Create Account

Board Performance Issues We are aware of performance issues on the board and are working to resolve them! The board may be intermittently unavailable during this time. (May 07) x

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
The New Uni's Are To Blame.

Quote:Couldn't disagree more love the clots unis and tradition, hate our arena league attempt at a helmet and jersey.

That is a part of the problem. For tradition you have to go back to 1984. Not the 1950s. Only the Irsay family believes today's Colts carry on the legacy of Johnny Unitas. Nobody else does. I think the Colts are in need of a modern look. This team has never had a serious uniform change in its history. This is why I credit the Jaguars for uniforms ideas that are at least from this century.

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

Quote:Eye catching the same way that dog crap stands out right before you step on it. The Colts duds are awesomely traditional.

The Buccaneers changed their uniforms and won a Super Bowl soon after. At first I disliked the Seahawks radical uniform change. Now I think its great. Especially the florescent green. The Patriots and Broncos uniform changes were terrible. I don't put the Jaguars in that latter category. I think if the Jaguars were winning, people would like these uniforms a lot more.

Quote:The new uniforms are fantastic, including the helmet.  You guys just like to whine about everything.

They'll look better when we're winning.
These uniforms are much better than the ones they replaced, but I hate the new font for the letters. A and B look terrible. They should have gone back to the 1997 font for letters.

Quote:Well they said the unis would give us a new identity.
That they did. We are the first team to wear helmets that are one color on the front half and another color on the back half - not just in the NFL, but probably everywhere football is played. Also, we aren't using a font that has already been used somewhere else and no other team has a shield logo. However, other teams do have different sleeve colors, so that is not unique to us.

Quote:I guess you aren't familiar with Penn State.

Victim #24 is

My drinks didn't taste very good yesterday.  I had to walk into the stadium as no one was there from the Jaguars organization to carry me in like a baby, or provide some sort of limo service from my car to the seats.

I also didn't like that the sun was out.  I also saw some seagulls in the parking lot.  I am not real sure what the Jaguars are thinking allowing birds in the parking lot.  I also saw a guy wearing a Packers jersey, which made me want a refund from the Jaguars.  When I used the restroom, no one from the Jaguars staff was on-site to hold it for me.  When I got back to my seat, I had noticed my drink wasn't refilled for free.  

When I got back to my car, the Jaguars had not filled it up with gas as I expected, another disappointment.  

<a target="_blank" href="http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v107/chuckd132132/p1_manning_all_200.jpg" target="_blank">VIEW IMAGE</a>

Quote:That they did. We are the first team to wear helmets that are one color on the front half and another color on the back half - not just in the NFL, but probably everywhere football is played. Also, we aren't using a font that has already been used somewhere else and no other team has a shield logo. However, other teams do have different sleeve colors, so that is not unique to us.

The Ravens have a shield logo. It's on their unis and is even on midfield at their stadium (huge shield at 50yard line).

Quote:This means we're drafting Clowney.
I hope not. He's been nonexistent so far this year.

Quote:The Buccaneers changed their uniforms and won a Super Bowl soon after. At first I disliked the Seahawks radical uniform change. Now I think its great. Especially the florescent green. The Patriots and Broncos uniform changes were terrible. I don't put the Jaguars in that latter category. I think if the Jaguars were winning, people would like these uniforms a lot more.

Opinions are like elbows.  What you think is terrible, plenty of other people like.  That's why they make apples and oranges. But, you know everything else, so I'm sure you know this.

<a target="_blank" href="http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v107/chuckd132132/p1_manning_all_200.jpg" target="_blank">VIEW IMAGE</a>

Helmets stink!

Quote:Helmets stink!
Are you proposing the NFL should play without helmets? That's asinine!

Quote:Are you proposing the NFL should play without helmets? That's asinine!

Would certainly decrease the headshots.

“An empty vessel makes the loudest sound, so they that have the least wit are the greatest babblers.”. - Plato

Quote:My drinks didn't taste very good yesterday.  I had to walk into the stadium as no one was there from the Jaguars organization to carry me in like a baby, or provide some sort of limo service from my car to the seats.

I also didn't like that the sun was out.  I also saw some seagulls in the parking lot.  I am not real sure what the Jaguars are thinking allowing birds in the parking lot.  I also saw a guy wearing a Packers jersey, which made me want a refund from the Jaguars.  When I used the restroom, no one from the Jaguars staff was on-site to hold it for me.  When I got back to my seat, I had noticed my drink wasn't refilled for free.  

When I got back to my car, the Jaguars had not filled it up with gas as I expected, another disappointment.  

I guess you didn't pay for a suite then.

“An empty vessel makes the loudest sound, so they that have the least wit are the greatest babblers.”. - Plato

Quote:The Buccaneers changed their uniforms and won a Super Bowl soon after. At first I disliked the Seahawks radical uniform change. Now I think its great. Especially the florescent green. The Patriots and Broncos uniform changes were terrible. I don't put the Jaguars in that latter category. I think if the Jaguars were winning, people would like these uniforms a lot more.

Oh hey, I missed this one. The difference is that the Bucs change was a good one. The Pats and Broncos are equivalent to the old ones. The SeaHags unis suck, especially the neon. The only ones of this era that I like a lot are the Falcons, those look good. The Jags 1996 uniforms should be the standard for all time.

I guess you have to look like a winner to be a winner now... :thumbsup:

I ain't no monkey... I'm an ape. Banana