Create Account

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Rutgers @ Louisville Game Thread

(This post was last modified: 10-11-2013, 10:11 AM by Deacon.)

Was it cold at the game last night? I ask that because oft times on a Quarterback's first cold weather game, the ball will just act differently coming out of their hand. To me, it seemed like he was really trying to drive the ball, but the velocity didn't seem to be there. His statistics were fine with me, but I have to admit that I didn't like the look of some of those passes. Seemed like he needed to put a lot of air under his deep throws and he didn't trust his arm to drill the deep out.

I think that as he stands right now, he's pretty much the diametric opposite of David Garrard. His a bit limited athletically by his arm strength and frame, but he has the playbook and gameplan down pat. He's still young and he still has some physical development to go through, so it's not a deal breaker.

I'm excited to watch more of him.

I'm trying to make myself more informed and less opinionated.

Stop saying whatever stupid thing you're talking about and pay attention to all the interesting things I have to say!

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

Quote:True fans like you who would rather draft OL in top rounds because you still have this delusional belief that drafting a QB is too risky and you keep enjoying those under .500 seasons like the true fan that you are. And the not Luck/RGIII excuse is played out and ignorant.

Listen here skippy I don't know who you are to talk to me like that. You don't know me and you are new to the board. RESPECT YOUR ELDERS KID. You don't know what I expect or don't expect. I did not talk negatively about Bridgewater I said there were some plusses and minuses. Again to clarify my point see the last sentence, he had the WR WIIIIIIIDE OPEN and floated it and it went out of bounds. A 30 yard pass shouldn't be floated that badly. He has some decent pocket awareness and had command against the offense but the question is can he do it against a good SEC team? I think that it would be a different ballgame had he played someone like an LSU or Alabama team. 

All I'm saying is no reason to jump on the Bridgewater band wagon as there are several highly intriguing prospects out there and I have not seen them all. As far as drafting an OL in the top rounds, well common sense says that if that's the best player at the pick then yea I would. I'm most definitely not delusional about picking a QB and it being a risky prospect, I believe highly that to have the best chance at landing a franchise QB it makes since as history suggests there's more success in the first 2 rounds than the remaining for QBs. I like to review all the prospects to see what they all bring to the table. 

I lol at your attempt to "know" what kind of fan or person I am, you only succeeded in making yourself look like an idiot. BRAVO SIR BRAVOOOOOOOOO!!!!!! Now go make me a sammich.

Quote:I came away from the game with the same concerns as I did going in. He needs to work on his deep passing. Is that something that he can improve? I think he can, and once he does, he becomes a much better player. 

That said, I was more impressed with what Jesse Palmer was saying about him as it pertains to his love of football, understanding of the game, how he works on game plans with the coaches, how he makes all these adjustments at the line. I really like to hear those things about him, and it really adds to his stock as a prospect. But if he already sounds like a 10-year veteran as Palmer says he does, is he close to reaching his ceiling?

After last night's game, he hasn't really separated himself from Mariota, for me.
I don't really have a problem with his deep throws because he hit's more than he misses... much like a lot of NFL QB's... there's always room for improvement and I'm sure he can improve on this too... one thing that stood out to me last night was the ball slipping out of his hand on a couple of passes...it looked like he was about ready to lose the grip and Palmer said he "floated" a couple of throws... he went to the side-line and changed the glove on his throwing hand...

About the 10 year Vet thing... I don't think he's close to reaching his ceiling... that means he's ahead of his time to me...look at Manning this year...one would think he already hit his ceiling years ago but that just goes to show what hard work will do for a player and Bridgewater seems to have all that plus more...

I like Mariota a lot too...
[url=http://home.comcast.net/~midimusic2006/mp3/sec/Tennessee__Rocky_Top.mp3][/url]</P><P>
;
 </P> <DIV class=b2></DIV>
;

Quote:Listen here skippy I don't know who you are to talk to me like that. You don't know me and you are new to the board. RESPECT YOUR ELDERS KID. You don't know what I expect or don't expect. I did not talk negatively about Bridgewater I said there were some plusses and minuses. Again to clarify my point see the last sentence, he had the WR WIIIIIIIDE OPEN and floated it and it went out of bounds. A 30 yard pass shouldn't be floated that badly. He has some decent pocket awareness and had command against the offense but the question is can he do it against a good SEC team? I think that it would be a different ballgame had he played someone like an LSU or Alabama team. 

All I'm saying is no reason to jump on the Bridgewater band wagon as there are several highly intriguing prospects out there and I have not seen them all. As far as drafting an OL in the top rounds, well common sense says that if that's the best player at the pick then yea I would. I'm most definitely not delusional about picking a QB and it being a risky prospect, I believe highly that to have the best chance at landing a franchise QB it makes since as history suggests there's more success in the first 2 rounds than the remaining for QBs. I like to review all the prospects to see what they all bring to the table. 

