Create Account

Board Performance Issues We are aware of performance issues on the board and are working to resolve them! The board may be intermittently unavailable during this time. (May 07) x

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Denard Robinson's Promotion...

(This post was last modified: 11-14-2013, 12:18 PM by Deacon.)

Quote:didnt know how else to describe running like a rb tbh

In my opinion, quickness, vision and patience are more critical for a Running Back to possess than straight line speed. Speed helps you once you are through the hole, but the other three attributes will help you find and attack it. Running backs are rarely going full speed at the beginning of the play since they need to allow for the blocking plan to develop. They have to synch themselves up with what the rest of the Offense is doing.

Wide Receivers on the other hand will usually start out a play at a sprint and then throttle down in their route when a change of direction is needed.

When a QB runs with the ball, typically speaking he is exploiting a read and running away from a Defender or he is scrambling away from pressure. When he goes to run, he almost always needs to be at top speed when he does.

Maybe this is the delineation for which you are looking.

I'm trying to make myself more informed and less opinionated.

Stop saying whatever stupid thing you're talking about and pay attention to all the interesting things I have to say!

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

Quote:In my opinion, quickness, vision and patience are more critical for a Running Back to possess than straight line speed. Speed helps you once you are through the hole, but the other three attributes will help you find and attack it. Running backs are rarely going full speed at the beginning of the play since they need to allow for the blocking plan to develop. They have to synch themselves up with what the rest of the Offense is doing.

Wide Receivers on the other hand will usually start out a play at a sprint and then throttle down in their route when a change of direction is needed.

When a QB runs with the ball, typically speaking he is exploiting a read and running away from a Defender or he is scrambling away from pressure. When he goes to run, he almost always needs to be at top speed when he does.

thats what i was looking for. thanks. Denard has track speed we all know that but his track speed is of no use is he doesnt possess rb traits, thats why i see him more of a wr, most of the running qbs in college made the switch to wr because its an easier transition.  im not sure how switching from any position in college to rb in the pro has had success in the past but the stack is against denard, i want him to succeed at rb but i think he'd have more success playing wr. 

Quote:thats what i was looking for. thanks. Denard has track speed we all know that but his track speed is of no use is he doesnt possess rb traits, thats why i see him more of a wr, most of the running qbs in college made the switch to wr because its an easier transition.  im not sure how switching from any position in college to rb in the pro has had success in the past but the stack is against denard, i want him to succeed at rb but i think he'd have more success playing wr. 

Why? Because thats what other QBs did? He is horrible at route running and has no hands. He does not have any WR skills at all really.

What he is good at is running with patience and following his blockers. Saying he doesnt have a RB frame makes no sense when you look at other RBs in the league who have a similar 4.3 speed like him. You have to be kind of small to be that fast. His height/weight is not THAT far off from some elite RBs, and he can still put on plenty of strength after a year in an NFL lifting program. 

Quote:Why? Because thats what other QBs did? He is horrible at route running and has no hands. He does not have any WR skills at all really.

What he is good at is running with patience and following his blockers. Saying he doesnt have a RB frame makes no sense when you look at other RBs in the league who have a similar 4.3 speed like him. You have to be kind of small to be that fast. His height/weight is not THAT far off from some elite RBs, and he can still put on plenty of strength after a year in an NFL lifting program. 
I agree.  I think we'd see some production from him at RB with decent blocking.  This O-line isn't doing him any favors - but I think the experience gained this season could really pay dividends for him behind a (hopefully) improved line next year.  I'm glad that Bradley is throwing him into the mix for that purpose. 

Quote:Does that mean he'll glow in the dark?

No...It means that he'll Grow within Everbank Park... SMH... ;-)

NH3...
"AZANE"

Quote:In my opinion, quickness, vision and patience are more critical for a Running Back to possess than straight line speed. Speed helps you once you are through the hole, but the other three attributes will help you find and attack it. Running backs are rarely going full speed at the beginning of the play since they need to allow for the blocking plan to develop. They have to synch themselves up with what the rest of the Offense is doing.

Well Said Deacon...

This is exactly why Robinson's draft status was RB instead of WR. He has the traits to run the ball whether he's at the RB or WR position. He doesn't have WR hands or route running ability but he does has RB ability...Hinse his draft status...

NH3...
"AZANE"

D-Rob looks like he can bust a big run he looks like Chris Johnson with the ball but he has to hold onto the ball. This team can't get him in space to do any damage.

No pain, no gain.

Quote:D-Rob looks like he can bust a big run he looks like Chris Johnson with the ball but he has to hold onto the ball. This team can't get him in space to do any damage.

Yeah he pretty much should just sit out this year and work on protecting the ball. He cant get too many reps right now with him being such a huge risk of fumbling. 

Quote:Yeah he pretty much should just sit out this year and work on protecting the ball. He cant get too many reps right now with him being such a huge risk of fumbling. 

I dont blame Robison. I blame the line. Any time he runs there is not a single gap for him to cut into. He isn't the type to bust through the line and break tackles like MJD. He needs room to run, and the line doesn't give him any, at all. If the line could actually create a tiny hole, I think he would hit them and actually be gaining some decent yardage.

This zone blocking scheme just does not work at all.

Quote:Upon watching the London game a few times,

you watched that game a few times ??  wow !!

please take into consideration the fact that teams don't put forth the same effort when they are winning by 4 tds at halftime and place things on cruise control

Quote:you watched that game a few times ??  wow !!

please take into consideration the fact that teams don't put forth the same effort when they are winning by 4 tds at halftime and place things on cruise control
:thumbsup:

NH3...

"AZANE"