Create Account

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
What Would Teddy Mean For The Jaguars?

We sucked for Gabbert? Really? Did any of the other teams know we were doing this? I thought we were just mediocre that year and our GM traded up then cut our QB at the start of the season ? Hmm.. food for thought

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

Quote:I can't stop watching your sig, best one yet! thank you!

Dude - I am sure I speak for your wife or girlfriend when I say get your head in the game ! Smile

You don't tank for a player.... especially when ur 1st round pick maybe might somehow get hurt and lost for the whole season...wake up people...u pick the BAP whenever u pick...
Stop being afraid of what could go wrong and start being positive about what could go right!!!

Quote:You don't tank for a player.... especially when ur 1st round pick maybe might somehow get hurt and lost for the whole season...wake up people...u pick the BAP whenever u pick...
I certainly hope Teddy Bridgewater is available and the BAP with the 1st pick of the 2014.

Cough.

teddy bridgewater is overrated.  he's not in the league of andrew luck and a healthy rg3

Quote:teddy bridgewater is overrated.  he's not in the league of andrew luck and a healthy rg3

Guess we should just let the clock run out, draft Johnny Football at #33 and sign Tebow?

Quote:Guess we should just let the clock run out, draft Johnny Football at #33 and sign Tebow?
Because he is the only other qb available genius?

Quote:Because he is the only other qb available genius?

There's nobody else worth mentioning. Mariota can't even hold Teddy's jock strap, and he's the 2nd best QB.

There were posters saying Luck was overrated too on these boards....The Clots practically laid down to hand us the game in Indy...they were in full mode to get the  # 1 pick. 

Quote:Guess we should just let the clock run out, draft Johnny Football at #33 and sign Tebow?

We doing it BIG....Florida State bringing that SWAG back in 2013!!!!    

<p style="text-align:center;"> 

Man I watched him yesterday and I just don't know. I've watched him at least 5x and he is impressive, but I don't know if he's as impressive as Manziel or any of the top 6 guys potentially being in the draft.

I like him, he'd make a difference, but I know the other guys would as well.

I guess that's why they do the combine and so forth

(This post was last modified: 10-06-2013, 08:53 PM by stoopidsteve87.)

If you suggest anything other than Teddy Bridgewater will be the savior of the franchise, the city, and ultimately the NFL (yes, you don't know it but the NFL needs him to save it all), then you will be condemned.

This board is full of Teddybears for Teddy who would rebel with a greater resolve than that of Tebowites if the Jaguars were to...say, end up with the #1 overall pick and do anything other than draft Teddy Bridgewater. Forget any other QB that may rise up the board; forget the possibility of drafting anyone else and picking a QB later in the 1st or in the 2nd; heck, forget the thought of trading back to pick up more picks and proceed to choose any other QB a few picks later in the 1st.

With that said...

The notion that we should simply "do like the Saints" and pick up a known-commodity... What world are you living in? That was seriously a once-a-decade pickup. That was better than the Broncos signing Peyton (unless he wins multiple superbowls with them before retiring) because of Brees' age at the time. But just the same, it wasn't known if he'd still be a half-decent starter coming off serious injury himself.

Who is this known commodity that will be available and willing this year?

Quote:With that said...

The notion that we should simply "do like the Saints" and pick up a non-commodity... What world are you living in? That was seriously a once-a-decade pickup. That was better than the Broncos signing Peyton (unless he wins multiple superbowls with them before retiring) because of Brees' age at the time. But just the same, it wasn't known if he'd still be a half-decent starter coming off serious injury himself.

Not even once in a decade. He's really the only instance of that you can think of. Maybe the Packers fleecing the Falcons for Favre or the Niners stealing Steve Young from Tampa but those were trades.

Quote:If you suggest anything other than Teddy Bridgewater will be the savior of the franchise, the city, and ultimately the NFL (yes, you don't know it but the NFL needs him to save it all), then you will be condemned.

This board is full of Teddybears for Teddy who would rebel with a greater resolve than that of Tebowites if the Jaguars were to...say, end up with the #1 overall pick and do anything other than draft Teddy Bridgewater. Forget any other QB that may rise up the board; forget the possibility of drafting anyone else and picking a QB later in the 1st or in the 2nd; heck, forget the thought of trading back to pick up more picks and proceed to choose any other QB a few picks later in the 1st.

With that said...

The notion that we should simply "do like the Saints" and pick up a non-commodity... What world are you living in? That was seriously a once-a-decade pickup. That was better than the Broncos signing Peyton (unless he wins multiple superbowls with them before retiring) because of Brees' age at the time. But just the same, it wasn't known if he'd still be a half-decent starter coming off serious injury himself.

You make it sound like this "known commodity" is definitively going to choose to come here to Jacksonville - when there are 31 other options available. 

You are petrified of spending a draft pick on a QB - based on the ineptitude that was Gene Smith. Let's take our diapers off and grow up - you build through the draft.

Pride

Dynasty MVP

GOAT

Worst to best QB in league history

Etc.

I just realized... Teddy could wind up being the first Offensive Rookie of the Year for the Jaguars.  

If it were to happen, that could be pretty big.  Awards are pretty meaningless.  Still, it'd be nice to see happen.  Especially if we turn around and get 6+ wins next year.