I lol at your attempt to "know" what kind of fan or person I am, you only succeeded in making yourself look like an idiot. BRAVO SIR BRAVOOOOOOOOO!!!!!! Now go make me a sammich.

Oooo! Can I have one too?!?! I'd like Roast Beef and Cheddar on Rye with a little spicy mustard please!

I'm trying to make myself more informed and less opinionated.

Stop saying whatever stupid thing you're talking about and pay attention to all the interesting things I have to say!

(This post was last modified: 10-11-2013, 09:30 AM by flgatorsandjags.)

Quote:Ok that's reasonable and yeah the deep ball is a little inconsistent, but it's always the RIGHT throw even if he does miss it
Outside of the 3 or 4 passes that he overthrew on the wide open WR there were also about 3 others that I remember that could of been easily picked.  Overall he had a decent game but to say it's all ways the right throw is drinking the kool aid.  The way Louisville D played last night if Teddy was on it could of been a blow out but overall a a decent performance.  Hopefully he improves each week that way if we do draft him next year he will be ready day one.

Quote:Outside of the 3 or 4 passes that he overthrew on the wide open WR there were also about 3 others that I remember that could of been easily picked. Overall he had a decent game but to say it's all ways the right throw is drinking the kool aid. The way Louisville D played last night if Teddy was on it could of been a blow out but overall a a decent performance. Hopefully he improves each week that way if we do draft him next year he will be ready day one.

I haven't seen the full game yet, but from past games that is my impression. Like the first throw against Kentucky a couple weeks ago it was single coverage and the WR looked like he had the man beat but it was slightly overthrown, but it was the right throw which is a good sign
Shock the world

Quote:well when what I said, comes to fruition.......remember that I called it

Then call it once.  No need to keep whining post after post after post.  

Quote:Then call it once. No need to keep whining post after post after post.

That's his thing. He's looking for a reason to complain.

"He has to work on his deep ball accuracy"

You guys do realize this is pretty much applicable to every QB ever right?

TEST

Quote:"He has to work on his deep ball accuracy"

some are better than others, but I totally agree with what you're saying

I feel like there's just way too much over analysis over Teddy, especially last night. If he doesn't completely dominate...even without his #1 playmaker, some see it as a huge disappointment. Listening to Prosser on SFR this morning, I was SMH.

Yes. It's still his weakest point and an area he needs to work on.

Watching the video cut ups on youtube, and I've seen pretty much all of them, he's pretty consistent in overthrowing his receivers deep. Last night's game, he was 0/3 when throwing to a streaking receiver. 

I actually think Mariota is better at throwing it deep, granted Bridgewater is more consistent throwing short to intermediate passes.

Quote:some are better than others, but I totally agree with what you're saying

I feel like there's just way too much over analysis over Teddy, especially last night. If he doesn't completely dominate...even without his #1 playmaker, some see it as a huge disappointment. Listening to Prosser on SFR this morning, I was SMH.
His schedule is equivalent to an MLB team playing a single A team...get that through your head. He's above average and with a cupcake schedule he has failed to separate himself from the other QBs.

Your beliefs become your thoughts,
Your thoughts become your words,
Your words become your actions,
Your actions become your habits,
Your habits become your values,
Your values become your destiny.

Quote:His schedule is equivalent to an MLB team playing a single A team...get that through your head. He's above average and with a cupcake schedule he has failed to separate himself from the other QBs.

UCF is a good team, Rutgers is a good team, Houston is a good team and Kentucky is a good team. Care to compare his Florida tape against Johnny's Florida tape? He has done an awesome job of elevating himself and he is the reason that Louisville is in the conversation for the national championship. When you look at the tape, he dissects defenses, checks plays at the line of scrimmage and even handles blocking assignments. He can throw on the run rolling left or right. He has top notch pocket presence, has a certain level of evasiveness and athleticism that allows him to avoid free rushers and he keep his eyes down field at all times. He constantly distributes the ball evenly and goes through his progressions naturally. The only area of concern to me is his lack of accuracy on deep balls. I think that when he sees the matchup he likes, he gets excited and overthrows his man. Time will tell if this is a correctable issue, but there is literally nothing not to like about the kid.
LEONARD FOURNETTE FAN CLUB PRESIDENT. I WAS BEHIND HIM WHEN YOU ALL SAID HE WAS BRANDON JACOBS. QUIT HATING ON THE JAGUARS. GUS IS GONE. COUGHLIN HAS RESTORED ORDER. FOURNETTE IS FRED TAYLOR. DONT BELIEVE ME JUST WATCH.

(This post was last modified: 10-12-2013, 04:05 PM by Solid Snake.)

yup