Create Account

Board Performance Issues We are aware of performance issues on the board and are working to resolve them! The board may be intermittently unavailable during this time. (May 07) x

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Denard Robinson's Promotion...

Quote:He is a natural RB. Stop with the WR talk.

Yes he's a Natual Runner w/great vision...

NH3...
"AZANE"

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

Quote:Yes Caldwell did retain Gene's entire scouting staff Prior to the Draft because they scouted the entire year and yes it was too late for change at this point. No new GM would jettison the scouting department two months prior to the draft. That is the reasoning that Caldwell waited until After the Draft to make the changes that I mentioned. Also Caldwell drafter players that he scouted while he was the Head Scout in Atlanta. He just didn't rely on Gene's scouting department as you eluded to.

NH3...

So, then they have since been dismissed after the draft?.....because if not then you entire premise above is invalid. 

Quote:So, then they have since been dismissed after the draft?.....because if not then you entire premise above is invalid.

Yes a select few were dismissed upon the 2013 draft.

To reiterate... Caldwell retained some and released some...

NH3...
"AZANE"

Quote:Yes a select few were dismissed upon the 2013 draft.

To reiterate... Caldwell retained some and released some...

NH3...

A "select few" of the scouts that have been here during 5 straight garbage drafts have been dismissed......fantastic Rolleyes 

How they are not ALL gone, is beyond unbelievable but then again... #becausejaguars

Quote:A "select few" of the scouts that have been here during 5 straight garbage drafts have been dismissed......fantastic Rolleyes

How they are not ALL gone, is beyond unbelievable but then again... #becausejaguars

Not sure how Gene Smith making bad draft picks could reflect the ability of every scout. Caldwell fired the heads of college and pro scouting as well as a handful of regional scouts. A few lower level scouts that you have no clue about got retained. So what are you mad about?

Quote:A "select few" of the scouts that have been here during 5 straight garbage drafts have been dismissed......fantastic Rolleyes

Inventing something new to whine about.....again.   ^  yawn. 

The head of college scouting is new.  Assist dir. of college scouting -  new.  The eastern regional scout is new.    The head of pro personnel is new.   

That's basically everyone who holds a title in the scouting department that is higher than just "scout."  One would imagine that the other guys are probably being evaluated by their new bosses as this season plays out. 

Please fill us in on which ones they should have kept? Which ones were most accurate on their evaluations? Who scouted what region of the country?

#becauseTMDisablowhard
[Image: IMG-1452.jpg]

Probably has to do with the fact that not every scout is going to agree with the higher ups decisions. It's up to the scouts to gather information about a player, they aren't in charge of actually drafting said player. Take Gabbert for example, Gene was supposed to be there to scout Ricky Stanzi and ended up falling in love with Gabbert as a prospect. Not exactly sure how that falls on the West or Southeast regional scout.

Quote:I hope he gets 5+ carries vs the tacks so we can find out. 
Might actually get my wish...

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap2000000...-backfield

Only those of us that Truly Understand, understand why Caldwell retained some and jettisoned some...

NH3...
"AZANE"

Evidently Robinson is a project in the making... There is hope among the coaches and fans that he'll prospher sooner rather than later...

NH3...
"AZANE"

http://espn.go.com/nfl/player/stats/_/id...d-robinson

ESPN stats for the DR, shows him as not being sick but irrelevant.

Quote:lol damn maybe i should retract my input but he just doesnt seem to have the speed/frame to be a successful rb. at least from what ive seen.
Did someone really just say that Denard Robinson isn't fast enough to be a RB?

Quote:Did someone really just say that Denard Robinson isn't fast enough to be a RB?
he has fast upright speed suited for a wr, rb speed is at a lower point of gravity.  which is why you see fast qbs in college transition better at the wr spot moreso than rb.

(This post was last modified: 11-12-2013, 05:41 PM by Deacon.)

Quote:he has fast upright speed suited for a wr, rb speed is at a lower point of gravity
.  which is why you see fast qbs in college transition better at the wr spot moreso than rb.

As long as I live, I don't think I'm ever going to forget this comment.

I'm trying to make myself more informed and less opinionated.

Stop saying whatever stupid thing you're talking about and pay attention to all the interesting things I have to say!

Quote:As lond as I live, I don't think I'm ever going to forget this comment.
didnt know how else to describe running like a rb tbh

My company has lost money the last couple of years.

Guess we should all be fired rather than the one's deemed most responsible

Slow yur Roll Mad Dog...

Yur starting to resemble a Rabid Canine...

NH3...
"AZANE"

Quote:As long as I live, I don't think I'm ever going to forget this comment.

LOL...

Agreed...SPEED is SPEED, regardless of the position...

NH3...
"AZANE"

Quote:Evidently Robinson is a project in the making... There is hope among the coaches and fans that he'll prospher sooner rather than later...

NH3...

Does that mean he'll glow in the dark?

The sun's not yellow, it's chicken.