I was wrong about Trent Baalke. 

So many people are scared of taking a QB. I understand that Gabbert has ruined this for you. But you have to understand what having a great QB means to a franchise. I don't see anybody getting the first pick ahead of us. And barring some cosmic shift in the next 7 months, Bridgewater will be the first pick. Just sit back and enjoy the ride.

;

;

(This post was last modified: 10-06-2013, 09:44 PM by jagsfreak27.)

Quote:If you suggest anything other than Teddy Bridgewater will be the savior of the franchise, the city, and ultimately the NFL (yes, you don't know it but the NFL needs him to save it all), then you will be condemned.

With that said...

The notion that we should simply "do like the Saints" and pick up a known-commodity... What world are you living in? That was seriously a once-a-decade pickup. That was better than the Broncos signing Peyton (unless he wins multiple superbowls with them before retiring) because of Brees' age at the time. But just the same, it wasn't known if he'd still be a half-decent starter coming off serious injury himself.

Nobody is going to shoot up the draft boards and unseat him. He's about as solid a prospect as you're ever going to find at the QB position. If we get the number 1 pick we will be drafting Teddy Bridgewater and nobody else. Not Clowney, not Johnny Football.
LEONARD FOURNETTE FAN CLUB PRESIDENT. I WAS BEHIND HIM WHEN YOU ALL SAID HE WAS BRANDON JACOBS. QUIT HATING ON THE JAGUARS. GUS IS GONE. COUGHLIN HAS RESTORED ORDER. FOURNETTE IS FRED TAYLOR. DONT BELIEVE ME JUST WATCH.

Quote:You make it sound like this "known commodity" is definitively going to choose to come here to Jacksonville - when there are 31 other options available. 

You are petrified of spending a draft pick on a QB - based on the ineptitude that was Gene Smith. Let's take our diapers off and grow up - you build through the draft.

HOW IN THE WORLD DID YOU GET THAT FROM MY POST?

Now that I've turned the caps lock off... How in the world did you get from my response that I think we should be going the mystical "known commodity" route??

I very clearly mocked the idea by stating it doesn't happen but every once in a blue moon that such is even available and then I finished it with the question of "Who is this known commodity that will be available and willing?" <--- the "and willing" referencing exactly what you just stated in how there are 32 options and evern if there were such a QB to become a FA, there's far from a sure thing they'd sign with Jax.

I think you misinterpreted something very poorly because you and I are on the same page...

Except the fact that, while I have no fear of drafting a QB and am all on-board with building through the draft, I don't believe it's do-or-die to draft a QB #1 of the available prospects AT THIS POINT IN TIME. Ask me in January and I very well may be all on the Teddy bandwagon or whoever it may be at that time that looks like the #1 overall draft pick. I've stated repeatedly today that there are multiple quarterbacks that look good and that Teddy Bridgewater may or may not be the end-all-be-all come draft time.

I'm all for us having the first pick (if we're going to suck, we might as well suck right), whether it's Teddy B or not.

Teddy is the second most NFL ready QB I have seen since Manning.

99% of the first round QBs taken are 50/50 high ceiling guys.

TEST

Quote:So many people are scared of taking a QB. I understand that Gabbert has ruined this for you. But you have to understand what having a great QB means to a franchise. I don't see anybody getting the first pick ahead of us. And barring some cosmic shift in the next 7 months, Bridgewater will be the first pick. Just sit back and enjoy the ride.

LOL. And Leftwich. And all the other missed top quarterbacks. No doubt what a franchise quarterback does for a team. The Colts are one of the finest examples currently of such. All is shot without Manning. Then bam. They're right back in it. Seattle didn't turn things around overnight, but they were putting the right people in the right places and were on the way. Bam. Wilson accelerates that. The Redskins aren't helping their case this year but last year was a heck of a turnaround from the previous. I can only hope for such.

I would just love for people to realize that there is no guarantee that it works out. We have to get "THE" guy. One way or the other. Whether it's the first pick or the fifth pick or the end of the round or however it may be. But good Lord, some of you act like "well... we should tank. And draft Teddy Bridgewater. And he'll be the best quarterback the team has ever seen, a franchise man for 10+ years, and we'll be contenders within a year or so of his career."

I hope that's how it plays out. But what will you all be saying if the team doesn't draft him? Many wouldn't give the franchise till the second pick of the draft before they're condemning whatever plan may be in place at that moment that none of us know of. What if we DO draft Bridgewater and he doesn't turn into the star that we all hope? Then who will you blame?

Quote:Nobody is going to shoot up the draft boards and unseat him. He's about as solid a prospect as you're ever going to find at the QB position. If we get the number 1 pick we will be drafting Teddy Bridgewater and nobody else. Not Clowney, not Johnny Football.

If we were to take Johnny Manziel... Oh Lord... All the talent in the world, but he has some luck on his side as well (remind you of someone else?). Some of his highlight-reel plays that he is praised for are pure luck on dumb decisions (ala the 40-yarder against Bama, broke free from several defenders while running around in circles and blindly throws one straight up in the air into the middle of the field and several defenders, that his guy just happens to come down with).

Anywho, not debating for or against Manziel, just had to comment since he was mentioned.