Create Account

Board Performance Issues We are aware of performance issues on the board and are working to resolve them! The board may be intermittently unavailable during this time. (May 07) x

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Mariota vs Hundley game watching party topic

Quote:Kevin Hogan > AJ McCarron
Actually, the pundits have easily 8 QBs ahead of McCarron, just like they had so many ahead of Wilson.  They probably have Hogan ahead of him too.  So you are in with the in crowd.

The in crowd doesn't seem to mind a few extra interceptions and a lesser completion percentage against lesser opponents. 

How the hell did this turn into a McCarron thread when all we do is Bridgewater threads, anyway?

So yeah, Hundley didn't look too great and Mariota needs to stay in school.  The end.

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

Quote:I'm convinced that Jacksonville fans for the most part have the underdog complex that was spoken about before....

AJ McCarron? Really???? 

Mariota, Manziel, Mettenberger, Hiney, 

theres only one QB anyone should be focusing on right now and thats Bridgewater. 

Anything else is crap. 
You really are a total clown. Laughing Laughing Laughing

(This post was last modified: 10-26-2013, 10:51 PM by The Mad Dog.)

Quote:You really are a total clown. Laughing Laughing Laughing

yes, because I not only see the other QB for what they are, and also see that Bridgewater is clearly head & shoulders better AND within our grasp. 

So, yeah excuse me for not caving into the usual Jax fan mediocrity acceptance when it comes to players/ coaches/ etc etc

Bridgewater or nothing. 

YOU think McCarron could be the next Tom Brady.....and you call others a "clown" Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing  X10000

Quote:yes, because I not only see the other QB for what they are, and also see that Bridgewater is clearly head & shoulders better AND within our grasp. 
Yes, Teddy is the best prospect in the draft. However, he is only in our grasp under one condition...we have to get the #1 pick. If we do then that's great take Teddy by all means. However, if we don't you are going to be completely screwed and run around like a chicken with your head cut off. 

Thankfully Dave will have a plan in case that scenario doesn't happen, and hopefully he will calmly take the other franchise QB prospect in this draft and take Mariota.

Quote:I'm convinced that Jacksonville fans for the most part have the underdog complex that was spoken about before....

AJ McCarron? Really????

Mariota, Manziel, Mettenberger, Hiney,

theres only one QB anyone should be focusing on right now and thats Bridgewater.

Anything else is crap.

God forbid people talk about QBs not named Bridgewater in a forum for college football.

You really need to stop acting like simply talking about other QBs is a ridiculous concept especially when Bridgewater isn't even on this team.

You can't even handle being mature for one day kid. Hiney? Really? You act like a female dog far too often.

Quote:Thankfully Dave will have a plan in case that scenario doesn't happen, and hopefully he will calmly take the other franchise QB prospect in this draft and take Mariota.

CLOWNEY or trade down.

Lol... You mariota haters are funny
Titansequaltrash aka my mini me. Follows me around like a cute puppy dog.

Haters? I don't hater Mariota at all. I like him. I just dislike the people who think we should take him at #2.

I think we should. We go from this draft being qb loaded to now there are no options at #2. So basically when TB sucks it up and we get the #2 pick we go defense and forego a QB yet again. Nobody at 33 will be available that's worth a hoot. We need success now, not five years from now.

Tell me what's so great about this qb class?

Also for those of you saying Oregon makes the QB, not the other way around, that's how it's been for about the last 7-8 years there. I don't remember anyone talking about Dennis Dixon when he was playing. I remember him getting injured being the reason they got jumped for the title game, but nobody thought for a second he was worth a shot in the NFL.

Quote:0 chance of what? Former Gabbert fan boys such as yourself latching to a new Gabbert-esque prospect?

I give that 100%.

Fan boy of Gabbert? Hahahahaha. Where do you get this stuff?

Quote:Agreed

Do you even know what a football looks like?

hee hee hee!!

Coming from someone who was prob to chicken to try out for pee wee football, middle school, or high school football. Oh the irony. What, we're you the equipment manager and someone how think you actually learned something about football? Hehehe.

LOL I can't believe vagrantwade is still throwing around insults after how stupid he looked during the UCF-Louisville game.

Quote:Also for those of you saying Oregon makes the QB, not the other way around, that's how it's been for about the last 7-8 years there. I don't remember anyone talking about Dennis Dixon when he was playing. I remember him getting injured being the reason they got jumped for the title game, but nobody thought for a second he was worth a shot in the NFL.
Dennis Dixon and Darron Thomas to name a few. Mariota obviously is better than those two, both as a college qb and prospect. However, Maruota is still a product if that Oregon offense. Didn't see anything from him vs UCLA that was impressive or scream NFL ready.

I have two problems with Mariota first his accuracy

Don't get me wrong every QB overshoots now and again but with Mariota I see too many passes sail out of bounds and miss wide open receivers on intermediate routes

I would also add though I did not get to see the game tonight and I can't get a stat to confirm or deny this but the yards after contact his receivers get is crazy ie play I saw curl route cornor backing off good throw wide receiver turns Jukes the corner breaks free runs in for the score

That is my worry can he do this when his wrs aren't going to get huge yac and what will happen on those errant throws in tighter coverage can he be consistent throwing the ball as if a d is covering the read and we can't get a run game going he will not be able to afford to miss those throws

Other than that great feet and incredible athleticism however without the consistency to back it up he isn't a number 2 pick

That said he is definitely a first rounder the eagles should sit behind Vick for a year or so to develop before rolling him out

Quote:Dennis Dixon and Darron Thomas to name a few. Mariota obviously is better than those two, both as a college qb and prospect. However, Maruota is still a product if that Oregon offense. Didn't see anything from him vs UCLA that was impressive or scream NFL ready.
Just to show how stupid that argument is, I think that Teddy is closer to Brian Brohm and Dave Ragone than Mariota is to those two. So Teddy is just a product of the system!

Unimpressed by both Mariota and Hundley today. It's looking like trade up for Teddy, stay with Clowney, trade down for Barr or Matthews, or trade way down for Mosley or Seferian.

If we miss out on teddy this draft..I'm all for shoring up a lot of positions this draft with clowney etc..and then giving up a ransom for Winston next year.

Ole Pete Prisco.....mancrush on the tall athletic athletes. I won't say QBs because neither is ready to play QB at the NFL level day one.