fans - I truly believe we can get this done. It starts this weekend. Lets cheer loud, and lets cheer often! A new season starts Sunday!!!

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

@OnGuardJax

Great post Omaha!  What would be the tie-breaker?

President, Omaha for Jacksonville

alrighty

;

;

Three years is pretty harsh...

Quote:Great post Omaha!  What would be the tie-breaker?
All I can tell you is that the current Tie breaker is most points scored against the Chiefs. Right now the Jags have it. I've heard rumblings that the Bucs are ticked off because they don't play the Chiefs this year, but I've been told the committee feels strongly that this is Tampa's problem and no one elses.

Quote:Three years is pretty harsh...
The Dolphins are welcome to appeal but I think they know this is definitely an uphill battle.  The committees stance - you want to be eligible for the Ponce De Leon Cup, then don't bully. Simple as that.

I want to lock up Omaha and JaguarsWoman in a chatroom together.

Quote:The Dolphins are welcome to appeal but I think they know this is definitely an uphill battle.  The committees stance - you want to be eligible for the Ponce De Leon Cup, then don't bully. Simple as that.
It just don't want to get my hopes up for the PDLC race, only to have the NFL independent investigation on the Dolphins come out, exonerate them, and force a reversal of the PDLC committee decision.  That would be tragic - and just our luck.

Quote:It just don't want to get my hopes up for the PDLC race, only to have the NFL independent investigation on the Dolphins come out, exonerate them, and force a reversal of the PDLC committee decision.  That would be tragic - and just our luck.
You can keep your hopes up - there is no chance for a reversal. The committee is firm on their stance. Character counts when it comes to the PDLC.

Has the Committee looked into the Buccaneers handling of MRSA?  Perhaps they can be ineligible too. 

I was wrong about Trent Baalke. 

Quote:Has the Committee looked into the Buccaneers handling of MRSA?  Perhaps they can be ineligible too. 
That could certainly be a factor late in the season. The committee is waiting for more facts to come out. There are rumblings the Dolphins may have planted the MRSA but at this point it's only rumblings.

Is the PDLC exclusive to NFL franchises, do we have to worry about the arena league records Omaha?

[Image: 5_RdfH.gif]

Quote:Great post Omaha!  What would be the tie-breaker?
Whoever wins the first overall maybe the declared winner, if Bucs and Jags are tied winless.

The Bucs appear to be on the verge of winning with Mike James putting up 150 yards on the ground as they built up a huge lead on Seattle and hung on long enough to take the Seahawks into OT. They've also had several close games against good teams. It's probably a stretch to think we'd finish with more wins given the Jaguars tendency to get blown out even by gutter dwellers. I'm thinking the Jaguars find a way to split with the Titans and finish 2-14 while the Bucs manage a 3-13 final record. Besides, what's more important... the Ponce De Leon cup or the first pick?

'02