Create Account

Board Performance Issues We are aware of performance issues on the board and are working to resolve them! The board may be intermittently unavailable during this time. (May 07) x

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Changes Coming?

Quote:I noticed late in the game that Brewster was in. Was he in the whole time or did Rackley get pulled?

Rackley suffered a concussion.
"Before you criticize a man, walk a mile in his shoes. That way, if he gets angry, he's a mile away and barefoot."

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

Quote:I dont know what changes they could really make at this half way point that would help much? I dont see us trading nor do i want us to trade for anyone. Just collect the picks and make some moves come draft time...
Stanzi at QB....Brewster on the O-line..hard to believe the young guys on the practice squad could play any worse than we have seen the last few weeks!

This was pretty much expected (by me) today. The Jaguars are not at a place to compete with that talented of a roster consistantly. I'm willing to give Bradley more than one season, I don't think anyone would be doing a ton better with the hand that was dealt. As I said the clock starts when we draft Teddy. That's when it's time to truly build and find out what Dave and Gus are made of.

I don't blame anyone for being upset or having a different opinion than me. This is how I partly view things. I'm all for Stanzi time after the bye but I'd be ok with Henne/Blaine.

Quote:Rackley suffered a concussion.
LOL This makes me laugh.  Lineman suffering "Concussions".     They are faking so they don't have to play.

why do we still have the same scouts after all these years? I remember reading that Caldwell is keeping the previous regime's scouts intact for the 2013 draft. I wonder if he got any of his own guys or if we're still relying on scouts who have contributed to horrible drafts year after year.

<FONT face="Comic Sans MS" size=3><B><FONT face=Verdana color=#ff6600 size=4></FONT></B></FONT>

This dumpster fire of a season will be a complete failure if we don't ensure ourselves to get the #1 pick...not #2 or #3...number 1.  I don't care if we have to put Scobee, Poz, MJD, Blackmon, Shorts all on IR...we better do whatever is necessary to get the #1 pick.  No more of this garbage we are going to win for "pride" act.  Last time we did that we handed Luck on a platter to Indy.  This years dumpster fire deserves lighter fluid, not water....

Unfortunately Tampa is giving quite the challenge and they have a tough second half schedule and ours gets easier. 

60% of the Time...It works everytime...

They shook up the scouting staff (at least some of it) after the draft

What changes could there possibly be? lol

Quote:At this point just what can you change?

We are what we are, a young team with a lot of new players and two qbs that are terrible.

I think we should give stanzi and scott some playing  time, maybe let lame or garbageman (hopefully they're gone next season) start and the others rotate in the second half every other game.

What ever would make the losing a little more entertaining and give the new guys experience.

cut Roy Miller

trade Babin for one poop

bench Meester

start Matt Scott or Stanzi

trade MJD for something....

that would be a good start to change

Tomorrow cut or trade:  32, 42, 58, 63, 65, 89, 93.

Probably some others too.

Gabbert will start after the bye as a result of winning back the job in practice.

Just like I said he would in another thread, about 3 times in fact.

He will throw for a couple hundred yards, a TD, and a pick-6.  It will probably not be enough to win.

Well, you're right, I guess that's not change.

Quote:Gabbert will start after the bye as a result of winning back the job in practice.

Just like I said he would in another thread, about 3 times in fact.

He will throw for a couple hundred yards, a TD, and a pick-6. It will probably not be enough to win.

Well, you're right, I guess that's not change.

You forgot to mention that he will have 30-40 yards at halftime, 8-15 in the third quarter, and 150 in the fourth.

Quote:cut Roy Miller

trade Babin for one poop

bench Meester

start Matt Scott or Stanzi

trade MJD for something....

that would be a good start to change

You forgot one. 

Send Alualu home on the first flight to Hawaii or where ever he is from.  Dude is god awful. 

Quote:This was pretty much expected (by me) today. The Jaguars are not at a place to compete with that talented of a roster consistantly. I'm willing to give Bradley more than one season, I don't think anyone would be doing a ton better with the hand that was dealt. As I said the clock starts when we draft Teddy. That's when it's time to truly build and find out what Dave and Gus are made of.

I don't blame anyone for being upset or having a different opinion than me. This is how I partly view things. I'm all for Stanzi time after the bye but I'd be ok with Henne/Blaine.
I can't agree here.  Does our talent much up with any other team out there?  Of course not.  However, the general lack of discipline, unpreparedness, bad play calling, and lack of player development, is all on the coaches and they are most definitely not getting it done.  There is no way this coaching staff is showing to be any better than Mularkey and his at this point.

Quote:They shook up the scouting staff (at least some of it) after the draft
Not really...and Oehser said that the Scouting staff is well respected around the league.  So either G Smith was truly that horrible or the scouting staff really isn't that good.  I'm afraid that the scouting staff may really not be that good.

Robinson at QB. Since every other read option qp we played demolished us. why not try it.
Bleeding Teal since 1995. The Icon Teal Time Radio aka ctjags

#Gojags

Quote:I can't agree here. Does our talent much up with any other team out there? Of course not. However, the general lack of discipline, unpreparedness, bad play calling, and lack of player development, is all on the coaches and they are most definitely not getting it done. There is no way this coaching staff is showing to be any better than Mularkey and his at this point.

I've argue against Jedd Fisch on offense for a long time now. He's not working, the play calling (especially situational play calling) has been horrendous. I'd be fine with them wishing him the best in his next adventure and letting him go right now. The offensive staff needs someone that has more NFL experience. I think that is important when you have a defensive minded head coach.

Babich was disappointing for me too. Shakeups will need to be made on Bradley's staff come next offseason. The coaching overall so far has been sub-par. It's easier for me to see on offense, it's been too bad not to notice.

(This post was last modified: 10-27-2013, 06:37 PM by Scarecrow.)

Quote:Robinson at QB. Since every other read option qp we played demolished us. why not try it.
Because he isn't a QB. This has been explained to you, in detail, at least a dozen times now.

Denard needs to learn his true position. No need to play him out of his future NFL position.

Quote:Robinson at QB. Since every other read option qp we played demolished us. why not try it.

No.
"Before you criticize a man, walk a mile in his shoes. That way, if he gets angry, he's a mile away and barefoot."

Quote:LOL This makes me laugh. Lineman suffering "Concussions". They are faking so they don't have to play.

Tell me you're not this dumb.