Create Account

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Quarterback Prospects Helps Our Draft

*All assuming we have the worst record

We have a chance to grab three of the 65 Best players.

This Senior QB class is so deep that guys like Zach Mettenberger, Aaron Murray, Tahj Boyd, David Fales, Derek Carr, Brynn Renner, Stephen Morris, Keith Price, and A.J. McCarron will be pushed down the board behind guys like Brett Hundley, Marcus Mariota, and Teddy Bridgewater. The best thing about this is that not many QBs really need a quarterback. Browns, Bucs, Arizona, Jags, and maybe the Raiders. I don't think the Raiders take a QB. I think Bridgewater comes out because he'll be the #1 overall and Marcus Mariota comes out because he has a chance to be taken by the Eagles and run Chip Kelly's offense. I don't think the Raiders give up on Pryor yet (especially if Clowney is on the board), and Manziel has even said "can't wait to leave College Station. Even if some of these underclassmen don't come out, Like Manziel or Hundley, there's a bunch of qualified senior QBs. This is good for us for two reasons. First round talent will be pushed out the first round. There will be a quarterback in the fifth round that will be loads better than Henne or Gabbert

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

All I thought today was, "if the rams take Bridgewater one pick ahead of the Jags..."  Can't believe I'm here but am truly of the defeatest attitude.  After having to watch the Colts go from Manning to Luck, please Jags lose and lose and lose until we can get a QB.

"Gentlemen, it is better to have died a small boy than to fumble this football" - John Heisman

Quote:*All assuming we have the worst record

We have a chance to grab three of the 65 Best players.

This Senior QB class is so deep that guys like Zach Mettenberger, Aaron Murray, Tahj Boyd, David Fales, Derek Carr, Brynn Renner, Stephen Morris, Keith Price, and A.J. McCarron will be pushed down the board behind guys like Brett Hundley, Marcus Mariota, and Teddy Bridgewater. The best thing about this is that not many QBs really need a quarterback. Browns, Bucs, Arizona, Jags, and maybe the Raiders. I don't think the Raiders take a QB. I think Bridgewater comes out because he'll be the #1 overall and Marcus Mariota comes out because he has a chance to be taken by the Eagles and run Chip Kelly's offense. I don't think the Raiders give up on Pryor yet (especially if Clowney is on the board), and Manziel has even said "can't wait to leave College Station. Even if some of these underclassmen don't come out, Like Manziel or Hundley, there's a bunch of qualified senior QBs. This is good for us for two reasons. First round talent will be pushed out the first round. There will be a quarterback in the fifth round that will be loads better than Henne or Gabbert

Huh? :blink:

I agree.  This may be one of those drafts where we pick up a 2nd QB in the 4th round using the extra pick.  But part of me is still waiting for the cries of "Next year's draft is way better!" because it always happens. 

Quote:All I thought today was, "if the rams take Bridgewater one pick ahead of the Jags..."  Can't believe I'm here but am truly of the defeatest attitude.  After having to watch the Colts go from Manning to Luck, please Jags lose and lose and lose until we can get a QB.

Here's what it looks like.  The teams that have been defeated with FULL CONSISTENCY. 

1. Jaguars 0-5 (-122 dif, 51 points) 31st O, 24th D

2. Giants 0-5 (-100 diff, 82 points) 15th O, 28th D

3. Bucs 0-4 (-26 diff, 44 points) 32nd O, 5th D

4. Steelers 0-4 (-41 diff, 69 points) 29th O, 3rd D

All have played very good teams as you'd expect.  But it definately looks like the Jags are winnign the race, and the only other winless team in need of a QB is the Bucs.  The Rams don't really seem like candidates right now.  But it's slightly possible one of these teams sneak ahead of us on the strength of schedule technicality (a really dumb rule that should be replaced with something that actually makes sense).  If this happens, it's probably the Bucs or a team that doens't need a QB.   If we don't have the #1 pick who knows what would happen.  I think we're still good even if we don't get Bridgewater.  But it's early.