Create Account

Board Performance Issues We are aware of performance issues on the board and are working to resolve them! The board may be intermittently unavailable during this time. (May 07) x

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Northwestern Wearing Uniforms To Honor Military Causing Uproar Amongst Some

Some people just are not happy unless they are complaining. This is pitiful.

http://security.blogs.cnn.com/2013/11/05...?hpt=hp_c3

TravC59, aka JacksJags. @TravC59 on Twitter
;
; "This is really good, you want a bite, Honey?"

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

Dude has a point though.

Of course, if it was me I'd be complaining about the mere 10% of proceeds from replica sales going to the charity.

They mentioned two complainers. Not exactly a groundswell.

I'm sure this will be the lead story on one of the Fox News blocks. Getting all outraged and everything.

The sun's not yellow, it's chicken.

Quote:Dude has a point though.

Of course, if it was me I'd be complaining about the mere 10% of proceeds from replica sales going to the charity.
10% of replicas go to the WWP while 100% of the auctioned off used jerseys will go to them as well.

;

Quote:10% of replicas go to the WWP while 100% of the auctioned off used jerseys will go to them as well.
I can read. That's why I wrote "10% of proceeds from replica sales", not "10% of proceeds from sales."

I'm not a fan of the Wounded Warrior Project.  Not because of what it stands for, but because of how it's run.  The CEO of the charity makes $300k/year salary from the company, and too much of the money that they receive goes to marketing and other things.  If I was going to complain about anything, it would be their charity choice.  (A lot of Charities sadly do the same, you have to really look into a lot of them)

I'm surprised that college football teams don't simply try to do more to raise awareness of the needs of wounded veterans by urging people to call their congressmen and tell them they need to fully fund VA hospitals.  You could really use sports to raise awareness, which would probably end up doing a lot more.  

Just my two cents.

I was wrong about Trent Baalke. 

Quote:I'm not a fan of the Wounded Warrior Project.  Not because of what it stands for, but because of how it's run.  The CEO of the charity makes $300k/year salary from the company, and too much of the money that they receive goes to marketing and other things.  If I was going to complain about anything, it would be their charity choice.  (A lot of Charities sadly do the same, you have to really look into a lot of them)

Just my two cents.

Kind of like Pink Ribbon.

...and CNN gets the page hits they so desperately need.

;

;

Quote:They mentioned two complainers. Not exactly a groundswell.

I'm sure this will be the lead story on one of the Fox News blocks. Getting all outraged and everything.

haha, not surprised at the above quote at all.... answers a few questions...

Love those uni's they look sharp!

U-S-A say it with me Dragonfury, U-S-A, U-S-A Laughing I know you just died a little inside!

[Image: 5_RdfH.gif]

Quote:I'm not a fan of the Wounded Warrior Project.  Not because of what it stands for, but because of how it's run.  The CEO of the charity makes $300k/year salary from the company, and too much of the money that they receive goes to marketing and other things.  If I was going to complain about anything, it would be their charity choice.  (A lot of Charities sadly do the same, you have to really look into a lot of them)

I'm surprised that college football teams don't simply try to do more to raise awareness of the needs of wounded veterans by urging people to call their congressmen and tell them they need to fully fund VA hospitals.  You could really use sports to raise awareness, which would probably end up doing a lot more.  

Just my two cents.

Quote:Kind of like Pink Ribbon.

Most all charities are actually scams. The Tampa Bay Times did a great series on the worst charities. Some of this will make you sick.

http://www.tampabay.com/topics/specials/...ities.page

There are alot of charities out there that spend all the money they take it on their leadership and fundraising, Donating almost nothing to the actual cause.

;

;

Quote:I can read. That's why I wrote "10% of proceeds from replica sales", not "10% of proceeds from sales."
Yes, I figured I'd add the part you left out that will be going to charity.

;

Quote:Love those uni's they look sharp!

U-S-A say it with me Dragonfury, U-S-A, U-S-A Laughing I know you just died a little inside!

DF a USA hater?

Quote:DF a USA hater?

More or less just busting his chops, he's a proud European but I wouldn't call him a USA hater at all.

[Image: 5_RdfH.gif]

Quote:I can read. That's why I wrote "10% of proceeds from replica sales", not "10% of proceeds from sales."

Yes you can read, but chose to tell only half the story.  You have a great future in politics here in America or at least working for the main stream media if you so desire.

Original Season Ticket Holder - Retired  1995 - 2020

At some point you just have to let go of what you thought should happen and live in what is happening.

(This post was last modified: 11-06-2013, 10:25 PM by The Eleventh Doctor.)

Quote:Yes you can read, but chose to tell only half the story.  You have a great future in politics here in America or at least working for the main stream media if you so desire.

ESPN is contacting the NSA for DragonFury's info right now to make a job offer.

I was wrong about Trent Baalke. 

Quote:haha, not surprised at the above quote at all.... answers a few questions...

I'm sure you made up the questions to your answers as well. You're good at that.

The sun's not yellow, it's chicken.