Create Account

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Second Overall Pick...

A lot of posters choosing Mariota. Is there a chance that he may overtake Bridgewater come draft time?
"Before you criticize a man, walk a mile in his shoes. That way, if he gets angry, he's a mile away and barefoot."

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

Quote:A lot of posters choosing Mariota. Is there a chance that he may overtake Bridgewater come draft time?

Definitely a chance. I think he's the only QB with a chance.

Quote:A lot of posters choosing Mariota. Is there a chance that he may overtake Bridgewater come draft time?
Mariota is definitely closing the gap on Teddy B - but, I think the overall consensus is that Bridgewater is still going to be the first QB taken.

He fast

[Image: MarcusSpeed.gif]

Quote:Bucs will finish with more wins than us. Their defense should be way better than ours but isn't, and have better weapons and a functional offensive line. The QB situations are a wash but the Bucs beat us in every other catagory. I also saw that we have the 2nd hardest strength of schedule remaining.

I would take Mariota though.

Fixed. 

Quote:He fast

Would be nice to see a non-sped up gif of this but that is shades of Michael Vick right there.

THERE IS A SKELETON INSIDE OF YOU.

RIGHT NOW. THIS IS NOT A JOKE.

Quote:Would be nice to see a non-sped up gif of this but that is shades of Michael Vick right there.
He would certainly be the more exciting pick.. but I still think Teddy will be better. 

Trade down and get Matthews and Manziel. J'Aggies :no:

CLOWNEY! The ONLY QB that a team can pass up on Clowney is Bridgewater, and Bridgewater needs to finish strong to justify that.

Why are people so obsessed with these type of plays? IT DOESN'T WORK IN THE PRO!

Yes, he fast, but can he make anticipation throws? Read the defense and change the play at the LoS?

Gotta jump on board with Mariota. I remember hearing the hype about him winning the qb contest before the season even started last year and thought he might just be another product of Oregons system but the kid looks good. Never thought I'd be thinking about him playing for the Jags though!
Titansequaltrash aka my mini me. Follows me around like a cute puppy dog.

I'll have to watch some Oregon games now...

No brainer... Trade down!   Some team will pay a ransom for Clowney.  And then we take two QBs.... Mettenberger and some combo of Mariotta/Hundley

clowney. then mettenberger in the 2nd.

(This post was last modified: 10-14-2013, 01:57 PM by The Mad Dog.)

....yeah....that play really projects to the NFL. lolz....

He never even reaches the 2nd level of the defense if that same exact play was tried in the NFL. 

Quote:No brainer... Trade down!   Some team will pay a ransom for Clowney.  And then we take two QBs.... Mettenberger and some combo of Mariotta/Hundley

Ahh, so we'd be getting 2 non-sure things....

Stop overthinking this....

Just take Bridgewater and finally have a good QB for the first time in 15 years. 

One look at how improved the Jags were going from horrible (Blaine) to just bad (Henne) at QB should tell you all you need to know. Or if you need more, look at the Texans...average QB play (Schaub's last 3-4 years) and they are challenging for annual first round byes in the playoffs. His play falls off and they are literally two walk off plays from being 0-6. JJ Watt is having another all time great season and that team has still become a laughing stock. And trust me, Clowney won't be having seasons better than Watt has had these last two years.

The NFL has become a 90% QB driven league. If Teddy is gone Mariota is the easy easy necessity pick.

Quote:Ahh, so we'd be getting 2 non-sure things....

Stop overthinking this....

Just take Bridgewater and finally have a good QB for the first time in 15 years.

To be fair in this scenario taking Bridgewater isn't an option

Quote:One look at how improved the Jags were going from horrible (Blaine) to just bad (Henne) at QB should tell you all you need to know. Or if you need more, look at the Texans...average QB play (Schaub's last 3-4 years) and they are challenging for annual first round byes in the playoffs. His play falls off and they are literally two walk off plays from being 0-6. JJ Watt is having another all time great season and that team has still become a laughing stock. And trust me, Clowney won't be having seasons better than Watt has had these last two years.

The NFL has become a 90% QB driven league. If Teddy is gone Mariota is the easy easy necessity pick.

Great post and great examples all around. The point about JJ Watt/ Clowney was particularly good. :thumbsup: