Create Account

Board Performance Issues We are aware of performance issues on the board and are working to resolve them! The board may be intermittently unavailable during this time. (May 07) x

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
It's officially FSU-Miami week

Quote:It won't be for long...After we throttle the Canes,   and Stanford beats them next Thurs night....It will end up FSU / Alabama in the Natl.  Championship game.

FSU is BACK on top.    The bounty of recruits that we reap this season with them wanting to play with Jameis,   and for Jimbo is so great.

Back on top of what?  The ACC?  It that supposed to be considered a great accomplishment?

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

Quote:I mean...I'm not trying to enter this fight but I feel I must point out that FSU has accomplished nothing while the U was struggling too. Also..Miami's last national championship was in 2001. When was FSU's again?

I love when Miami fans say FSU has accomplished nothing in the same time span that Miami has sucked just to make it look like the programs are comparable. We've played for three ACC titles, won two ACC titles (nothing spectacular), and played in two Orange Bowls since you entered the ACC. Miami hasn't even made it to the ACC Championship game.

And there's a two year difference between our last national title and Miami's. Congrats.

Quote:Nothing makes me feel good about losing......just we are a much better academic institution...

Ummm, okay.  We are talking about football, right?  

Quote:Back on top of what?  The ACC?  It that supposed to be considered a great accomplishment?

Well we are very much in the NT race, but we will see how it plays out.  It isn't just the ACC, it is the national perception.  FSU looks like the FSU of the 90's.  So back on top of the football landscape and in the hearts and minds of college fans nationally.  

Quote:I love when Miami fans say FSU has accomplished nothing in the same time span that Miami has sucked just to make it look like the programs are comparable. We've played for three ACC titles, won two ACC titles (nothing spectacular), and played in two Orange Bowls since you entered the ACC. Miami hasn't even made it to the ACC Championship game.

And there's a two year difference between our last national title and Miami's. Congrats.

Let rachel have her memories of old because the new memories that will take place on Saturday aren't going to be very good.

Quote:Let rachel have her memories of old because the new memories that will take place on Saturday aren't going to be very good.
2 national championships all time..hmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm I think Rachel will be just fine on Saturday. We know it will take our best game to win....you guys are like the people who work for me that love telling me how smart they are..if you have to tell me maybe it is because you don't believe it...maybe you need to keep saying you will win by 30 because you don't really believe it..just a passing thought

Quote:2 national championships all time..hmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm I think Rachel will be just fine on Saturday. We know it will take our best game to win....you guys are like the people who work for me that love telling me how smart they are..if you have to tell me maybe it is because you don't believe it...maybe you need to keep saying you will win by 30 because you don't really believe it..just a passing thought

You only prove my point.  Like I said, you might as well watch old game of miami during the real game Saturday.  

Didn't you just tell us how smart you were graduating from the academic power house that is the university of miami?   

Quote:You only prove my point.  Like I said, you might as well watch old game of miami during the real game Saturday.  

Didn't you just tell us how smart you were graduating from the academic power house that is the university of miami?   
I said it is a better school...lol I learned long ago never to claim to be smart....let people figure that out for themselves.  You can try to twist what I say if that will make you feel all better..... Like I have said we will see what happens on saturday....

Quote:No worries over here as a Miami alumni.  FSU will find a way to choke against the Canes as they typically do.  Prep yourself for Wide Right 3 or is it 4 by now?

I'm a Miami fan and think you're nuts. 

This year should make it 4 years running with a Florida State victory in this "rivalry."  

Quote:I love when Miami fans say FSU has accomplished nothing in the same time span that Miami has sucked just to make it look like the programs are comparable. We've played for three ACC titles, won two ACC titles (nothing spectacular), and played in two Orange Bowls since you entered the ACC. Miami hasn't even made it to the ACC Championship game.

Honestly, I don't think Miami is going to win either. But the ACC was pretty weak during that time period, so I don't think you'd get much traction against the Gator fans with that one. 

As for the national title thing...I only mentioned it because you said Miami fans just live in the past. We won a national title more recently than you did. It's just a fact. 

Look, I don't hate on FSU. I would totally root for them if they were playing in the national title game, or really any bowl game the Canes aren't in. I can't say exactly the same for the Gators, but I would still probably root for them in a NC game as well. 

Miami is coming back. FSU is obviously coming back. It's good when all three teams are doing well...even better when the Gators are #3. Wink

Live long and prosper \\// [Image: 660e5a470556a0f21a991347940d77c860f8c9a5.jpg]

The Mad Dog is my new homie []_[]

Quote:I said it is a better school...lol I learned long ago never to claim to be smart....let people figure that out for themselves.  You can try to twist what I say if that will make you feel all better..... Like I have said we will see what happens on saturday....

Yes we will.

Quote:I'm a Miami fan and think you're nuts. 

Perhaps I drink the Orange and Green Kool-Aid on saturdays and the Teal on Sundays.

Section 214. Go Canes!

Quote:Honestly, I don't think Miami is going to win either. But the ACC was pretty weak during that time period, so I don't think you'd get much traction against the Gator fans with that one. 

As for the national title thing...I only mentioned it because you said Miami fans just live in the past. We won a national title more recently than you did. It's just a fact. 

Look, I don't hate on FSU. I would totally root for them if they were playing in the national title game, or really any bowl game the Canes aren't in. I can't say exactly the same for the Gators, but I would still probably root for them in a NC game as well. 

Miami is coming back. FSU is obviously coming back. It's good when all three teams are doing well...even better when the Gators are #3. Wink

The best thing about this game, is that it is relevant once again.  

Section 214. Go Canes!

Quote:Perhaps I drink the Orange and Green Kool-Aid on saturdays and the Teal on Sundays.

Get yo drank on.

60% of the time, It works Everytime...

[Image: BS5hg.jpg][Image: m5Lb.jpg][Image: 5YnyA.jpg][Image: U2VW7.jpg]

Nole fans are the worst. All of them.

The Raiders and Steelers fans of CFB.

Quote:I think Bridgewater at 3 is better value than Mack at 3, yes.

<div> 
LOLOLOLOLOLOLOL. Clown.
</div>

Quote:Nole fans are the worst. All of them.

The Raiders and Steelers fans of CFB.

The Raiders and Steelers fans of college football? How dumb are you?

Quote:all of a sudden these nole kids think nobody deserves to be on the same field. nole fans are the worst.

IMO anyone who has confidence in their team especially with the way the Nole (for example) are playing would feel the same way. You can go to Bama, Oregon or Ohio State's boards and see the same exact material right about now.

Whether someone has a liberal, or conservative viewpoint, a authoritative figure should not lock a thread for the sole purpose to get the last word in all the while prohibiting someone else from being able to respond.

Quote:The Raiders and Steelers fans of college football? How dumb are you?

Its past his bed time.

Whether someone has a liberal, or conservative viewpoint, a authoritative figure should not lock a thread for the sole purpose to get the last word in all the while prohibiting someone else from being able to respond.