Create Account

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Poll: Should Dave Caldwell be fired?
Yes, 0-8 been blown away, poor handling of team personnel
No, its too early to tell & he came highly recommended
I like pie
[Show Results]

Time to make drastic changes or stay the course?

Please tell me more about how a good GM & HC couldnt turn around a last place team 

-  See Kansas City

--------------------------------------------------------

Instead of the I told you so's,

lets look at what the franchise can do at this point to improve.

Okay the majority of fans think that the GM & HC should get another season to prove themselves...

If that is what the owner does what should they do at this point to improve the team?

The verdict in my opinion is out on Blaine Gabbert & Chad Henne but many dont agree is it safe to say that they will continue to start Henne for the rest of the season, or is it finally Ricky's chance to prove he should be on the roster next year?

What do they have to lose by giving Ricky a chance?  At least at the start of the 4th qtr when the game is already an obivious loss????

I mean arent you even a tad bit curious as to what he is capable of doing?  and for that matter why not try other DEPTH player positions?  Give them their chance to prove themselves (make the rest of the season a preseason of sorts)??

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

Quote:Call me crazy, but I think guys like Pozluszny belong on this team.  Yes, he's not a great player, but he can part of a very good defense.  Yes, he's overpaid, but I don't pay his salary, and we have plenty of salary cap space.

I WOULD get rid of, or at least re-negotiate the contracts of Lewis and Mincey, though. 

I agree that Paul Pozluszny was having a Pro Bowl year (now sure what his stats are in the last few weeks), but that is why they were trying to trade him since he is good but he is also old & probably only have a couple years left in him.  In a rebuilding phase as people want to call it, basically means the team will most likely suck for a couple years, it makes no sense to hold on to great veterans that wont help you down the road 5 years out.

Quote:But not much of anything else on the entire team has been good. Thats including the job Caldwell has done. I expected to see much more dealing of veterans in exchange for draft picks, and the ONLY one he deals is Monroe, and he messed that up. 

You act as if you have been shadowing Caldwell for weeks.  I say this because you make it seem so "matter of fact" that he himself didn't try to reach out and trade certain players.

As Bullseye pointed out above, who the hell would anybody want on our team?  MJD is over the hill.  Marcedes Lewis has, what?  Three catches all year?  Shorts, in your eyes, is just a mediocre receiver.  Joeckel is hurt.  Poz is being paid like he's the best linebacker in the league.  Cyprien and Evans are first year guys. 

I mean, really.  What does our roster have to offer?  Shoot, at least Caldwell got something for Eugene Monroe.  Let's be real here.  Monroe would have bolted after this season.

As for the topic itself...we're at the beginning stages of another rebuilding process.  We were bound to suck this year.   Dave and Gus have been preaching to all listening: this is going to take time.  We have holes at every single position.  The cerebral approach is the one Caldwell is taking, which is build the team through the draft.  You don't sign veterans for big bucks at the beginning of your rebuilding process because it's counter productive and will lead to a horrible cap situation down the road when these young guys start blossoming.

Give it time.

Poz is the best MILB in the league, hes just surrounded by so much suck that you think hes not worth that.

Quote:Poz is the best MILB in the league

I can't tell if serious, or being sarcastic. 

Quote:Poz is the best MILB in the league, hes just surrounded by so much suck that you think hes not worth that.

You and JaguarWoman should get together.

;

;

Quote:Honestly, suck it up man.  Take the 0-16, let them draft their top rated QB, and let's see what happens then.

That sums it up.

Quote:Poz is the best MILB in the league, hes just surrounded by so much suck that you think hes not worth that.
Hahaha BEST COMMENT OF THE YEAR!

Patrick Willis... scrub. Luke Kuechley... scrub. Kiko Alonso.. poop. Laurinitas.. trash.

Poz isn't even top 10!

Quote:Hahaha BEST COMMENT OF THE YEAR!

Patrick Willis... scrub. Luke Kuechley... scrub. Kiko Alonso.. poop. Laurinitas.. trash.

Poz isn't even top 10!
Poz is one of the few on this defense that has played well. 

But I agree with you here.

Perhaps you might be able to make an argument for top 10, but certainly not above those guys you listed.

Worst to 1st.  Curse Reversed!

So when do we get a Monday Night Football game...???

I ain't no monkey... I'm an ape. Banana

Quote:Please do tell, whats pathetic about national pride?

What does running out of a tunnel with a host nation's flag have to do with not being proud of your own country?

If something can corrupt you, you're corrupted already.
- Bob Marley

[Image: kiWL4mF.jpg]

This is a message board.  This is a message board for Jaguar fans to talk about the Jaguars.  In that sense, this thread is totally relevant.  Good job, OP. 

Quote:What does running out of a tunnel with a host nation's flag have to do with not being proud of your own country?

was responding to Tommy's "pathetic nationalism" comment. I simply said I didn't like it.

[Image: 5_RdfH.gif]

Quote:You and JaguarWoman should get together.
We actually tried to set her up on a blind date on here before with another board member.. Didn't go over well..

[Image: SaKG4.gif]

Quote:So when do we get a Monday Night Football game...???

When the Jags can stay in the game before kids bedtimes.
"Before you criticize a man, walk a mile in his shoes. That way, if he gets angry, he's a mile away and barefoot."

Quote:You and JaguarWoman should get together.
She is a hottie but Im married.

Quote:This is a message board.  This is a message board for Jaguar fans to talk about the Jaguars.  In that sense, this thread is totally relevant.  Good job, OP. 
Thank you Ron Burgundy!  :woot:

Quote:So when do we get a Monday Night Football game...???

You mean we arent going to play the Bucs on Monday night?

Quote:We actually tried to set her up on a blind date on here before with another board member.. Didn't go over well..

TMD wore too much glitter.

Never argue with idiots. They drag you down to their level and beat you with experience.
[Image: attachment.php?aid=59]

People that hate pie AND pancakes are the reason for this season