Create Account

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Mariota vs Hundley game watching party topic

Mariota looks terrible. Will be a reach in the 1st round.

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

Manziel over Mariota.

Quote:Manziel over Mariota.

I don't want any of them after Bridgewater. 

If we get #2 pick, what do you suggest we do then?

(This post was last modified: 10-26-2013, 08:56 PM by The Mad Dog.)

Quote:If we get #2 pick, what do you suggest we do then?

Clowney or trade down (preferably trade down)

Quote:Clowney or trade down (preferably trade down)

what do you think it would take to move from 2 to 1?

Quote:what do you think it would take to move from 2 to 1?

I wouldn't give next years 1st rounder to do it, thats for sure. I don't like trading up, unless its for a tiny price like what we paid to move up to get Blackmon. (4th rounder, right?)

Quote:If we get #2 pick, what do you suggest we do then?
Trade down, accumulate picks build what we need.  then next year trade into 1st pick and take winston.

Quote:Trade down, accumulate picks build what we need.  then next year trade into 1st pick and take winston.

Is Winston that much better than Bridgewater though, or is it just that Winston has better talent around him?

Quote:Trade down, accumulate picks build what we need. then next year trade into 1st pick and take winston.
Whoever owns the first pick next year isn't going to pass up on Winston, so you can forget about trading up for him.

Honestly there is too much value in the top 5 picks this year I hope we don't trade back. If we don't take a QB you gotta go for Clowney or Barr unless another team is willing to give up the farm.

Quote:Honestly there is too much value in the top 5 picks this year I hope we don't trade back. If we don't take a QB you gotta go for Clowney or Barr unless another team is willing to give up the farm.

Barr might be a 3-4 OLB in the pro's, though. 

Quote:Barr might be a 3-4 OLB in the pro's, though. 
aka LEO, exactly what we need

Quote:Is Winston that much better than Bridgewater though, or is it just that Winston has better talent around him?
He has better talents around him, but he also faces much tougher competition than Bridgewater. Consider that he is a freshman and has surpassed the ridiculous amount of hype surrounding him, factor in his physical attributes and potential, he's a consensus #1 pick right now if he could declare.

As you've already know, I'm a Teddy guy. Hypothetically, if Winston could declare this year, no one would even talk about Mariota, Clowney or Bridgewater.

Quote:He has better talents around him, but he also faces much tougher competition than Bridgewater. Consider that he is a freshman and has surpassed the ridiculous amount of hype surrounding him, factor in his physical attributes and potential, he's a consensus #1 pick right now if he could declare.

As you've already know, I'm a Teddy guy. Hypothetically, if Winston could declare this year, no one would even talk about Mariota, Clowney or Bridgewater.

you couldn't be more wrong.

Quote:aka LEO, exactly what we need

I don't think I'd take Barr ahead of Clowney. 

They both should stay in school if you ask me 

Mariota is gonna leave a be a huge bust, unless Chip Kelly drafts him

Hundley and Mariota need time to develop, Mariota is 19 and Hundley is playing with a bunch of true freshmen on the OL

Remember the Gabbert excuses for how young he was, I dont want that crap again

<B><FONT color=cyan>Jags this is your year</FONT></B>

Quote:He has better talents around him, but he also faces much tougher competition than Bridgewater. Consider that he is a freshman and has surpassed the ridiculous amount of hype surrounding him, factor in his physical attributes and potential, he's a consensus #1 pick right now if he could declare.

I hear ya, but I wonder how much better Bridgewater himself would be looking right now if he was on that Florida St team...

Quote:They both should stay in school if you ask me 

Mariota is gonna leave a be a huge bust, unless Chip Kelly drafts him

Hundley and Mariota need time to develop, Mariota is 19 and Hundley is playing with a bunch of true freshmen on the OL

Remember the Gabbert excuses for how young he was, I dont want that crap again

I agree with this. 

(This post was last modified: 10-26-2013, 09:19 PM by J-Mizzal.)

Quote:Is Winston that much better than Bridgewater though, or is it just that Winston has better talent around him?
Thats a great question, to me they are very similar, one plays for the big program and younger other then that nobody has a clue who would turn out better. 

Winston is great and all but lets hold up on the consensus number 1, he still has to play Miami's defense, Gators defense and maybe VT defense, those all will be far better defenses he has every faced in his life.

If he shreds them then I would say he yes put him over anybody in this years draft

<B><FONT color=cyan>Jags this is your year</FONT></B>