Create Account

Board Performance Issues We are aware of performance issues on the board and are working to resolve them! The board may be intermittently unavailable during this time. (May 07) x

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Get Off The Bridgewater Bandwagon

Quote:what about when people say a qb with really good pocket presence makes his oline better?

let me do the math, luck got sacked 23 in college, 41 in the pro, 41 divide 23 = 1.78. teddy got sacked so far in his 3 years 64. so 64x1.78= 114. im pretty sure thats the pace. or do i still not understand?

You're really grasping. I'm out.

[Image: pastor-flying-gif.gif]

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

Quote:Judge the player?He passed for 1 TD against Kentucky and Louisville won 27-13,now that's impressive

thats because louisville's run game was trashing kentucky. bridgewater didnt even need to throw the ball. i watched the entire game and almost the entirity of every other louisville game this season. the dude could have thrown for 6+ TDs in every game if they wanted to. 

but once they have the game wrapped up they have been semi letting off the gas. 

thats a garbage argument.

almost every argument on here is garbage,

1. the no competition argument is stupid, he can only play who they have scheduled and he has produced every time. 

2. the only example of competition that you doubters will accept is the florida game, so it should be ok to reference it.

3. if tmd cant say he is on pace to get sacked 9 times this season, then no one should care how well peyton is playing. projections based on trends are pretty much what make the world go 'round.

4. last but not least, i knew i was going to lose IQ points after i read the title and then saw "jaguarswoman" was the OP.

ugh

Coughlin when asked if winning will be a focus: "What the hell else is there? This is nice and dandy, but winning is what all this is about."

I haven't watched nearly  as much Bridgewater  as many of you have - but I have seen him take a sack and then get up and complete a pass on the next play with pressure in his face.   I like that.  A lot. 

I also don't think the college sack number  (at Louisville!)  will translate to the NFL.  The Jaguar O-line that he may end up behind will certainly have new blood in the middle and likely on the right edge as well.   (the line will likely benefit from at least one decent FA addition too)    They might need time before they are playing well.   He'll take sacks - but I think they'll find a way to protect him better than his current line does.  

After watching Gabbert  struggle behind this o-line when it stinks and even when it serves him up a nice pocket - I don't find myself worrying about Bridgewater "taking" too many sacks. I think he'll have a better line (eventually if not immediately) and he'll make Blackmon a superstar. 

Quote:I totally understand why people want Teddy Bridgewater: He is a quarterback, we need a quarterback, and many people expect us to get the top pick by defeault next year. But there is something Bridgewater fans are either forgetting or choosing not to think about: No member of the Jaguars ever said anything about him yet because all they're interested now is trying to win every week, so we have no idea if they like him or not. At least not publicly, and not anyone who will meet him in Indianapolis and Louisville. I do think we will take a long hard look at him and he will be high on our favorites list during the scouting process, but wish everybody would stop assuming we want him long before our first conversation with him. That makes absolutely no sense at all. You all need to stop acting like we already know the Jaguars will draft him in May because not a single Jaguar even knows if he would be a good fit for Gus Bradley's offense yet. You don't know if Bridgewater is exactly the kind of quarterback we need before they do and that is what matters most, not the media saying he deserves to be the top pick.

Wow.....
Never argue with idiots. They drag you down to their level and beat you with experience.
[Image: attachment.php?aid=59]

Quote:maybe im wrong but doesnt alabama and georgia run pro style offense? murray and mccaron seem to thrive with similar offense like teddy but against better competition. your thoughts?
Mccaron plays for Nick Saban and had an OL with about 5 NFL players, Murray has been starting for 4 years in that system, this is the first year he has played good vs ranked teams which he should since he is a 4 year starter. 

<B><FONT color=cyan>Jags this is your year</FONT></B>

I recall her post from Ohio 9 years ago ....Hey Cavs get off the Lebron bandwagon.....

(This post was last modified: 10-04-2013, 10:07 PM by trunt87.)

I'll stay on the bandwagon. I originally thought how can anyone pass up Clowney? But with our QB situation you'd be a fool to pass up TB.

I love your enthusiasm Jag Woman, but we don't play, the team doesn't care if we are focused or not. There is not one thing we can do to change the outcome of Jaguar games. Trust me I have tried everything!

(This post was last modified: 10-04-2013, 10:33 PM by knarnn.)

Quote:You're really grasping. I'm out.

[Image: pastor-flying-gif.gif]
You've been saving that one for a while haven't you?
"Before you criticize a man, walk a mile in his shoes. That way, if he gets angry, he's a mile away and barefoot."

Quote:I'll stay on the bandwagon. I originally thought how can anyone pass up Clowney? But with our QB situation you'd be a fool to pass up TB.

I love your enthusiasm Jag Woman, but we don't play, the team doesn't care if we are focused or not. There is not one thing we can do to change the outcome of Jaguar games. Trust me I have tried everything!
As much as we need a quarterback, it would not be a terrible thing to pick Clowney. I don't think Clowney is a consolation prize. Do we not need to upgrade the defensive line?

