Create Account

Board Performance Issues We are aware of performance issues on the board and are working to resolve them! The board may be intermittently unavailable during this time. (May 07) x

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
I hope this game silences all the "winning moralists" out there...

(This post was last modified: 10-28-2013, 08:22 AM by Jagsrockmysox25.)

Quote:A couple of hypotheticals:

1)  Belicheck and Brady, both getting up in years, grow increasingly desperate for a WR to help them get their one last ring.  Before Tuesday's trade deadline, they offer a 1 and a 2 for Blackmon.  Do you take the deal?

2)  Instead of trading for Blackmon, they trade a 2 for Josh Gordon, giving the Browns 2 1sts and 2 2nds.  Next May, Cleveland offers both 1sts and a 2 to move up.  Do you take the deal?

Would your answer to either change if you knew somehow the Jaguars would somehow cobble together enough wins to not pick first overall?
In my opinion, i would not trade Blackmon. I think he is that good. Hypothetically though, 1 and 2 would be tempting. 

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

Quote:It's because of the Dakota philosphy that the Jags are in the shape we're in.  Meanwhile, the Colts are sitting pretty and are set for the next 10-15 years with their franchise QB. 

If only we had lost that game...
Its really an easy concept on why most of us want us to lose the rest of the reason. We want to be the next Colts. Suck 1 whole season horribly, be set for 10 15 years with the next franchise QB. Sure, theres no guarantee a player x will work out with the 1st pick, but you cant be scared to draft a QB. Our past regimes created that nightmare. If the player does not work out, you move on and continue the process. 

QB driven league. Franchise QB will be a 180 degree turn from this year. Will i say playoffs next year? No, but we will be competitive with a franchise QB. 

If you're going to be bad, be really bad. We don't want average. Be good or bad. Average just increases blind optimism.

Quote:I hope this game silences all of you "we root for the Jags to win no matter what" moralists out there.  And at this point, if you still want the Jags to win a single game, you need to get your head check.  To save me from having my Sunday headache from watching this train wreck of a team, I wish there was a way to forfeit the rest of the season already.

And for the love of everything that is football, please WIN a game, Tampa Bay!

Agree 100%

Quote:If you're going to be bad, be really bad. We don't want average. Be good or bad. Average just increases blind optimism.
It's all about the QB and the best way (not the only way but the best way) is to get a high draft pick. Being middle of the road at 6-10 or 7-9 gets you no where.

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

Quote:It's because of the Dakota philosphy that the Jags are in the shape we're in.  Meanwhile, the Colts are sitting pretty and are set for the next 10-15 years with their franchise QB. 

If only we had lost that game...

We still wouldn't have gotten Luck had we lost that game....but the Colts wouldn't have him right now....and just that would have been worth it. 

Quote:If the Jags lost that game, St. Louis would have taken Luck, Indy would get RG3, the Jags would have taken Blackmon without trading a 4th rounf pick, and could have waited an extra round to take Anger. Maybe the Jags take Wilson.

Maybe, the Jags coaching was/is so bad that Wilson would never amount to anything in that scenario.

Good point....and one that few give credence to. 

Quote:A couple of hypotheticals:

1)  Belicheck and Brady, both getting up in years, grow increasingly desperate for a WR to help them get their one last ring.  Before Tuesday's trade deadline, they offer a 1 and a 2 for Blackmon.  Do you take the deal?

2)  Instead of trading for Blackmon, they trade a 2 for Josh Gordon, giving the Browns 2 1sts and 2 2nds.  Next May, Cleveland offers both 1sts and a 2 to move up.  Do you take the deal?

Would your answer to either change if you knew somehow the Jaguars would somehow cobble together enough wins to not pick first overall?

1. No way. Not enough for me. 

2. If its for Bridgewater, no. If its for pick 2? then yes. 

Quote:If you're going to be bad, be really bad. We don't want average. Be good or bad. Average just increases blind optimism.

Totally agree.