Create Account

Board Performance Issues We are aware of performance issues on the board and are working to resolve them! The board may be intermittently unavailable during this time. (May 07) x

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Khan and getting embarassed on International stage

Quote:Owning a good team > Owning a terrible team
Just ask any of his buds in the club.

Most of them have owned both.

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

Quote:Owning a good team > Owning a terrible team

Still better than not owning a team at all!!
What in the Wide Wide World of Sports is agoin' on here???

So, what I am hearing is it was Khans intent to only own a team and he is fine with that no matter how bad they might be. Makes sense. Being in the "fraternity of men" is the most important thing.

"open the checkbook"?  i would not count on it, but possible

Alright folks, I wasn't trying to put Khan down or imply that he should feel bad about owning the Jaguars.

I simply mean he's not proud of their performance. No amount of money should make a man who owns an NFL team feel better about the team's performance just because he's rich.

Quote:So, what I am hearing is it was Khans intent to only own a team and he is fine with that no matter how bad they might be. Makes sense. Being in the "fraternity of men" is the most important thing.

Only because that is what you want to hear, because that's not what anyone was saying.

Quote:So, what I am hearing is it was Khans intent to only own a team and he is fine with that no matter how bad they might be. Makes sense. Being in the "fraternity of men" is the most important thing.

What I'm saying is that Shahid Khan is a patient man with realistic expectations that is happy as hell to have an NFL team, and regardless of his disappointment in their play, is not going to let it affect his performance as the owner of this and other sports clubs and companies.

Everything about the man exudes class.  Unlike this dumb topic.

This thread started off shaky and is going down hill fast.

Quote:This thread started off shaky and is going down hill fast.

Just like the Jags!! :thumbsup:

Quote:Just like the Jags!! :thumbsup:

Don't you mean Jaguras?

Quote:Don't you mean Jaguras?

Maybe they were spelling it phonetically the way the English pronounce it? :whistling:

Dude has worked for years trying to get into the NFL circle and buy a team, and when he finally gets one its an Arena league team. He's embarassed, regardless if he wipes his [BLEEP] with $100 bills

Quote:Dude has worked for years trying to get into the NFL circle and buy a team, and when he finally gets one its an Arena league team. He's embarassed, regardless if he wipes his [BLEEP] with $100 bills

I truly believe that men at the level of Khan don't get embarrased any more. It's wasted effort, effort that could be spent fixing the problem.

This team has virtually no chance of winning a game this year and regular joes on a message board think he's not embarrassed only because he has some money. Yeah ok.

Quote:Is it really fair to say Caldwell built this house?

It is mostly Gene Smith's construction still, but Caldwell has been very active in gutting and turning over the roster this year.  I give him some credit.

Quote:I truly believe that men at the level of Khan don't get embarrased any more. It's wasted effort, effort that could be spent fixing the problem.

Maybe they'd understand it better in Dutch.

Quote:This team has virtually no chance of winning a game this year and regular joes on a message board think he's not embarrassed only because he has some money. Yeah ok.

It's not the money, it's the type of personality that lends itself to achievement on a grand scale unapproachable by regular joes on a message board.  Look above to what DF said, reflect on it a while, and you may realize why this thread is asinine.  And before you say it, yes, I realize I was stupid enough to post in it too.

Quote:As a guy with tens of hundreds in the bank. Trust me... mo money mo problems.

That is sooo funny.

Gut buster.

Quote:I am sure Shad is not too pleased about his team and city being embarrassed on an International stage. Hopefully this will make him open up the checkbook next year.

He's embarrassed all the way to the bank.  85k were at the game today to watch that garbage on the field.  He had sponsors for all the events, and sponsorship money inside the stadium.  I'm sure he's just devastated.

Never argue with idiots. They drag you down to their level and beat you with experience.
[Image: attachment.php?aid=59]

Khan has more money than he could possibly ever spend.  Men like him are motivated by power and achievement.  Trust me, he's not happy with the state of the Jaguars, but it's going to take at least 2 years to get rid of the bad contracts Gene Smith got the team into, and at least 3-4 years to build the team through the draft. 

Better to deal with an 0-16 season now than perpetual 4-12 seasons for eternity...

Quote:He's embarrassed all the way to the bank.  85k were at the game today to watch that garbage on the field.  He had sponsors for all the events, and sponsorship money inside the stadium.  I'm sure he's just devastated.
Respectfully disagree. He can't be a happy man right now.