What would be foolish is not passing on Bridgewater to pick Clowney, but doing what Gene Smith did with the 2010 first round pick. (JPP was available when he picked Tyson Alualu at #10.)

Actually, the team does care if we are focused or not. If we are only focused on clinching the top pick in May, the Jaguars will not sell enough tickets because their fans are not interested in the games.

(This post was last modified: 10-04-2013, 11:29 PM by trunt87.)

Quote:As much as we need a quarterback, it would not be a terrible thing to pick Clowney. I don't think Clowney is a consolation prize. Do we not need to upgrade the defensive line?

What would be foolish is not passing on Bridgewater to pick Clowney, but doing what Gene Smith did with the 2010 first round pick. (JPP was available when he picked Tyson Alualu at #10.)

Actually, the team does care if we are focused or not. If we are only focused on clinching the top pick in May, the Jaguars will not sell enough tickets because their fans are not interested in the games.

It is the team's job to make sure we aren't thinking about that first pick.  Unfortunately they have made this upcoming draft the only thing to look forward to about this dreadful season.  So far.  Maybe they turn it around?  I don't know.  I hope they do.  I don't want them to lose ever.  But right now.....they do nothing but lose and lose bad, and it has nothing to do with how focused I am when going to the game. 

I hope we go 1-15. We get our franchise QB and weed out the casual fans. Should make forums and Twitter so much better as well as our offense. Smile

Signed,

Me in hotel in St Louis right now for the game Sunday.

TEST

(This post was last modified: 10-05-2013, 09:48 AM by Jaguar33.)

Quote:What's crazy is people assume it is a given that the Jaguars will pick the best college quarterback just because he is, well, the best college quarterback. That sounds like the only position needing repair is quarterback, which is never true when a team gets blown out every week.

Shhhhhhhh.....you are showing your former Ohio State carpetbagger who joined the Gator brigade because you thought everybody's doin' it and wanted to be popular only to adopt a why don't the jaguars sign tebow because all the popular kids say that he used to win and he was the best college quarterback and then after you magically turned into a gator fan, you watched the lowly Louisville Cardinals team think that they could keep up with the mighty reptiles only to be surgically carved up by you know who slant.

We see right through you.....stop it already.....

<p style="margin:0px 0px 0px 0px;">

(This post was last modified: 10-05-2013, 10:12 AM by iHaunting Raven.)

I think is really cute how some of you are afraid we may not get the #1 pick lol. I'd be very surprised if we win a game at all this year, I expect the defense to improve but the offense will stink all year long thanks to interior O-line, Fisch and Gabbert/Henne.

"Treyvon Wallet is elite run defender and better overall than Aidan Hutchinson" 11/11/23

The number one pick won't bother me providing some of the games are interesting to watch. Heck I will see all of them this year. But at least get two tds. That's not asking for much.
Bleeding Teal since 1995. The Icon Teal Time Radio aka ctjags

#Gojags

Bridgewater does a great job of climbing up in the pocket and keeping his eyes down field.  We haven't seen that here in a while.  Always looking to pass, but saw him run a few times and definitely is athletic enough to get yards when he has too.  

Quote:not refuting it, i've never seen him play an actual game just highlights. but great pocket presence should mean less sacks right?

You know you should really try watching him play a few times rather than simply stat box watch. You might learn something. Or maybe not.

On Wisconsin.

Quote:not refuting it, i've never seen him play an actual game just highlights. but great pocket presence should mean less sacks right?

Wow.  I'd be surprised if anybody took you seriously when it comes to Bridgewater conversations after this admission...

Quote:You know you should really try watching him play a few times rather than simply stat box watch. You might learn something. Or maybe not.
i was just asking the bridgewater fans because they seem to know a lot about the kid, i dont get much louisville games in the west coast tbh.

Quote:Wow.  I'd be surprised if anybody took you seriously when it comes to Bridgewater conversations after this admission...
well i dont know much about teddy thats why i was just simply asking why hes taking a lot of sacks if he has a great pocket presence since i havent really seen him play. is there something wrong with that?

(This post was last modified: 10-05-2013, 01:38 PM by Dakota.)

Why did someone name him Bridgewater. Everyone knows bridges aren't made out of water. They are usually made out of steel or concrete, or a combination of the two. Some bridges go over water, but most do not. They go over other roads, railroad tracks, or terrain. So, I have to agree with JW here and say that something doesn't seem right. To call the savior of the Jaguars Bridgewater just reeks of something being wrong.

I don't want some fraud calling the plays here. I want a guy that's REAL!

What lies behind us, and what lies before us are tiny matters compared to what lies within us.

Quote:i was just asking the bridgewater fans because they seem to know a lot about the kid, i dont get much louisville games in the west coast tbh.

well i dont know much about teddy thats why i was just simply asking why hes taking a lot of sacks if he has a great pocket presence since i havent really seen him play. is there something wrong with that?

Nothing wrong with that at all.  But at least now people know you admit to not knowing much about him.  

That's all.