Create Account

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Mike Brown.

He certainly has potential. It's nice to see younger players improve, in a winless season that's a good sign. I hope he can keep it up.

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

Mike is a stud.

If Henne makes that throw in the corner then Brown would have another TD.  The defender fell and Henne overshot it.

Quote:Speaking of receivers, does Blackmon ever toe tap on the sideline?  Seems to me, he catches blindly and rarely looks down.  The endzone toss; splendid throw by Henne, had a true chance for 6.  Lovely catch by Blackmon with time to tap that left foot in bounds before running out...

He did this repeatedly last year and hasn't seem to correct it thus far.

Quote:On the potential TD play, what you are asking him to do is more difficult than you think. That pass was carrying his momentum away - he might need to improve his getting 2 feet in as a rule, but on this play I don't think it was possible. 
Have to agree with TMD on that one. Had Blackmon gotten his other foot in bounds, it would have been a spectacular catch. It also likely would have been his last play of the season because he likely would have blown his knee to smithereens.

His leg was far out front of him, and to have planted it inbounds would have been inviting disaster. I have zero problem with that play as it went.

What lies behind us, and what lies before us are tiny matters compared to what lies within us.

Mike Brown's development is just another example of how good of a WR coach that Jerry Sullivan is. If I was the Jags I'd give this guy a lifetime contract - i.e. a guaraneed job regardless of head coach. 

Quote:Mike Brown's development is just another example of how good of a WR coach that Jerry Sullivan is. If I was the Jags I'd give this guy a lifetime contract - i.e. a guaraneed job regardless of head coach. 
Careful  - you'll damage your Caldwell bashing agenda. 

His time is now

Saddle up Mike Brown.  You're time is now.  

Gene's Myth

Shorts / Brown / Sanders / Burton

Time to step up fellas.

It's Mikey B time son.

I hope he puts Blackmon out of a job.

THERE IS A SKELETON INSIDE OF YOU.

RIGHT NOW. THIS IS NOT A JOKE.

It's  probably the worst way for it to happen of course - but we will get to find out a lot more about Sanders, Burton, and Williams ( if he returns from injury. )

[Image: mbrown1.gif]