Create Account

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Second Overall Pick...

Quote:Why are people so obsessed with these type of plays? IT DOESN'T WORK IN THE PRO!

Yes, he fast, but can he make anticipation throws? Read the defense and change the play at the LoS?

Someone gets it. :thumbsup: 

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

I really don't think many NFL fans really understand what it takes to be a long term starting qb in this league. It is not about the "flash" plays and physical gifts. The battle is won and lost with smarts and wit. If you took the top 4 qbs in this league (Brady, Manning, Rodgers, Drees) and rank them with their peers based on pure physical attributes. I can bet that 3 out of 4 of them would rank in the bottom 15 with Rodgers barely in the middle. Being a qb in the NFL has little to do with arm strength or running speed but more on how you diagnose defenses and put the ball exactly where it needs to be (among other mental intangibles of course). The reason why coaches run the spread in college is because it makes the qbs job that much easier. The option baits the defense and opens up the one read on pass plays. It is rather simple. 

Quote:Yes, he fast, but can he make anticipation throws? Read the defense and change the play at the LoS?

Yes

Quote:Ahh, so we'd be getting 2 non-sure things....

Stop overthinking this....

Just take Bridgewater and finally have a good QB for the first time in 15 years. 

Read slower

In that scenario?  Trade down.  Hopefully some team pays a fortune for Clowney or Mariota.  I don't think Mariota will transition well into the NFL.  He might with Chip Kelly as head coach (at least for a while).  But we'll wait and see on that.   Just my opinion. 

I was wrong about Trent Baalke. 

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

Quote:In that scenario?  Trade down.  Hopefully some team pays a fortune for Clowney or Mariota.  I don't think Mariota will transition well into the NFL.  He might with Chip Kelly as head coach (at least for a while).  But we'll wait and see on that.   Just my opinion. 
Obviously it depends on the compensation, but I wouldn't give up my chance to take Boyd so easily. We agree on Mariota. While I think Mariota is deserving of a top 10 pick based off of athletic ability and potential, I don't think he's NFL ready day 1.

LEONARD FOURNETTE FAN CLUB PRESIDENT. I WAS BEHIND HIM WHEN YOU ALL SAID HE WAS BRANDON JACOBS. QUIT HATING ON THE JAGUARS. GUS IS GONE. COUGHLIN HAS RESTORED ORDER. FOURNETTE IS FRED TAYLOR. DONT BELIEVE ME JUST WATCH.