Create Account

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Aaron Murray

I like Murray as a late rounder. He could be a back up who may or may not eventually turn out to be a starting quarterback. But I like him there. There's no way he's starting for who ever drafts him or picks him up next year with the ACL.

I did like him as a second or third rounder before his devastating injury. In my opinion he's better than Jimmy Clausen, Colt McCoy, and even Andy Dalton who were picked by their respective teams within those rounds, "tried out" if you will, for a season and either worked out or didn't work out. 

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

Quote:I like Murray as a late rounder. He could be a back up who may or may not eventually turn out to be a starting quarterback. But I like him there. There's no way he's starting for who ever drafts him or picks him up next year with the ACL.

I did like him as a second or third rounder before his devastating injury. In my opinion he's better than Jimmy Clausen, Colt McCoy, and even Andy Dalton who were picked by their respective teams within those rounds, "tried out" if you will, for a season and either worked out or didn't work out. 

Andy Dalton was picked in the second round, #35 overall. Jimmy Clausen and Colt McCoy were fifth round picks.

An ACL tear really should not make a player drop so far like that. To suggest that injury makes any player a permanent backup is ridiculous. Mark Brunell tore up a knee in college, then did it again in 1997. Did anyone ever say he should be a backup after that?

Quote:Andy Dalton was picked in the second round, #35 overall. Jimmy Clausen and Colt McCoy were fifth round picks.

An ACL tear really should not make a player drop so far like that. To suggest that injury makes any player a permanent backup is ridiculous. Mark Brunell tore up a knee in college, then did it again in 1997. Did anyone ever say he should be a backup after that?
Jimmy Clausen was 2nd rounder, McCoy was a 3rd rounder.

http://espn.go.com/nfl/player/_/id/13199/colt-mccoy

http://espn.go.com/nfl/player/_/id/13198/jimmy-clausen

You're right about an ACL tear making a player drop so far but it occurred so close to the draft. I know Marcus Lattimore plays a different position, but there's an example of high round draft pick dropping due to injury. You typically want high draft picks to start sooner rather than later. He's no Adrian Peterson so he's not starting at the beginning of the season.

As far as permanent back up, I never said he would be. I said depending on his skill level he may or may not be. The same could happen if he was in the 2nd or 3rd, like Clausen or Mccoy. Dalton ended up working out for his team, at least at the serviceable starter level. 

I personally like Aaron Murray but as a fan, and again this is all just my opinion, I want someone who will light up the scoreboard now not later. If we get Aaron Murray I would rather pick another QB higher and have Murray as a later round pick.

We have too many needs to pick two quarterbacks in the same draft. Chad Henne can stay on as a backup until we find a better one.

I agree

Quote:We have too many needs to pick two quarterbacks in the same draft. Chad Henne can stay on as a backup until we find a better one.
 I was simply coming up with a scenario where Murray would be able to fit in. I don't want him if we are depending on a for sure starting quarterback.

Quote:We have too many needs to pick two quarterbacks in the same draft. Chad Henne can stay on as a backup until we find a better one.

We currently have 10 picks with 5 in rounds 5-7, picking 2 QBs is not out of the realm of possibility. 

Quote:Andy Dalton was picked in the second round, #35 overall. Jimmy Clausen and Colt McCoy were fifth round picks.

You say incorrect things with such conviction. Congrats?

;

;

Quote:Pardon me for wanting to win Super Bowls. Have fun being content with QB purgatory dudes. Those one and done playoff teams sure will be awesome!

Yep, they ain't winning no SB with Andy Dalton....heck, they have yet to win a single playoff GAME with Andy Dalton. 

This board likes themselves some mediocre stiffs at QB. Its even funnier though when they try to denigrate legit studs like Manning & Luck at the same time. 

Quote:Yep, they ain't winning no SB with Andy Dalton....heck, they have yet to win a single playoff GAME with Andy Dalton. 

This board likes themselves some mediocre stiffs at QB. Its even funnier though when they try to denigrate legit studs like Manning & Luck at the same time. 

Nobody here said that Manning and Luck were bad qb's, lets not try to spin here TMD...I know you're the master.

Btw, while saying Dalton hasnt won a playoff game, neither has Luck....and lets not act like Manning has a stellar postseason record either.

The crazy part about this is that I dont disagree about Dalton....you just like to say things to try to make yourself look smart and in the end look worse in the process.

Quote:Nobody here said that Manning and Luck were bad qb's, lets not try to spin here TMD...I know you're the master.

Btw, while saying Dalton hasnt won a playoff game, neither has Luck....and lets not act like Manning has a stellar postseason record either.

The crazy part about this is that I dont disagree about Dalton....you just like to say things to try to make yourself look smart and in the end look worse in the process.

Go peruse over to the Luck threads on th AFC south forum. Theres a bunch of people that try to make Luck seem as if he wasn't all that great. They've been beating that drum ever since the Colts won that 1st overall pick by tanking. 

Quote:Yep, they ain't winning no SB with Andy Dalton....heck, they have yet to win a single playoff GAME with Andy Dalton. 

lol kirk cousins is mediocre. mccarron is mediocre. what a hypocrite.  

how about when you put bridgewater in the same class as luck peyton and marino but somehow would not trade for him? haha youre a tool.

Quote:lol kirk cousins is mediocre. mccarron is mediocre. what a hypocrite.  

how about when you put bridgewater in the same class as luck peyton and marino but somehow would not trade for him? haha youre a tool.

haha David Carr is your top QB, and you call someone else a tool. 

Nice job, HeeRo

Quote:haha David Carr is your top QB, and you call someone else a tool. 

Nice job, HeeRo
lol keep beating that he sucks because his brother sucks logic, makes you very smart  :thumbsup:

Quote:lol keep beating that he sucks because his brother sucks logic, makes you very smart  :thumbsup:

Thats only one aspect of it. He flat out SUCKED against USC, one of the only good teams he faced. Thats a window of what you'll be seeing from Carr at the NFL level....which is just like his bro/ 

Quote:Thats only one aspect of it. He flat out SUCKED against USC, one of the only good teams he faced. Thats a window of what you'll be seeing from Carr at the NFL level....which is just like his bro/ 
lol he played one terrible game and suddenly he sucks nice analysis. so when he plays great and has time you said he had a great oline, and when he faces pressure all day its his fault? your logic is so embarassing.  not hard to stop that kind of offense he runs when you have a great dline. watch him tear up the senior bowl.

you know they play nothing alike right? or are you just that stupid?

(This post was last modified: 12-27-2013, 03:48 PM by The Mad Dog.)

Quote:you know they play nothing alike right? or are you just that stupid?

They both suck. Thats similar enough for me. 

Believe it or not I'm with Mad Dog when it comes to Carr. Not for the reason of him being David's bro. I dont see a top 10 pick when I watch Carr. I see a 4th rounder or later, tops. Nothing about him is special to me.

Quote:Believe it or not I'm with Mad Dog when it comes to Carr. Not for the reason of him being David's bro. I dont see a top 10 pick when I watch Carr. I see a 4th rounder or later, tops. Nothing about him is special to me.

Yep. He is nothing special. He was exposed vs USC. 

Thats how he'll play week in and week out as a pro with the better teams that he's not used to playing against. 

I wouldn't say 4th round but late 1st-early 2nd as of late.