Create Account

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Week 6 Games Of Interest

(This post was last modified: 09-29-2013, 01:06 PM by TravC59.)

Thursday, October 3rd

10:00 PM No. 12 UCLA at Utah

Saturday, October 5th

12:00 PM No. 25 Maryland at No. 8 Florida State

Maryland playing surprisingly well thus far

3:30 PM Georgia Tech at No. 14 Miami (FL)

GT looks to rebound after a bad week, had a few extra days to prep for the Canes.

7:00 PM TCU at No. 11 Oklahoma

7:00 PM Arkansas at No. 18 Florida

8:00 PM No. 4 Ohio State at No. 16 Northwestern

10:30 PM No. 15 Washington at No. 5 Stanford

If only to me...

TravC59, aka JacksJags. @TravC59 on Twitter
;
; "This is really good, you want a bite, Honey?"

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

The Maryland FSU game interests me, with Maryland making the conference jump next year.

Iowa is playing OK football and good defense. I look forward to seeing them against MSU this week. Jake Rudock has shown me a lot of promise for a young QB taking his first snaps as a QB. He's a smart kid.

Made it to the GaTech-VaTech game.  Had been to a game there before but never had a chance to tailgate.  Was actually a pretty good time.  Was with a guy that was SAE at Vandy with me so we were able to talk our way into their house.  Also stopped by Sigma Chi for the heck of it.  Wasnt the best played game but entertaining.  Was actually kind of impressed by the number of GaTech students that were in attendance.  

Anyways this week...

Mizzou at Vandy - Defnitely our biggest game of the year.  We are 3-2 right now and after Mizzou we have UGA, at A&M, at Florida.  A loss to Mizzou and we could be staring at 3-6 needing to sweep our last 3 for a bowl.  Was only UAB this past week, but was the first time all year we played aggressively on defense.  Hopefully that will continue.  Worried about the game though.  Mizzou is playing better this year and they do things well offensively that we struggle with.  Spread teams out and have a running QB.

UGA at Tenn - Huge win for the Dawgs.... hopefully they can avoid a let up.  Honestly, I've got them as the frontrunner for the SEC title now.  Florida is their only difficult conference game remaining.  And right now I like their chances against Bama.  Dawgs are better this year and Bama is a little worse... and the Dawgs were only 5 yards away last year.  Tennessee... still not there.  South Alabama gave them too big a scare.

Other games.... lots of good ones this week.

Washington at Stanford - This could be Stanford's most explosive offense which is saying something.  But look out for UDub.  I bet the Sarkisian rumors to USC will start to heat up immediately.  Hopefully Washington can avoid the distractions.  

Ohio St at Northwestern - Big win for the Buckeyes last week... another big game.  Northwestern has been playing two QBs with some success this year.  They are 4-0 but havent played the hardest schedule.  Honestly wouldnt surprise me if Ohio St won this going away.  If Northwestern wins, they win close.

Maryland at FSU - BC gave the Noles a brief scare early in the game... but then their defense decided to quit covering WRs who ran more than 25 yards down the field.  Maryland is a sneaky 4-0... first 3 games were cupcakes.  But beating West Virginia by 37 is impressive.  Their QB CJ Brown has been carrying them.  Leads them in rushing TDs.  Always got to be on the look out for a QB that can run.

Arkansas at Florida - Two tough losses for the Hogs. Gave away the game against Rutgers and hten played A&M tougher than I thought they would.  Florida should watch out here.  Gators dont appear to miss Driskel.  Not surprised by that.

Georgia Tech at Miami - Tough loss for Tech on thursday.  Hokies Dline is full of men.  Slowed down Bama and then Techs triple option.  Will Miami be able to do the same?  Best way to stop a hot QB, aka Morris, is to run the ball and work the clock.  Interesting matchup.

Ole Miss at Auburn - surprised Ole Miss didnt make it closer.... although game was probably closer than score.  Regardless, like what Freeze is doing.

West Virginia at Baylor - Big win for WVU yesterday.  Can they do it again against Baylor?  Will they be able to slow down Baylor?  Offense may be just as potent as Oregon's.  

UCLA at Utah - Not sure what to think of the Utes.  Played close games against Utah St and BYU... both who are ok but not great.  And they lost to Oregon St... again ok but not great.  I have to think UCLA wins this.  Theyve been blowing out people.  Want to see Hundley some more.

BYU at Utah St - Aggies arent a bad team... and will definitely want this one.  

Air Force at Navy - first of the Commander and Chief games.  Air Force isnt very good this year.  Running game is solid as always but defense cant keep them in games.  And Navy's running game is probably better.  They should win.

Minnesota at Michigan - Minnesota sneaky 4-1.  Michigan is undefeated.  Assuming wolves win.

LSU at Miss St - want to continue to see if Mettenberger plays well and how high his draft status may go.  Due for a let down possibly.

This is crazy. Two straight weeks, Florida plays at 7:00 and Ohio State plays at 8:00. Weird. Does that mean I can watch the Buckeyes again?

Washington-Stanford could be good. Too bad it is not on earlier.

;

;

I'm looking forward to seeing if two strikes were enough to wake this Michigan team up. They open B1G play with homecoming vs Minnesota. I'll be in attendance rooting for the Maize and Blue.

This is not baseball, Hail. Where did you get "two strikes" from?

UCLA vs Utah.... quality game tonight for those who decide to stay up for it

Quote:UCLA vs Utah.... quality game tonight for those who decide to stay up for it
woohoo west coast peeps, gonna watch what the hype is on hundley and was wondering why ucla is only favored 6 points

ucla about to choke the game away lol

Quote:I'm looking forward to seeing if two strikes were enough to wake this Michigan team up. They open B1G play with homecoming vs Minnesota. I'll be in attendance rooting for the Maize and Blue.
They're not very good. Chalk one up for Meeechigan.

;

Quote:This is not baseball, Hail. Where did you get "two strikes" from?
Cause strike three and they are out.

;

WVU is 28 point underdogs to Baylor

That line seems whacked or perhaps they know WVU can't play on the road ???

Quote:WVU is 28 point underdogs to Baylor

That line seems whacked or perhaps they know WVU can't play on the road ???
sounds about right, i actually took baylor to cover! hopefully they do, i need lunch money.

idk about you guys but this jameis winston kid looks really good too bad he cant declare yet.

georgia about to get upset lol