Create Account

Board Performance Issues We are aware of performance issues on the board and are working to resolve them! The board may be intermittently unavailable during this time. (May 07) x

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Should The Jaguars Be Actively Shopping Shorts Right Now, Like Cleveland Is Allegedly Doing With Josh Gordon?

Quote:I still like Shorts. His concussions weren't flukes either, both of them were illegal hits with no penalties because he's a Jag. Robinson on the other hand, his concussions were selfinflicted by diving onto his head. With a better QB, Shorts is easily breaking 1K a season

He's on pace for 1472 yards this year. 

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

Quote:What you must remember is TMD went all-in on Shorts being a bust. Even advocating for him to be cut last preseason. He was went all-in and lost big time. Now he goes out of his way to downplay any success that Shorts has.

Precisely.

Quote:mechanical? He just seems like a very rigid, stiff, player when I watch him on the footage. I don't see the fluidity, smoothness that I like to see from the WR position. He runs like C3PO. I'd be shocked if Shorts amounts to anything more than a backup WR in this league.

Quote:I think he has what it takes to perhaps hang on a roster for a short time, perhaps a couple years   or so.

That said, I don't see him ever eclipsing WR4 on the WR depth chart.

The last guy at WR we drafted that I felt looked "mechanical" was Reggie Williams, and we saw how that one turned out. AT least Shorts only cost a 4th rounder.

Quote:Jason Hill is going to be our Santonio Holmes type. M80 is going to be our Wes Welker/ Steve Smith hybrid type, and Jarett Dillard is going to be our McCardell type. Shorts is going to be our...next Ernest Wilford?...I can't even say that...because thats an insult to Ernest Wilford.

So, I guess we must agree to disagree here.

"You do your own thing in your own time. You should be proud."

Funny how only one of those guys in that last message is still on the team.   And only one of those are currently on a football team.

Anyway, trading Shorts to 'ensure we get Bridgewater' is dumb for three reasons:

<b>#1. </b>It's very likely we get the first pick anyway.  

#2. Even if we don't get the first pick, there's no guarantee whatever we get out of Shorts is enough to beat Cleveland in a trade.

#3. Shorts is a good receiver, and no matter how good Teddy is, he will be better with good receivers than without them.

I was wrong about Trent Baalke. 

Let's not get rid of a guy that Teddy is going to need when he gets here. You don't want to leave Blackmon as the last bit of talent left at receiver. We need Shorts.

What if we get rid of Shorts and still dont get Teddy, they would look very stupid.  Teddy isnt the only good QB in this class and he might not even be the best one in the NFL.

Quote:What if we get rid of Shorts and still dont get Teddy, they would look very stupid.  Teddy isnt the only good QB in this class and he might not even be the best one in the NFL.

In addition to that... what if we end up being the team folks start throwing multiple first round draft picks at so they can select Teddy?

Robert Griffin III trade, part two.

Since the Browns are the ones who missed out on trading up for their QB last time, what would they offer to ensure it didn't happen again?

"You do your own thing in your own time. You should be proud."

No, Stephen Morris will need Cecil next year.

no way if the Jags can get a QB that can make good passes to Blackmon and Shorts then get that run game going with MOJO i think that we could be in the playoff hunt next year at least as long as they resign MOJO

Why don't we do like the Jets did. Trade away one of your best players for a draft pick. The draft pick will most assuredly pan out. Dee Milner is on par with Darrelle Revis amirite?
"Before you criticize a man, walk a mile in his shoes. That way, if he gets angry, he's a mile away and barefoot."

if we dont plan on getting MOJO back then they should trade him and at least get something out of it instead of just letting him go

Quote:if we dont plan on getting MOJO back then they should trade him and at least get something out of it instead of just letting him go
No one will trade anything for an aging RB with a 2.7 yard per carry average.  

hes going to light it up this week (fantasy football)

and hes only got 2.7 cause of the O they have been running they are going back to power runs now

Quote:Cecil doesn't have anywhere near the trade value compared to how valuable he is to the team.

Best stated reason for not trading Cecil.

We won't get what he's worth.

If a team is going to get nuts and offer us a first or second rounder, then that would be something.  It's just not going to happen.

Also:  This thread is the phoenix of TMD's "lets sell MJD high" (paraphrasing) thread from a couple years ago.  And it's invalid for the same reason.

Josh Gordon is being explored about trading because he has off the field problems possibly going forward and they didn't use much in the draft to get him. Cecil Shorts isn't even being considered trade material right now. We'll need him going forward as one of our pieces if we want to succeed.

(This post was last modified: 09-29-2013, 01:14 AM by JaguarJosh05.)

I'm okay with shopping players and acquiring picks but Cecil is our only reliable threat in a passing league. Even if we drafted a guy to come in how do we know he's a lock to be successful? I think we need to keep Shorts and Blackmon here. Eventually we'll have an OLine and a QB that can run an NFL offense I think. MJD on the other hand? household name with minimal production. Not all his fault but potential trade bait. You can't win with just a good RB.

No pain, no gain.

(This post was last modified: 09-29-2013, 09:29 AM by The Mad Dog.)

Quote:No, Stephen Morris will need Cecil next year.

How often does Cecil Shorts get 5+ yards wide open like the WR in your sig??? :ermm:

Quote:How often does Cecil Shorts get 5+ yards wide open like the WR in your sig??? :ermm:
...WOW

What i mean is when we get our QB of the future(Stephen Morris) we don't want to give him a horrible team and hurt his development. 

BTW the corner that Philip Dorsett beat is a projected First Rounder.

Quote:...WOW

What i mean is when we get our QB of the future(Stephen Morris) we don't want to give him a horrible team and hurt his development. 

BTW the corner that Philip Dorsett beat is a projected First Rounder.

New Mancrush, hmmm?

“An empty vessel makes the loudest sound, so they that have the least wit are the greatest babblers.”. - Plato

Quote:New Mancrush, hmmm?
I have always like Stephen Morris.... We have the same first name<3