Create Account

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Ode To "what Are You Listening To Right Now?"

Quote:I had to read this twice, I first read it as you saying that Johnny Cash was hard rock and was confused. No disrespect to him, of course.

Lol, I'm not nearly old enough to consider him hard rock.

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

Quote:Well...I have some girlfriends who love Pink, but I'm not much of a fan. If you like M & S and Avicii, then you should really check out Iron & Wine, Ray LaMontagne, Beach House, Pure Bathing Culture, Tame Impala and a few others. If you haven't already that is. I have tons of new, lesser known artists I think you may like if you'd like some more suggestions. 
I youtubed some of these. Listened to some live stuff, some recorded stuff. I wasn't a fan of much of it. Sad

TravC59, aka JacksJags. @TravC59 on Twitter
;
; "This is really good, you want a bite, Honey?"

Quote:I youtubed some of these. Listened to some live stuff, some recorded stuff. I wasn't a fan of much of it. Sad

Ah bummer. I guess I'm not in tune with your musical tastes just yet. I just can't imagine a Mumford & Sons fan not liking at least Iron & Wine. Maybe you are more into the more upbeat stuff...try listening to Boy with a Coin, or any song off of their Shepherd's Dog album. Also, try Twins or Dream the Dare for Pure Bathing Culture. 

And in the end if you still don't like it...well that'll make me sad but we'll need to discuss in PM maybe what you like and I can give you some better suggestions. I'll find something for you, I promise. Smile

Live long and prosper \\// [Image: 660e5a470556a0f21a991347940d77c860f8c9a5.jpg]

Quote:Ah bummer. I guess I'm not in tune with your musical tastes just yet. I just can't imagine a Mumford & Sons fan not liking at least Iron & Wine. Maybe you are more into the more upbeat stuff...try listening to Boy with a Coin, or any song off of their Shepherd's Dog album. Also, try Twins or Dream the Dare for Pure Bathing Culture. 

And in the end if you still don't like it...well that'll make me sad but we'll need to discuss in PM maybe what you like and I can give you some better suggestions. I'll find something for you, I promise. Smile
Will try it.

TravC59, aka JacksJags. @TravC59 on Twitter
;
; "This is really good, you want a bite, Honey?"

Quote:Will try it.

Haha, loving the enthusiasm.  Tongue 

Live long and prosper \\// [Image: 660e5a470556a0f21a991347940d77c860f8c9a5.jpg]

Really into guy/girl electronic duos lately i.e. Purity Ring, Crystal Castles, Sleigh Bells.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gCcvKDVPl64

60% of the time, It works Everytime...

[Image: BS5hg.jpg][Image: m5Lb.jpg][Image: 5YnyA.jpg][Image: U2VW7.jpg]

I'm listening to a bunch of metal songs, trying to find the perfect one to use as my ringtone.

I'm leaning towards using the first 30 seconds of The Black Dahlia Murder's 'I'm Charming'.

Quote:I'm listening to a bunch of metal songs, trying to find the perfect one to use as my ringtone.

I'm leaning towards using the first 30 seconds of The Black Dahlia Murder's 'I'm Charming'.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2-V8kYT1pvE

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RmB6OFplI2k

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sNh-iw7gsuI

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LMf0elaZZoA

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XCpqbAFtBrc

The opening to each of those songs would be good ringtones in my opinion.

Checkmate by No Trigger

Judas Priest

You know trouble is right around the corner when your best friend tells you to hold his beer!!

(This post was last modified: 11-06-2013, 08:14 PM by homebiscuit.)

I was listening to some Supertramp at work today.

And Toad The Wet Sprocket

And Breaking Benjamin.

And Primus (Wynona's Big Brown Beaver).  Love that song.

Careful with that Ax Eugene......... Early Pink Floyd

You know trouble is right around the corner when your best friend tells you to hold his beer!!

I'm not listening to the song right now but ted nugent's "wang dang sweet(can't type the rest of it)" came to mind. Gotta love uncle ted.

Quote:And Primus (Wynona's Big Brown Beaver).  Love that song.
[Image: 2454228-primus-cowboy.gif]

I have embarrassing taste in music because I like pop.  One of the few guys who do probably. Then again I do have three daughters who love pop music, so it's grown on me.

Listening to Mike Tompkins version of Dog Days/Feel Again.  Mike Tomkins is awesome.

I was wrong about Trent Baalke. 

Quote:I have embarrassing taste in music because I like pop. One of the few guys who do probably. Then again I do have three daughters who love pop music, so it's grown on me.

Listening to Mike Tompkins version of Dog Days/Feel Again. Mike Tomkins is awesome.

Which is fine. But must you clasp your hands together and squeal with delight when you say it? Smile

Quote:I have embarrassing taste in music because I like pop.  One of the few guys who do probably. Then again I do have three daughters who love pop music, so it's grown on me.

Listening to Mike Tompkins version of Dog Days/Feel Again.  Mike Tomkins is awesome.
Not gonna lie, I'm a metal guy myself, but even I have pop on my iPod. I only have good pop though. Pop like Backstreet Boys, NSync, 98 Degrees, Joey McIntyre, etc. No Bieber or any of today's pop music. Not a fan of today's pop AT ALL.

Quote:Not gonna lie, I'm a metal guy myself, but even I have pop on my iPod. I only have good pop though. Pop like Backstreet Boys, NSync, 98 Degrees, Joey McIntyre, etc. No Bieber or any of today's pop music. Not a fan of today's pop AT ALL.

I'm the opposite.  I like today's pop.  Not so much the old stuff.  Can't stand Bieber though.  Not a lot of male artists I do like in pop music though..  I've raised my girls to think Bieber is uncool.  Thankfully by the time they turn 14, he will hopefully be an afterthought.  Rock on the other hand, I prefer the classics.  Styx. The Cars.  The Eagles.  Kansas.  I think that's probably why I like pop -- Rock influences.  At least that's why Pandora says.

I was wrong about Trent Baalke. 

Lookin' Out My Backdoor- CCR