Create Account

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Case Keenum to start vs. Colts

Quote:There's that moron again..

So how did Kevin Walter have 900 yards and 8 TDs with Schaub just being a game manager and checking down to TEs and RBs and when he did look for a WR he only looked for Andre?  Please explain...

You simply don't know what the hell you're talking about. (which was obvious when you compared him to Gabbert.. who even when completely healthy can't play worth anything)  Schaub was a good QB, but through injury (which you know nothing about) those days are over

Blackmon and Cecil Shorts had that kind of production last year with Gabbert and Henne throwing to them and no Johnson to take all the coverages to his side.

What's your point?

Schaub was never good, that's why you guys were able to get in him trade. Teams don't trade great QBs.

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

(This post was last modified: 11-04-2013, 10:50 PM by Trindon Holliday.)

Quote:Blackmon and Cecil Shorts had that kind of production last year with Gabbert and Henne throwing to them and no Johnson to take all the coverages to his side.

What's your point?

Schaub was never good, that's why you guys were able to get in him trade. Teams don't trade great QBs.

Nice try.. 

The point was never that Blackmon or Cecil Shorts had or didn't have the kind of production of Walter..

The point was.. Walter (who's not even really in the league any more..) was able to have that kind of production despite playing (in your eyes) with a QB where he's was just a  3rd or 4th option since "all Schaub did was check down to RBs and TEs and throw to Andre"

.. if Blackmon or Shorts were the 3rd of 4th options and put up that kind of production you might have a argument.

Schaub was a good QB and there's a difference between was and never was.  Even on a chronic bad wheel though, he still never was as awful as Blame Gabbert who is a "never was".

Without diving deeper into the "Teams don't trade great QBs" comment.. Schaub wasn't great, but he wasn't trash either, and let's not pretend teams haven't traded "great QBs" before..  I can think of one who was traded from the very same team Schaub came from

To say Schaub was never good is ridiculous IMO.

Schaub was never great, nor elite. He was a good QB at one point, however. 

Now? He's bad. With that being said, I'd take Schaub 1000x over Gabbert. Gabbert is one of the worst QBs to ever be taken in the first round.

Quote:To say Schaub was never good is ridiculous IMO.

Now? He's bad. With that being said, I'd take Schaub 1000x over Gabbert. Gabbert is one of the worst QBs to ever be taken in the first round.

yea yea rub it in man rub it in.............

[Image: 5_RdfH.gif]

Matt Schaub was a good QB for a fair few years. I certainly would have had him on the jags and would bet many other teams would have been happy to have him too

Quote:yea yea rub it in man rub it in.............

Hey, I didn't bring it up... Your friendly Jag member did Smile

To say that Schaub is better than Gabbert is so redundantly obvious its ridiculous.

Also, to say that the Texans have found their QB of the future based on a few flashy games from an undrafted QB…well, we've seen this story before.  I'll let the season play out 

Gene's Myth

Quote:To say that Schaub is better than Gabbert is so redundantly obvious its ridiculous.

Also, to say that the Texans have found their QB of the future based on a few flashy games from an undrafted QB…well, we've seen this story before. I'll let the season play out

I'll give you that. Didn't Quinn Gray have a 300 yard game before?
"Before you criticize a man, walk a mile in his shoes. That way, if he gets angry, he's a mile away and barefoot."

How case keep'em looking, texans fans?

Guess who was right again. Me.

Quote:How case keep'em looking, texans fans?

Guess who was right again. Me.

You need a trip to punctuation land.

I'm trying to make myself more informed and less opinionated.

Stop saying whatever stupid thing you're talking about and pay attention to all the interesting things I have to say!

Quote:To say Schaub was never good is ridiculous IMO.

Yeah, he is.  Of his 5 wins, 3 of them came against one team.  SMH.

I was wrong about Trent Baalke. 

Quote:Disagree. He is undrafted for a reason. Once they get more tape on him he will look undrafted.

Just had to toot my horn and repost.

Quote:Just had to toot my horn and repost.
Tootie Frutti!

60% of the time, It works Everytime...

[Image: BS5hg.jpg][Image: m5Lb.jpg][Image: 5YnyA.jpg][Image: U2VW7.jpg]

(This post was last modified: 11-25-2013, 05:46 PM by Trindon Holliday.)

Quote:Just had to toot my horn and repost.

yep, luckily his receivers decided to drop passes on the last drive huh?

BTW.. he's already proven he should've been drafted.  Hell if Gabbert can be taken in the top ten, Keenum should've been drafted.  toot..toot

Quote:yep, luckily his receivers decided to drop passes on the last drive huh?

BTW.. he's already proven he should've been drafted.  Hell if Gabbert can be taken in the top ten, Keenum should've been drafted.  toot..toot

That'd poor logic.  

Heck, Brian Anger got drafted in the 3rd.  Guess that means Marquette King should've been drafted.  Toot.  Toot.

(This post was last modified: 11-25-2013, 06:10 PM by Trindon Holliday.)

Quote:That'd poor logic.  

Heck, Brian Anger got drafted in the 3rd.  Guess that means Marquette King should've been drafted.  Toot.  Toot.

LOL, nobody drafts a punter in the 3rd round (oh wait, the Jags did)...

We were able to get a signal caller caller who is light years ahead of that 3rd round pick and the guy you took ahead of J.J. Watt.

toot.. toot

Quote:LOL, nobody drafts a punter in the 3rd round (oh wait, the Jags did)... toot.. toot

Gene Smith did, you mean.  And Gene Smith drafted Blaine Gabbert.

(Really hope you guys look into him as your next GM by the way.  He's great, trust us.)

Quote:Gene Smith did, you mean.  And Gene Smith drafted Blaine Gabbert.

(Really hope you guys look into him as your next GM by the way.  He's great, trust us.)

yeah that's not going to happen.  luckily TMD isn't running this team.

Quote:Hey, I didn't bring it up... Your friendly Jag member did Smile

Admit it you took pleasure in typing it :yes:

[Image: 5_RdfH.gif]