Create Account

Board Performance Issues We are aware of performance issues on the board and are working to resolve them! The board may be intermittently unavailable during this time. (May 07) x

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Jedd Fisch vs Niners

I'm not sold on Fisch just yet, and I've had a few complaints with his playbook and play calling. Still, I think a better QB and  (at least) two upgrades along the O-line will cure most of the offensive woes. 

However .....

I just watched the first half again. (niners game)   Fisch actually called the right stuff in those drives, IMO.  I didn't see any play calling  issues.  The drive before half time was great and likely would have been a TD if Blackmon didn't start running before actually catching the ball. 

(There were also 2 pass interference non-calls in that drive.  Lewis and Brown both suffered interference that wasn't flagged. )

In the second half - it is going to be tough to criticize play calling.  What do you call when you are trailing 28-3 and your line isn't pass protecting well?? (anyone notice how often Henne was on his back after passing?)   Not much you can do as an O-coordinator in that situation that's going to make you look smart. 

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

Fisch is a bum, yesterday's news.

Your beliefs become your thoughts,
Your thoughts become your words,
Your words become your actions,
Your actions become your habits,
Your habits become your values,
Your values become your destiny.

Quote:Fisch is a bum, yesterday's news.
Brilliant insight.  What were his mistakes yesterday? 

This detailed wiki page tells you everything you need to know about Fisch.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Jedd_Fisch

I agree.  While not sold on Fisch, this mess isn't his fault.  I'll hold judgement to see what he does with a decent QB and a functional offense.

Quote:Brilliant insight.  What were his mistakes yesterday? 
His play calling has been suspect all season long, do I really have to reiterate?

Your beliefs become your thoughts,
Your thoughts become your words,
Your words become your actions,
Your actions become your habits,
Your habits become your values,
Your values become your destiny.

Jags drive in the 3rd quarter which ended on and incompletion on 4th and goal was another well-called drive.  Henne missed the TD opportunity. 

I just don't like the designed running plays for Chad Henne.

<FONT face="Comic Sans MS" size=3><B><FONT face=Verdana color=#ff6600 size=4></FONT></B></FONT>

Quote:His play calling has been suspect all season long, do I really have to reiterate?
No you have just never specified.  (unless you did it in a thread that I never read)  Just sweeping generalizations are all I've seen.   Makes it tough to know if you have a valid opinion or if you are just bitter and haven't actually analyzed his play calling. 

If you take away one Justin Blackmon drop and Henne missing Brown for a TD - it's 24-28 with 3min to go in the 3rd quarter.   Kinda' hard to put that on Fisch, IMO. 

Quote:I just don't like the designed running plays for Chad Henne.
They've only actually done that a total of 4 times  -  but, yeah,  I would say that's 2 times too many.

I do wish Fisch would call run more frequently in the red zone. Not a fan of 3 consecutive pass plays on 1st and goal. That's my only gripe in the niners game with Fisch.  I thought he called a good game otherwise.  Take away 2 drops and 3 throwing errors by Henne and Jags could have easily scored 31 points in that game. 

To those who say his play calling has been suspect, can you give me some advice on what kind of headsets you're wearing to know the plays that are being called?

I'm not terribly thrilled by the way the offense has performed, but I don't claim to know what plays they're calling to be in a position to say whether or not it's the coach or the lack of talent executing the plays.  I tend to think it's a combination of both.  The reason I say this is the same people who are now saying Fisch is a bum called Koetter one as well.  He seems to be doing pretty well since leaving Jacksonville (barring injuries).

It seems to me talent has a tendency to make play calling better.

Never argue with idiots. They drag you down to their level and beat you with experience.
[Image: attachment.php?aid=59]

I agree....while Blaine Gabbert runs like he has dueling piano's on his back, Chad Henne runs as if someones juggling 3 pianos while on his back. 

Dirk koetter > Bill Musgrave > Fisch

Pretty much agree, Henne should never be running the ball. I'm not sold on Fisch yet but I'm willing to give him more time. The offense has improved the last few weeks so hopefully it will continue doing so.

"Sucess Is Not a Goal, It is a By-product"

My opinion is that lack of execution is a far bigger problem than play calling at this point. Henne's redzone throws were absolutley atrocious yesterday, and a pattern is definitely emerging there. And when he does make a nice throw down there our WRs seem to bungle 50% of them.

However, I scratched my head a bit at the Chad Henne read option play near the goaline.