Create Account

Board Performance Issues We are aware of performance issues on the board and are working to resolve them! The board may be intermittently unavailable during this time. (May 07) x

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
What Scares Me About Teddy

Quote:Looks a little thin for being 6'3.

He does look small.

But looks can be very deceiving.  Luck looks a lot smaller than he plays.  But then, maybe that's just because we're used to seeing a big jughead in that uni.

"You do your own thing in your own time. You should be proud."

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

Quote:I can't find the video where he talks about what he did to put on weight but it was some preseason media interview. Either way if you actually look at him now it's pretty obvious;

196 Weight;

[Image: media_ba4f97ae66034196b09227ddf7334faf_t607.jpg]

Now;

[Image: iGTXRYM.png]

Sites like ESPN haven't updated it since his Freshmen weigh in and likely won't until the combine if even then.

Just going to requote myself...

The 196 weight on these sites hasn't been updated in two years. Because that was the last time he was "officially" weighed.

TEST

ARM strength is a pretty over rated intangible. Watch Manning, Brady and Brees work the field they hardly go deep. They are surgeons in the middle and outs, the test the D deep once in a while
[Image: Brunell_sig_zps13c33193.jpg]

Quote:ARM strength is a pretty over rated intangible. Watch Manning, Brady and Brees work the field they hardly go deep. They are surgeons in the middle and outs, the test the D deep once in a while

Arm strength is definitely not overrated.  Even Ron Jaworski on ESPN always talks about how arm strength is absolutely vital to be an elite QB.  Every elite QB must have at least "good" arm strength.  I would agree that knowing where to go with the ball is more important, however.

<FONT face="Comic Sans MS" size=3><B><FONT face=Verdana color=#ff6600 size=4></FONT></B></FONT>

http://vaughtsviews.com/bigger-louisvill...ity-state/

http://www.sbnation.com/nfl-mock-draft/2...ing-report

As of a few months ago he was listed at 218-220. 

"Don't argue with an idiot, people watching may not be able to tell the difference."

Quote:Just going to requote myself...

The 196 weight on these sites hasn't been updated in two years. Because that was the last time he was "officially" weighed.

I just find it strange that even Louisville hasn't weighed him again in the last 2 years. Their site even has him at 196

Quote:I just find it strange that even Louisville hasn't weighed him again in the last 2 years. Their site even has him at 196

He has been weighed. As has been mentioned several times. Just not for official weight ins. They often don't bother with guys that are like 3 year return guys.

Feel free to bookmark for the combine though.

TEST

Quote:He's allegedly 215-220 lbs right now

Quote:http://vaughtsviews.com/bigger-louisvill...ity-state/

http://www.sbnation.com/nfl-mock-draft/2...ing-report

As of a few months ago he was listed at 218-220. 

yep, just as I read recently, too. 

search youtube for the preseason videos. There is one where he specifically talks about it. I am at work and don't have time to find it myself. I thought it was that "Media day 2013" video but it wasn't. I think it was against that same white wall on the same day though.

TEST

Quote:Arm strength is definitely not overrated. Even Ron Jaworski on ESPN always talks about how arm strength is absolutely vital to be an elite QB. Every elite QB must have at least "good" arm strength. I would agree that knowing where to go with the ball is more important, however.

I'm not saying that's its not important. I'm just saying its not as important as some make it out to be. He can make all the NFL throws that are needed. I don't care if he can throw a ball 70 yards down the field.

Quote:I'm not saying that's its not important. I'm just saying its not as important as some make it out to be. He can make all the NFL throws that are needed. I don't care if he can throw a ball 70 yards down the field.
Arm strength isnt just about how far you can throw it.  You need arm strength to put zip on the ball in windows and when you need to make certain throws.  Not just about how far you can throw it

Quote:my suggestion, stop bashing people about evaluation of qbs. 

So youve never missed an evaluation in your life. Ever. At all. Right?

It takes 2 years to judge anyway, and Geno is looking pretty dag good right now, so how about you find something else to attack people about until then.

Something i found stranger about TBs weight. They did update it. I actually looked at their 2012 roster: 218. This year: 196

Quote:Something i found stranger about TBs weight. They did update it. I actually looked at their 2012 roster: 218. This year: 196
[Image: speechless-smiley-040.gif]

Quote:Arm strength isnt just about how far you can throw it. You need arm strength to put zip on the ball in windows and when you need to make certain throws. Not just about how far you can throw it

Exactly, "NFL throws". Which I think he can make

Quote:Something i found stranger about TBs weight. They did update it. I actually looked at their 2012 roster: 218. This year: 196

It's only strange if you don't realize that all of these websites, even official ones, are never accurate when it comes to weight or height.

The combine measurements always differ quite a bit from what you see on sites.

TEST

Quote:This is a forum filled with SEC nutjobs. Of course it worries some people here. They have no idea how to evaluate quarterbacks.

I don't think Teddy has been overwhelmed a day in his life. He has never looked anything but calm and poised in the pocket. And he has played against some tough defenses.

Quote:So youve never missed an evaluation in your life. Ever. At all. Right?

It takes 2 years to judge anyway, and Geno is looking pretty dag good right now, so how about you find something else to attack people about until then.
of course ive been wrong before. but i guess you didnt read his comment. but here it is. 

The bolded line is completely accurate.

TEST

On a side note. Geno looks pretty good tonight.
Shock the world

he is doing pretty well, so did every qb against that defense, but as a rookie this is a great game.  looking like a first rounder tbh.