Create Account

Board Performance Issues We are aware of performance issues on the board and are working to resolve them! The board may be intermittently unavailable during this time. (May 07) x

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Justin Blackmon Coming Back Will Improve This Offense Somewhat...

Quote:lol because partying and drinking underage during college screams headcase. i guess this nation is full of headcases.
We don't need to waste a first round pick on another player who will need to mature when he enters the league. There are better options. Using a #1 pick on Manziel would be a wasted pick. It would also be an epic reach. Our best hope is he doesn't come out.
Never argue with idiots. They drag you down to their level and beat you with experience.
[Image: attachment.php?aid=59]

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

Quote:We don't need to waste a first round pick on another player who will need to mature when he enters the league. There are better options. Using a #1 pick on Manziel would be a wasted pick.
i was thinking top of the 2nd round. i agree hes not worth the 1st overall.  his immaturity can be tamed, its not like hes in trouble with drugs/alcohol or the law, hes just letting the fame gets to his head a little or maybe alot but he deserves it he just did win the heisman.

Quote:i was thinking top of the 2nd round. i agree hes not worth the 1st overall.  his immaturity can be tamed, its not like hes in trouble with drugs/alcohol or the law, hes just letting the fame gets to his head a little or maybe alot but he deserves it he just did win the heisman.

The Jags won't be waiting until the 2nd round to get a QB.
Never argue with idiots. They drag you down to their level and beat you with experience.

Quote:i was thinking top of the 2nd round. i agree hes not worth the 1st overall.  his immaturity can be tamed, its not like hes in trouble with drugs/alcohol or the law, hes just letting the fame gets to his head a little or maybe alot but he deserves it he just did win the heisman.

Tebow won the Heisman too. 

I was wrong about Trent Baalke. 

Quote:The Jags won't be waiting until the 2nd round to get a QB.
when clowney is staring at you in the face there should be some hesitation.

I'll be at the game in St Louis. Excited to see Blackmon in person again.

TEST

Quote:Tebow won the Heisman too. 
lol your lack of reading comprehension baffles me. 

"somewhat"  ain't gonna change the W/L column a bit.  

B14CKMON will help the offense improve but there's Much More issues at hand.

They (issues) will not be correct within just one year. Not even within two years...

NH3...
"AZANE"

Quote:when clowney is staring at you in the face there should be some hesitation.

I don't necessarily think he's a sure fire hit at the next level either. This team must fix the QB position and that has to be their first priority.

Quote:We don't need to waste a first round pick on another player who will need to mature when he enters the league. There are better options. Using a #1 pick on Manziel would be a wasted pick. It would also be an epic reach. Our best hope is he doesn't come out.

Agreed...

NH3...
"AZANE"

Za'Darius Smith = Budget Clowney.

TEST

Quote:I don't necessarily think he's a sure fire hit at the next level either. This team must fix the QB position and that has to be their first priority.
the qb can be fixed in the second round while fixing our atrocious dline in the first. either way i'll be happy with teddy or clowney but right now i prefer clowney.

(This post was last modified: 09-29-2013, 06:29 PM by Mowerguy.)

Quote:Agreed...

NH3...
/\ Me too.....Biggest problem on defense is how much they have to play....

Heck, even Clowney would get tired being asked to play as much as our D does.

What good does it do to get the ball back for this offense (and I use that term lightly)

Our D gets get worn out and tired....it has to be especially disheartening to have to go

back out before you can even sit down.

I'm surprised the Defense hasn't had a "man to man" meeting with the Offense with no coaches around.

If I was on the D, I'd be pretty po'ed.

"Stay tight, stay close. Great things are going to continue to happen for this football team."  - Doug Peterson

Quote:I'm fairly certain Russell Wilson and RGIII have a lot more going for them between their ears than Manziel does on his best day. Sorry. I'm not impressed with the overhyped Heisman winner. Size is less of a concern than the deficiency between his ears. The kid needs to grow up a lot before he's remotely ready for the NFL.

Quote:I'm fairly certain Russell Wilson and RGIII have a lot more going for them between their ears than Manziel does on his best day. Sorry. I'm not impressed with the overhyped Heisman winner. Size is less of a concern than the deficiency between his ears. The kid needs to grow up a lot before he's remotely ready for the NFL.

Manziel has a confidence and arrogance this team needs.  All the great QBs have that.  Just because he goes out and drinks being only 20 years old does not mean he has issues between the head.  You dont think most of these guys did the same thing?  How have we done with the Choir boys Gene Smith brought in here?  The only guy on the team with any talent has fair worse off the field issues than Manziel.  Its football were not building a church choir team.

Manziel 2014!

Quote:We don't need to waste a first round pick on another player who will need to mature when he enters the league. There are better options. Using a #1 pick on Manziel would be a wasted pick. It would also be an epic reach. Our best hope is he doesn't come out.
No one is saying with the first pick.  We draft Clowney with first pick and Manziel with first pick in second round.  Bridgewater is all hype.  He is not in the same caliber as Luck.

Manziel 2014!

Aw crud.  Now we are going to have Tebow fanatics and Johnny Football fanatics to deal with.   Just start saying, "All he does is win."

Got to roll the dice on a QB with the number 1 pick.  Gonna have to do that, but JM won't be picked that high.  Clowney would be a nice get, but the QB is overwhelmingly our biggest need.  After that, interior OL x 3, and DL, WR, RB, TE, LB....man......can we double up on picks of we go 0 for 16?

<FONT size=4>Are you suggesting that coconuts migrate?</FONT>

For the love of my Jaguars, Manziel all day and twice on Sundays.  Bridgewater will be sent to the wolves in weeks.  Johnny football has tons of traits suited for da Ville.

Success is a journey, not a destination.  Go all out Mighty Jaguars.

One thing for sure....we need picks and LOTS of them. :yes:

"Stay tight, stay close. Great things are going to continue to happen for this football team."  - Doug Peterson

Quote:Manziel has a confidence and arrogance this team needs.  All the great QBs have that.  
So do many of the crappy ones.