Create Account

Board Performance Issues We are aware of performance issues on the board and are working to resolve them! The board may be intermittently unavailable during this time. (May 07) x

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
It's officially FSU-Miami week

Quote:Talk is cheap.......we will see what happend on Saturday.......pretty sure we will make the trip and play the game...it was nice to see Oregon back as #2 in the BCS...
It won't be for long...After we throttle the Canes,   and Stanford beats them next Thurs night....It will end up FSU / Alabama in the Natl.  Championship game.

FSU is BACK on top.    The bounty of recruits that we reap this season with them wanting to play with Jameis,   and for Jimbo is so great.

We doing it BIG....Florida State bringing that SWAG back in 2013!!!!    

<p style="text-align:center;"> 

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

Quote:No worries over here as a Miami alumni.  FSU will find a way to choke against the Canes as they typically do.  Prep yourself for Wide Right 3 or is it 4 by now?
Stop reliving the 80's....Stephen Morris will throw at least 3 int's....struggling against NC,  and Wake Forest.

The Canes truly is a bottom top 25 team right now.  I'm glad you're ranked as high as you are...We need style points to jump Oregon again.  After we destroy you next week,  We're going to destroy you again in the ACC Championship game if you can beat Duke...LOL and Va. Tech.

Quote:Honestly, who cares? The whole "you can't say us and we" thing is so stupid.
Yeah, that stuff is pretty dumb.

"YOU DIDN'T GO TO SAID SCHOOL SO YOU CAIN'T BE ROOTIN' FOR THEM BUDDY! YOU SUCK!"

60% of the time, It works Everytime...

[Image: BS5hg.jpg][Image: m5Lb.jpg][Image: 5YnyA.jpg][Image: U2VW7.jpg]

Quote:what is with the "us" and "we" stuff? do you play for FSU?

Really?

Quote:No worries over here as a Miami alumni.  FSU will find a way to choke against the Canes as they typically do.  Prep yourself for Wide Right 3 or is it 4 by now?

Right, like we have the last three years. Oh wait...

You better hope like hell Miami can run the ball, because if you have to rely on Stephen Morris to win this game, Miami is screwed.

Quote:Stop reliving the 80's....

LOL. You're talking to Miami fans here. All they can do is live in the past.

Quote:LOL. You're talking to Miami fans here. All they can do is live in the past.
I almost forgot...LOL..... Where's Vinny Testeverde?

One year it was wide left.

(This post was last modified: 10-28-2013, 09:47 AM by navyguy.)

Quote:It won't be for long...After we throttle the Canes,   and Stanford beats them next Thurs night....It will end up FSU / Alabama in the Natl.  Championship game.

FSU is BACK on top.    The bounty of recruits that we reap this season with them wanting to play with Jameis,   and for Jimbo is so great.
Wide right..wide right ...wide left..FSU is back??????? I guess when we have our last beer Saturday night we will see.  I just hope all the people who are predicting a blowout on Sunday are  here on Sunday to take their medicine if that does not happen.......we all know they won't be. If the 'Canes play well and give it a go then I am way alright with that!  OBTW I am probably one of the few here that actually graduated from the university I support.

Quote:Wide right..wide right ...wide left..FSU is back??????? I guess when we have our last beer Saturday night we will see.  I just hope all the people who are predicting a blowout on Sunday are  here on Sunday to take their medicine if that does not happen.......we all know they won't be. If the 'Canes play well and give it a go then I am way alright with that!  OBTW I am probably one of the few here that actually graduated from the university I support.

So if we don't blow Miami out, are you already claiming that moral victory?

Great to see the office environment and sports bars getting filled up with Garnett & Gold once again.

Quote:So if we don't blow Miami out, are you already claiming that moral victory?
I dont believe in "moral victory". All a fan can reasonably ask is their team to give max effort and play their very best.  So as long as we meet those parameters then not much else a fan can demand from a team. The refs will do what they do and neither team can control that, the ball will bounce strangely and no one can control that.  If we play our very best game and it is not enough, I will be unhappy...for about 30 minutes and then get on with my life.  We will either win or not on Saturday..moral victories are for the PC knuckleheads who think we should not keep score in the first place. 

The way FSU is playing, I think the only kicks are going to be extra points.  Miami's strength (RB) goes right into the strength of the FSU defense.  Miami's weakness (DBs) is going directly into the heart of the FSU strength (QB/WRs).  The best part of this game (for the national viewing audience) is going to be the pre-game and 1st quarter.

Quote:LOL. You're talking to Miami fans here. All they can do is live in the past.

I mean...I'm not trying to enter this fight but I feel I must point out that FSU has accomplished nothing while the U was struggling too. Also..Miami's last national championship was in 2001. When was FSU's again?

Live long and prosper \\// [Image: 660e5a470556a0f21a991347940d77c860f8c9a5.jpg]

(This post was last modified: 10-28-2013, 02:00 PM by jtmoney.)

Quote:I mean...I'm not trying to enter this fight but I feel I must point out that FSU has accomplished nothing while the U was struggling too. Also..Miami's last national championship was in 2001. When was FSU's again?

You'll have to keep hanging on to that after this weekend. Dust off those old tapes.

Quote:You'll have to keep hanging on to that after this weekend. Dust off those old tapes.

Lol you guys are too much. Yeah, yeah we've been terrible. I don't want to feel old. Stop it. 

Live long and prosper \\// [Image: 660e5a470556a0f21a991347940d77c860f8c9a5.jpg]

Quote:Lol you guys are too much. Yeah, yeah we've been terrible. I don't want to feel old. Stop it. 
I have a good feeling about this week-end..it will be a good measurement of how far along we really are.  Either way I would rather lose by 100 and be a Miami alum than admit I went to FSU....just one mans humble opinion

Quote:I have a good feeling about this week-end..it will be a good measurement of how far along we really are.  Either way I would rather lose by 100 and be a Miami alum than admit I went to FSU....just one mans humble opinion

bu dum dum chhhh...  Whatever makes you feel better about losing to the Noles.

Quote:Lol you guys are too much. Yeah, yeah we've been terrible. I don't want to feel old. Stop it. 

You aren't terrible this year, but you are no match for FSU and the Legend that is Famous Jameis.  You'll be a part of his history this weekend.  Embrace it.  

Quote:bu dum dum chhhh...  Whatever makes you feel better about losing to the Noles.
Nothing makes me feel good about losing......just we are a much better academic institution...