Create Account

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
LOL Hundley. Interesting...

Is he serious?

This is not even about him NOT being NFL ready, but someone needs to talk to him about making good business decision. 

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

Boy is going to bust in the nfl like pamela andersons cleavage.

Gabbert experiment 2.0

he has the most potential in the class based on his measurables imo, but i advise him to go back to school, hes just way too raw but someone will take a flyer on him in the first round if he declares.

I liked Hundley last year but it just doesn't seem like he improved much from last year to this year.

(This post was last modified: 10-31-2013, 02:10 PM by Bullseye.)

Quote:Is he serious?

This is not even about him NOT being NFL ready, but someone needs to talk to him about making good business decision. 

Are you referring to his decision to have contact with an agent at this point, or that the agent is Jay-Z?

If it is the former, I agree that is a questionable decision.

If it is the latter, I'm not sure it is as bad as it may appear.

I recall Ricky Williams signing with a rapper turned agent (can't remember who it was...Master P I think).

Most people felt he would have this insanely long holdout, yada yada yada.  It turns out, he was one of the first picks to sign.

I do not underestimate the business acumen of a guy who bought his wife her own island.  From a sheer marketing standpoint, the potential for Hundley is huge, especially if he turns out to be a good NFL QB.

Worst to 1st.  Curse Reversed!

Quote:Are you referring to his decision to have contact with an agent at this point, or that the agent is Jay-Z?

If it is the former, I agree that is a questionable decision.

If it is the latter, I'm not sure it is as bad as it may appear.

I recall Ricky Williams signing with a rapper turned agent (can't remember who it was...Master P I think).

Most people felt he would have this insanely long holdout, yada yada yada.  It turns out, he was one of the first picks to sign.

I do not underestimate the business acumen of a guy who owns his own island.
It's about his decision to come out early.  I don't see him going any earlier than a 2nd round. 

(This post was last modified: 10-31-2013, 02:12 PM by Bullseye.)

Quote:It's about his decision to come out early.  I don't see him going any earlier than a 2nd round. 

That is an understandable statement, but curious given you indicated this wasn't about his NFL readiness in your initial post.  But for a lack of NFL readiness, why would someone with his physical tools fall to the 2nd round?

(This post was last modified: 10-31-2013, 03:19 PM by shangster.)

Because teams that are desperate for a QB need someone who can come in and contribute right away.  Gabbert has all the tools, but clearly wasn't ready for the big league.  That's what I see in Hundley right now.  Which of the top 5 QB needy teams right now that you see Hundley can come in and make a difference right away? 

Would love for the texans to draft him. About as sure a bust as I have ever seen.
Crab Cakes and Football! That's what Jacksonville does!

Quote:Because teams that are desperate for a QB need someone who can come in and contribute right away.  Gabbert has all the tools, but clearly wasn't ready for the big league.  That's what I see in Hundley right now.  Which of the top 5 QB needy teams right now that you see Hundley can come in and make a difference right away? 

Probably none, but that's beside my point.

In your initial post, you stated, in relevant part...

"This is not even about him NOT being NFL ready," but then every elaboration you make on that point mentions his lack of NFL readiness and does not address the business end of the decision.

I agree with the general proposition he may not be NFL ready right now.  That's not my issue here.

You indicated wholly independent of his NFL readiness, this was a bad business decision for him.

If his lack of NFL readiness is not a factor in this being a bad business decision on Hundley's part, then it should not come into any discussion of the business aspect.

Now if you meant to say his lack of NFL readiness makes any decision to come out or otherwise endanger his college eligibility this year a bad business decision, I can take that at face value.

I agree that another year would benefit his stock but at the same time if he feels he is ready to start getting paid, second round isn't bad.

to me he is no worse than eh Manuel, that guy got drafted round 1 and got the starting job. Hundley has more upside...

Coughlin when asked if winning will be a focus: "What the hell else is there? This is nice and dandy, but winning is what all this is about."

Hundley is not a good quarterback. His coach has no confidence in him to throw the ball around the field like others have the liberty of doing. Hope we don't touch him.

(This post was last modified: 11-04-2013, 11:46 AM by shangster.)

Quote:Probably none, but that's beside my point.

In your initial post, you stated, in relevant part...

"This is not even about him NOT being NFL ready," but then every elaboration you make on that point mentions his lack of NFL readiness and does not address the business end of the decision.

I agree with the general proposition he may not be NFL ready right now.  That's not my issue here.

You indicated wholly independent of his NFL readiness, this was a bad business decision for him.

If his lack of NFL readiness is not a factor in this being a bad business decision on Hundley's part, then it should not come into any discussion of the business aspect.

Now if you meant to say his lack of NFL readiness makes any decision to come out or otherwise endanger his college eligibility this year a bad business decision, I can take that at face value.
You're digging too deep on what I said.  I simply meant that his draft stock is not so high right now -- 2nd or 3rd rounder at best -- if he does decide to come out.  He can only improve his stock if he stays another year in college.  Why take 2nd or 3rd round money when he has an opportunity to make 1st round money.

People seem to be blind that Jay-Z is no longer just a rapper. The man is a business wiz. The only fault I have with the article is Hundley maybe coming out for this years draft when he needs to stay in school another year. Jay-Z is not a businessman, he's a business, man.
"Expect for the best. Prepare for the worst. Capitalize on what comes."

Reminds me of josh freeman coming out. Big qb, lots of talent, streaky and should return but doesn't, gets pushed up the boards based on potential.....yup, seems to be following the same path