Create Account

Board Performance Issues We are aware of performance issues on the board and are working to resolve them! The board may be intermittently unavailable during this time. (May 07) x

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Gabbert Fans Still Think He Is Better Than Henne?

Gabbert is brutal can we please finally give up on him? I understand that Henne is pretty bad too, but atleast Shorts can put up 143 yards against the Seahawks with Henne. Oh and by the way Gabbert has a whopping 44 yards passing at the end of the 3rd quarter against a worse Colts defense. For those who will say "Henne gets his yards in garbage time" my response would be atleast he gains yards in garbage time unlike Elaine who just takes sacks instead. 

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

(This post was last modified: 09-29-2013, 04:19 PM by Unravel.)

"Pretty bad" is an understatement. Henne is terrible. There is NO benefit to starting him. None, zip, zilch, zero. With Gabbert there is at least the incredibly microscopic chance it finally clicks. Henne has shown year in year out that the only thing he does well is throw it to opposing DBs that aren't even near the WRs.

Did you see all those throws in the 4th quarter doe?!?

Gene's Myth

I don't think anyone's a "Gabbert" fan anymore, It's more of wanting to see if there's anything there worth while. The answer is no obviously but I think some people where looking for one last chance to evaluate a former first round pick.

[Image: 5_RdfH.gif]

Quote:I don't think anyone's a "Gabbert" fan anymore, It's more of wanting to see if there's anything there worth while. The answer is no obviously but I think some people where looking for one last chance to evaluate a former first round pick.

That basically sums up my position, I just don't see the point in starting Chad "Captain Interception" Henne.

Quote:"Pretty bad" is an understatement. Henne is terrible. There is NO benefit to starting him. None, zip, zilch, zero. With Gabbert there is at least the incredibly microscopic chance it finally clicks. Henne has shown year in year out that the only thing he does well is throw it to opposing DBs that aren't even near the WRs.

Gabbert is done its never gonna click he cant play, time to go with Stanzi or Scott

<B><FONT color=cyan>Jags this is your year</FONT></B>

Quote:Gabbert is done its never gonna click he cant play, time to go with Stanzi or Scott

Let's be honest, the coaches probably aren't going to start either of them unless both Gabbert and Henne are hurt. Between Gabbert and Henne, Gabbert has the better chance of having it click even though it is highly, highly improbable at this point.

Can we stop comparing garbage and more garbage? 

I was wrong about Trent Baalke. 

Gabbert and Henne both suck, but Henne > Gabbert, not that it means anything.

I rather neither of them are on this team next season, and we let Stanzi and Scott battle it out for next years backup. 

Quote:Gabbert is brutal can we please finally give up on him? I understand that Henne is pretty bad too, but atleast Shorts can put up 143 yards against the Seahawks with Henne. Oh and by the way Gabbert has a whopping 44 yards passing at the end of the 3rd quarter against a worse Colts defense. For those who will say "Henne gets his yards in garbage time" my response would be atleast he gains yards in garbage time unlike Elaine who just takes sacks instead. 

A Henne vs Gabbert thread, huh? Things must be really boring up in Canada.

Neither one is better than Tebow...

Manziel 2014!